Page 192 of 593 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 192

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    You can put PDFs on the Kindle, but they can be difficult to read. What version Kindle do you have?
    haha didn't see this first...

I have a Touch 3G.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hooked up to your computer, you can drag PDFs into the docs folder on the Kindle. I don't know how it would look though. I have the one with the full keyboard. You have to do a lot of zooming and scrolling for it to fit right. Kind of awkward.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ok, maybe I'll wait and see if Dr. Lake can send it to me before I spend the money on it and get angry with my kindle...

Well, Dr. Lake sent me the book... and I got it on my kindle. I have to read it in landscape mode, but that's ok.

There's a section at the front where experts talk about sugar. I read a few of the snipets to my MIL and Brad. MIL is always mindful of her cholesterol intake, so I specifically read the part were Dr. Eades talks about our sugar intake and lowering our blood sugar level being more important than monitoring our cholesterol b/c most illnesses people face these days are caused by our excessive sugar intake...

I read to Brad that excessive sugar intake and obesity/belly fat contributes to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (a couple years ago when his company did extensive physicals every year (budget cuts reduced this to an annual blood pressure screen) they determined through bloodwork that Brad has a fatty liver and he needed to see his doctor about it).

I mentioned that sugar intake has been implicated in the cause of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. And that our bodies try to regulate the sugar content of our 6 pints (average) of blood to only 1 teaspoon of sugar, which is only 5 gm of sugar or 5 gm of carbohydrate (in 6 pints of blood... which is almost 1 gallon of blood... 5 mg of sugar spread across 1 gallon of anything is not much sugar). So, our 2 cup a day sugar habits (thru both sugar and carbohydrate consumption) are very dangerous to our body's ability to do it's job and it must work SO much harder to regulate.

He seemed to listen intently... I was shocked. He actually stopped looking at the computer, and looked at me while I read this stuff to him... *knockmeoverwithafeather* And MIL has been reading about inflammation and how sugar contributes. I mentioned to her that when doctors talk about sugar intake, they're not just talking about sucrose intake, HFCS intake, or other forms of "sugar", but they're talking about carbohydrates, which turn into sugar via digestion.

In my reading of the 21 Day Sugar Detox thus far, which is actually very little, I'm excited b/c it's a VLC program. In the opening remarks, the author says that the diet aims for 30 gm of carbs a day! I'm excited! I've always lost weight well doing VLC - at least since starting primal/paleo.

So anyway... time to eat breakfast. I hope everyone has a swell day!
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 12-12-2012 at 06:29 AM.

If anyone wants to read the 21 Day Sugar Detox book, PM me your email and I'll shoot it to you. It's 71 pages long. Consider it a Christmas present!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I started listening to 'The Bitter Truth about Sugar' while my Honey was playing Skyrim. He actually turned off his sound and asked me to turn mine up, so he could listen. Bit by bit, they are learning!

So, earlier this year, Brad and I sold all of the equipment for our business - to include the designs Brad had made. We didn't copyright anything b/c we didn't think of it.

Brad had made this really neat No Bullying Zone sign for a guy who is the manager for a non-profit kids' club. Here's a picture of the signs Brad designed.

No bullying.jpg

The guy brad made them for still has a use for the signs and still needs them to be printed, so he's going to the guy in the picture, who happens to be who Brad sold all the equipment to. This was posted on the manager's facebook page, with no mention of who designed the signs...

Yes, we sold the equipment and let the designs go with it, but it really annoys me how this guy is posing with the signs like he designed them and all that. I just annoys me. Seriously! It's called intellectual property... give Brad some credit...

I couldn't help but comment on the picture with "Brad Tyler did a great job on that design, didn't he?"

lol Sorry... couldn't help myself. It's plagiarism at its best, I think... he may have give the designs with the equipment, but we still have intellectual ownership over the designs, and that needs to be recognized, I think.

Ok, annoyed rant over...

Oy vey! Lots of joy today.

I came to work to find flowers on my desk. Then as the day went on, I got an email from Amazon stating that my colleagues had bought me a gift card. Then I got a $10 coupon from MapMyRun.com. I've had 45 birthday notes on my Facebook wall... ok, 47 now... and a gal in our company who was participating in a gift exchange (called the 12 days of Christmas - you bring in a gift for 12 other participants that pertains to a certain day in the song) who brought in homemade cocoa mix. Since she had an extra one, she gave it to me for my birthday. It is White Mocha flavored. mmmm.

I feel very "showered" today. I'm not sure I want all this attention, but it is still kind of nice. I was actually hoping the office would just say Happy birthday and call it good, but they didn't... Big vase of alstromerias on my desk. Of course, everyone who sees them asks what they're for, so that starts the attention all over again. Oh well. It was nice of them.

One thing I don't like about Amazon gift cards is that you have no choice when you use them, unless you don't redeem them right away. If you go to Amazon and enter the code right away, it uses the balance of the card on your next purchase... so it's possible it could be used on something not fun - like supplements, if you're not careful. I have chosen to leave this gift card in my email inbox until I'm ready to use it. I don't want it to get used on someone else's Christmas present or something, ya know? Someone needs to write a new paleo book so I have something to spend it on...

OH WAIT!! Eat Paleo, Save the World is supposed to be available soon... might consider it for that book. We'll see. I love receiving amazon gift cards. They're perfect for Amazon junkies.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Happy b.day! I love Amazon gift cards, but I know what you mean about the balance thing. I figure I end up saving money no matter when I use it, so it doesn't bug me to use it on something not "fun".
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hippo Birdies, two ewes!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome