Page 186 of 579 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 5788

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 186

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I didn't get much done. Spent more time looking through pictures I took over the last 6 years. Right now, I am transferring pics to photobucket. I did 2000 last night. Working on 7000 of them now... geesh this is a bigger task than I thought it was. And it's taking a long long time. I've got 5 browser windows uploading right now. Think I'll take a nap while it works.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    9000 pictures!?! Is that right? I am boggling. I think just looking through the 2000 is PLENTY of work for an evening.

Well... photobucket only has a 2 gb limit. I have 9 gb of pictures... I got 2 gb uploaded... but now I'm done b/c I have no other place to put them unless I'm willing to pay $30 a year for more storage. Apple has a 10 gb limit on the icloud for $20 a year... but I'm not really that into paying for online storage. For now, I have the external hard drive stored in the fire box. I plan to put the negatives for our wedding pictures in the same box. And I'll ask my MIL to store the second set of my wedding photos in her house. OR, even better... I could take them to work and keep them in my desk. I know, I'm neurotic...

I didn't look through all 2000 pics... I did a CTRL A and just told it to upload them all. But yes, grand total of pictures I found on my external drive is 9,000... I think I'll find that a lot of them are duplicates, but I don't know how many until I go through them and see what I've got. That's gonna have to happen on another day.

And this 9000 pics is a cumulative total for the last 8 or so years of our lives. I got my first digital camera in 2005 or 2006... I think it was the Christmas of 2005. So all these pictures have been piling up in that time. And about 90% of them are pics of the kids.

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Well... photobucket only has a 2 gb limit. I have 9 gb of pictures... I got 2 gb uploaded... but now I'm done b/c I have no other place to put them unless I'm willing to pay $30 a year for more storage. Apple has a 10 gb limit on the icloud for $20 a year... but I'm not really that into paying for online storage. For now, I have the external hard drive stored in the fire box. I plan to put the negatives for our wedding pictures in the same box. And I'll ask my MIL to store the second set of my wedding photos in her house. OR, even better... I could take them to work and keep them in my desk. I know, I'm neurotic...
    Me either, but the awesome part about that is if you need stuff, it is always available for immediate recovery / download. I don't know what the new prices are, but Amazon lowered their prices on December 1st.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

I'll look into Amazon. Thank you!

HOLY CRAP! 20 GB is only $10 per year!! I'm ON IT! Thanks for the heads up, Primal Papa!!! You're the best!

Days 6, 7, and 8 went well. Typical foods - eggs, bacon, salmon, veggies, pork chops, steak, sweet potato, more veggies, a few almonds, and 12 Honey crisp apples. *recordscratch* 12 apples??? yes... sadly, I ate 12 apples - in the form of homemade applesauce (apples heated in crockpot til saucy, add cinnamon)... I had a headache last night from all the danged sugar. Serves me right. Probably gonna hit a carb flu too.

Today the plan is this:

B: 2 fried eggs, 3 slices bacon
    L: leftover pork chop and veggies
    D: tacos - sans cheese and sour cream... Brad really wants tacos, so I said ok. Brady is being a good sport and said "No cheese, though, Mom." What a champ.

He was absolutely NOT listening last night. He was wound up, to the level of psycho, and not listening. He'd keep doing what we told him not to do, like he didn't hear us, but we know he did. He had eaten gluten both Saturday for lunch and yesterday for lunch. This morning, though, he was angelic. He got dressed before I was even out of the shower! He ate his breakfast without a fuss. When I told him he needed to hurry up, he didn't say "But I'm supposed to eat slowly or I'll get sick"... nope, he scooped up his eggs, shoveled them in and guzzled his juice. Got his shoes on with one request. It was amazing! We were still late getting out the door, but I was still on time to work - in fact, I was the first one here - everyone else was late! lol I'm hoping for another good week like we had with him last week. If we do, I am going to officially announce that no dairy/no gluten produces a very well behaved young man. If not, we'll give it another week and wait for the gluten to weed itself out of his body again.

His lunches are a little less paleo now that we're doing gluten free. Today he's got 2 hotdogs and a banana. Other days he's had apples with peanut butter. I also got him some grapes. We'll toss those in there somewhere too. For his snacks he's got a mix of strawberries and oranges. For his snack at the Latchkey program, he's got some kettlecorn - non-GMO, gluten free, preservative free, the whole 9 yards - only non-paleo aspect is that it's, well, popcorn... but some factions of Paleo say popcorn is ok b/c popcorn is always non-gmo. whatev... He's not a 100% paleo eater - more like 50/50, which is better than not at all. That's a whole lot of carbs though, not much on the protein scale... and the fat scale is pretty much non-existent. We're working on it.

