Page 200 of 577 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 5761

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 200

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    After reading NK's journal, I headed to the gym. Her post about what she had accomplished motivated me to get my arse there too. This is what I did:

Body Rows (10 each)
    Squats (10 each) - I assume I don't have to link a picture to this movement...
    Elevated pushups (10 each)
    Stationary Lunge (10 each)
    Step-ups (20 each x2)
    Bridges (20 each x2)
    Hydrants (20 each x2) - I can't find a picture of this, but basically, you get down on hands and knees and lift your leg like a dog peeing on a hydrant. I can't remember if this works the adductors or abductors, but it most certainly works my glutes.

Anyhow, my legs feel sufficiently tired - like they worked. At one point, during the lunges, my quads tried to cramp... so I'm sure I was overworking them even though I only did 10 squats and 10 lunges (each side). I'm sure I'll feel it in the morning. I hope not. If so, I'll simply walk or ride the bike at the gym (hello, reading time!!).

I suppose I should change out of my workout stuff before someone of any importance comes into the office... feeling rather hungry right now - bordering on ravenous, despite sufficient amounts of dietary fat and protein today. Stupid sugar. *sigh*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Nice going, Jenn! You're making me want to start doing more than just walking! The pictures help - thanks for posting!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Read through the Eat More (or MOAR) Fat January Challenge thread. Joined the challenge... let the fun begin!

Starting HFLC today. Breakfast was bacon (yucky bacon at that - from the cafeteria) and hard boiled eggs.

I discovered last night as I was slathering my body in coconut oil that my back has some crazy acne that it's never had before. And my face keeps breaking out. And, the kicker... I've gained 13 lbs. Scale read 197 this morning. No wonder my pants don't fit anymore... *sigh*

So, I'm starting now. BUT... I already committed to eating lunch with a gal from college on Saturday and we've decided to go to Pizza Hut. I am considering asking her if we can go somewhere else to eat - get a burger or something so I can at least pick off the grains, but I don't know where else there is to eat in the town we're going to (it's halfway between her house and mine). I guess we could always do Hardee's if we're doing burgers... but if I do burgers, I'll want to do fries as well.

I just realized that the town we're meeting in is no where near halfway. It's a 20 minute or so drive for me, but about 40 minutes for her. Now I feel bad b/c there is really nothing halfway for either of us, unless we drive further - like 40 minutes from my house is another small city, but it also only has a Hardee's and Pizza Hut... The last time we met for lunch we met at the mall and had Bennigan's, and that would probably be ok, but I don't want to take both of my kids to the mall on the Saturday after Christmas... we'd probably wait for ages for a table, which would mean my kids would be bored, hungry, whiny, and annoying... And just outside of Bennigans is a carousel, so they'd be hounding into spending $20 on that thing, then kick and scream and cry and yell when it is time to go inside and eat. And she'd have to drive like an hour and a half to get to the mall. Dang it... if only we didn't live so far apart (it's like an hour to an hour/half to her house from mine). Maybe it would just be easier to go to Tipton like we'd planned. I hadn't planned on starting my LCHF until the next day anyway. Maybe we can go to Happy Joes and I can at least get gluten free pizza...

I have an appointment with the Princess of Pain today. Dr. Lake will be performing her trigger point therapy stuff again. Ow. I'm hurting already.

Feeling mildly sore after my workout yesterday. I knew I would, which is why I only did one set of 10 of everything (except my butt stuff b/c that doesn't usually result in day-after soreness. Man, my low back is sore today. Musculature is sore. Hoping the Princess of Pain can fix me up. Scary thing is that when she works on my low back (releasing trapped nerves, etc) it is so incredibly painful that I want to cry! But the next day everything is free and flexible and excellent.

Super tired today. Stayed up later than planned. I was glad I had taken a shower last night so I could snooze a bit today. Can't wait until it's time to go to bed tonight. Ready to get some zzzzzz.

UGH! I need to get my brain back on Paleo/Primal. It's all over the place and not happy today.

Dr. Lake fixed me right up. She lived up to the title Princess of Pain, but I already feel better so I'm appreciative. At one point, she was working on a trigger point in my armpit (she was fixing my shoulder which was apparently really tense and had limited range of motion, although I didn't notice it personally) and I commented that this particular thing she was doing should be illegal b/c it was ridiculously uncomfortable. If you've never had ART treatments before, you're missing out. They hurt like a biotch when they're getting done, but they make a world of difference afterwards!

