Page 191 of 585 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 5843

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 191

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hope so!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

And the conversation continues... here's a transcript:

MIL: Hi! I have a book you might like to read on the subject of marijuana written by a doctor super interesting read. it might change your mind ? you never know!

Me: I'm anti illegal narcotics... by default. Maybe once it's no longer illegal, I'll be less intolerant. It's the legality of it. Not the effects or biological nature. Remember, i worked on the law enforcement degree b/c I wanted to work in narcotics enforcement. Brad forbid it, or that would be my job right now.

MIL: I understand. I was always against it too till I did a ton of research on it and learned prohibition is all about politics and business not good science.

Me: Likely so... I don't discount the therapeutic natures, but it is illegal, therefore I am against it. Anything that can result in an arrest or CPS being called is not something I want anything to do with. My kids are my world and I'll be damned if I do anything to get them taken away... and an arrest would cost me my job, even after it's legalized. I want no part of it. My stance is one that is meant to protect my family, not one of valid therapeutic use or not. It's strictly a legality thing.

MIL: I respect your position on it.

FINALLY! Can we put this to rest then??? My GOD! I don't berage you with suggestions that you should go primal b/c you didn't want to hear it... you were bored with the food choices so you moved on. I respect your wishes to eat crap food, so please request my wishes to NOT HEAR ABOUT YOUR DRUG USE ANYMORE!! I will not condone it! And no amount of telling me how great it is for your pain will change my mind. It is an ILLEGAL NARCOTIC!! So illegal you can't even get it by prescription!! Geesh! Do like every other chronic pain suffer in the world (who's not using diet to control their pain) and pick vicodin as your drug of choice. At least THAT is legal to possess!!

*sigh* Ok, I'm done venting now.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I hope MIL will be a bit more cognizant of your views from here on out. Seems like you laid it out pretty clearly for her.

BTW, thought of you today when I was out. I really wanted a croissant or toast with butter. I haven't had wheat cravings in a long time. I resisted!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

And just for shits, I texted the Chief Deputy for Muscatine County last night and asked him what my responsibility is if I'm in a vehicle with her and we're pulled over, vehicle is searched and her "stash" found (which from what I understand is a liquid form used as a vaporizer). He said that it is probable that I could be arrested along side her but most officers would do their best to determine ownership before arresting everyone in the car. He also said that having my kids along could result in a child endangerment charge if the cop is being a dick.

I talked to this particular person b/c he was the captain of the counterdrug task force prior to campaigning for the Sheriff position. If anyone would know how Muscatine County would handle it, he would know.

Basically, his advice to me was - don't ever ride in the same vehicle as her. *shrug* not sure what I'll do come racing season. Maybe it'll be legal by then...

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I hope MIL will be a bit more cognizant of your views from here on out. Seems like you laid it out pretty clearly for her.

BTW, thought of you today when I was out. I really wanted a croissant or toast with butter. I haven't had wheat cravings in a long time. I resisted!
    Great job! My cravings are off the hook! Thinking about doing a 21 day sugar detox if I can get a hold of a book... don't want to buy another book - especially since it's an e-book. Thinking it's a pdf file. If I can't read it on my kindle or without printing it myself, I don't really care to buy it...

My cravings are OFF THE HOOK! I feel like I have no control over the food choices I am making. My sugar addiction is jacked! Even fruit snacks make my mouth water!! UGH!

Asked Dr. Lake if I could borrow her 21 Day Sugar Detox. She's going to see if it would be possible to email it to me (its .pdf format). I will be here at work all by myself on the 26th, 27th and 28th and will have ample time to read the materials, learn how the process works and hopefully FINALLY break my sugar addiction. THEN, after I feel confident with that, I'll do a Whole30.

I am not feeling confident in my ability to truly perform on a Whole30 at this point. I need to battle this sugar addiction, separate from my cheese cravings, separate from finding recipes that are dairy free, etc.

I was in a much better place mentally when I did all my other Whole30's... and quite honestly, once I beat the sugar, I'm not sure what I would need a Whole30 for... Except to discover food allergies...

Anyhow, that's my plan. If Dr Lake can lend it, I'll read hers. If not, I'll ask on IMPG on facebook. I really don't want to buy it since it's .pdf and not a hold in my hand or read on my kindle book.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, I'm sorry you are having such a struggle with the sugar demon! It is really hard to break that addiction! Seems like I can go 10 days or so and then I need to have something sweet and creamy. I ate chocolate chip cookies from Costco over the weekend -- didn't really even taste good, I think it was more the mental need to have 'goodies', ya know?

You'll get there......... just keep working at it! I find the best way to stay on track is to not have the "bad" stuff around. Course - convincing hubby we don't need to have snacks in the house is not happening.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Tomi, I'm not giving up. No way, no how! I will beat this sugar addiction! I can go about 10 days as well before it kicks my ass. That's why I'm interested in the 21dsd... see if they have a different approach that might work better. I think theirs is a wean off approach as opposed to cold turkey... just have to decide if I want to buy the book or if someone can "lend" it to me.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    You can put PDFs on the Kindle, but they can be difficult to read. What version Kindle do you have?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Found out I can email pdf files to my kindle and read them there... considering buying this book now...