I stopped at the grocery store for lunch b/c for some reason I was convinced I hadn't brought lunch (I did - I brought a pork chop and some frozen veggies, but didn't remember them until halfway through eating my recently acquired lunch). I got a salad, a package of lunch meat, and some sliced cheese (the real stuff, but pre-sliced). I also picked up a container of pico de gallo to use as a dressing (I love pico and sour cream on a salad). I came back to my office, sat down to enjoy my meal and realized the pico I bought was bad... so bad it smelled terribly and the vegetables were losing their color - but the expiration date isn't until Monday... so I get to take that back. I never would have dreamed it would be bad already so I didn't look at it too closely in the store. I noticed the smell immediately after I opened it. It had that bitter acidy smell you'll find in bad tomatoes. No thanks. I ended up going upstairs and getting some ranch dressing from the cafeteria. They sell 2 oz containers, but I barely used half an ounce. I dipped my fork, swirled it around in the salad - just enough to 'wet' the lettuce ever-so-slightly. Midway through my lunch, I remembered the pork chop in the fridge. Guess I'll be eating that for lunch tomorrow...

Reading through Dr. Attia's blog for something to do today... incredibly boring at work when everyone is gone on vacation. 1 hour and 40 minutes before I leave. Leaving at 3 today so I can go to the jail and drop off my application for a concealed carry permit. Fun times.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Read through the Eat More (or MOAR) Fat January Challenge thread. Joined the challenge... let the fun begin!
    Yeah! I'm so glad you've decided to do this!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Frustrated, annoyed, overwhelmed, stressed = sugar binge.

I went to bed with the Paleo Diet Cookbook last night. I was reading through the recipes when the impending doom of the sugar crash struck - coupled with hypoglycemic symptoms. I ate 4 string cheeses and about 5 slices of summer sausage to get the shakes to go away. Then I went back to reading my cookbook. It's a very promising cookbook. Simple recipes without much fuss or flair. I've tagged about half of them as "I wanna try this". It looks ridiculous having so many stickies poking out of the book. I wonder about the effectiveness of earmarking recipes when you're earmarking most all of them! lol

Starting today out with roasted turkey breast slices, pepperjack slices and sour cream. I didn't monitor how much of it I ate, so I won't be tracking it.

I wonder if there is a book out there I can read regarding nutritional ketosis. I'm not sure I understand it 100%. I was talking to a gal on a FB group that everyone seems to turn to for ketosis questions, and she said that I'd need to keep my carbs even keel all day long b/c saving them all for the last meal of the day could knock me out of ketosis, even if I stay below 50 gm of carbs (50 gms being the so-called magic number required for ketosis). She even said that running (or other forms of cardio) or stress situations could knock me out of ketosis. I think I'll just need to read a book instead of trying to piece together little bits of information on it.

I got bills paid for the week. We are sitting well for the week. Since Brady didn't go to Latchkey last week and I didn't have to pay, I didn't give them the check, so I will give it to them this week. So that saved us $50. And Makenna is going to my SIL's daycare starting Wednesday, and she doesn't want paid until the last day of the week, where our current daycare requires payment on the first day. So, no daycare check written today (it can wait til Brad gets paid next Friday), so that saved us $130. NICE!

I am sad about Makenna leaving the daycare to go to SIl's new daycare. She likes the daycare she's at and the daycare seems to like her. Plus, they teach her so much stuff! She is 2 and learning to spell her name. Seriously! She knows her numbers, letters, colors, shapes - all that stuff they teach them in preschool. She already has them nailed. So, they were starting her on how to spell her name. She's got the first 3 letters right now. She writes them nicely too. I'm apprehensive that this learning will cease in a home daycare setting. Especially since for the first few weeks it's only going to be Makenna and my SIL's son, so I imagine it'll be a lot of tv watching, random play, and not so much lesson-based like the daycare she goes to now. With any luck, she'll get into preschool this fall. Registration is in February. I hope I hope I hope!! Don't get me wrong, I think she'll be properly cared for (probably better cared for since she'll be with her aunt and grandma and will receive that love she would get from them outside the daycare), I just worry that it'll be more like having a babysitter and less school-based. Brady used to go to a home daycare before I pulled him and put him where Makenna is now. All that gal did was flop them down in front of a tv all day - PBS, but still. Granted, he was an infant and not learning school stuff anyway, but still. She spent her day doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning her house, etc, and had them watching tv or playing randomly. I was ok with this until he started going to the organized daycare Makenna's at now. SIL's daycare is in her basement, so it'll be separate from the rest of the house - and knowing SIL's housekeeping habits, the housekeeping will wait, so I'm not concerned about that. SIL has gone to school for this, so maybe there's more to it than I can see from my point of view. Maybe she'll do lessons too. We haven't really talked about it. In any event, I'm sad that Makenna's time at the daycare is coming to an end. There were some really great caregivers there that she adores, so I'm sad for them and sad for her b/c outside the daycare she'll likely never see them.

Anyhow... I'm going to end this rambling post and start reading some more of my cookbook. I hope everyone is having a great Friday.

There is nothing more boring than a Friday at work, except a Friday at work when EVERYONE IS ON LEAVE!! OMG I'm DYING here!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    The office has been really dead the past few days, and plenty of people will be out (again) for Monday, since we have Tuesday off. I am also REALLY bored.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).