Makenna ate an entire 4oz container of blueberries while we were grocery shopping yesterday. Then she ate another entire 4oz container after dinner. Then this morning she ate 1/2 a 4oz container. She's gonna poop blueberries today! hahaha That kid LOVES her blueberries, strawberries, grapes and bananas. She's such a good little eater. She loves eggs and bacon, loves fruit, and will eat the living hell out of peas (why do they have to be a legume?? I LOVE PEAS!!!). She's not a big veggie fan, but we're working on it. She does ok eating meat too - she's really good at eating pork chop, but last night she wanted nothing to do with dinner at all, so blueberries it was.

Did I tell you all that my SIL is opening a daycare and my MIL is going to work for her? Brad and I have decided to move Makenna to SIL's daycare to help her out, but I'm a little conflicted by the whole marijuana vaporizer thing MIL uses... I would like to trust that she won't use it while caring for the kids - but how do you ask that question to know for sure without implying that you don't trust them not to? *sigh* SIL takes childcare very seriously, so I would assume that I can trust she won't let MIL do it, but she's also very supportive of MIL's marijuana use. In fact, she's the one who connected her to the dealer to supply it. But, on another note, marijuana is nearly legal - I guess Iowa has a bill in place to make it legal now after Colorado paved the road. If it becomes legal, do I even have an argument against it anymore? I guess it would be like not wanting to leave my kids with someone who's drunk... but I've never seen her use it and have never been able to tell if she's used it, so how would I even know at this point? I hope they do make it legal and it becomes expensive as hell!! Like double or triple the price that people pay now. Anyhow, that's my one major hangup. The other is that she won't have "preschool" anymore, so I'm hoping to get her into the 3 year old preschool program at the elementary school. Only problem is that it fills up SUPER FAST! I have a reminder set on my phone for 7:00 the morning of registration so I can call right away and hopefully get her in. If she can get into the preschool, no issues.

The second in command at the current daycare noticed a sign my SIL has posted at the grocery store announcing openings to her new daycare. This lady asked me about it today - asked me if it was SIL doing it. I assume she expects us to pull Makenna. A girl who used to work at the daycare (and who used to babysit for me on the side) says that they treat children differently depending on whether or not there will be younger siblings or whether or not the child is fulltime, etc. She said they're nicer to those who are worth more money... I hope they don't use the possibility that I'll be pulling Makenna as a reason to treat her poorly. Of course, my friend no longer works there, so she can't keep an eye out for me. My son doesn't like going to the daycare b/c he doesn't like the lady who asked about the daycare. She is kind of bitchy... so I don't blame him. lol

Anyhow, I should start working on my paper/powerpoint presentation. Still haven't done anything with it... I hope you all have a great day.

Last week I verbally RSVP'd to the Christmas Party for my last job. Today I bailed... The more I thought about it, the more I felt it was a bad idea to go. Here is my list of reasons (excuses).

1. It costs $20 and Brad and I can find a much better use of $20, especially since I will be attending the party I'm planning and it too costs $20.

2. I would have to take 4 hours of vacation to attend. I really don't like burning leave.

3. I have class that night and my final paper/presentation to complete. That would take 4 hours away from me that could be used for that purpose.

4. I don't know who I'd sit with... last year it was fine b/c my friend still worked there so I sat with her and her wife and a couple other people (can't remember now). She's since been fired so she won't be at the party to accept me as a table sharer. And I'd feel awkward since this same group of people asked me to be a note taker for a big Island-wide celebration and I used school as an excuse to bail midway through the planning. My boss, Bobbie, told them I could help out if I had a bigger role than just note keeper. Since I was never given any tasks, I used school as a reason to bail. Someone else was also taking notes and stealing my thunder anyway, so I bailed. I'd feel awkward walking into the party and sitting with the people who asked me to help with the celebration, knowing I bailed and thinking that they also knew I bailed. Even though I usually did have school work to complete... Confused yet?

Anyway, I decided not to go. I can't help but wonder if that was a foolish idea b/c eventually I'd like to work there again. But, going to the party isn't going to land me any jobs b/c those jobs are all out of my reach because of rank, so.... and last year, even with sitting with Jolene and her wife, I felt awkward. It felt like a high school reunion...

It's better this way for my Whole30 anyway.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 12-03-2012 at 09:52 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    All good reasons, I think. My office's holiday party wouldn't cost me anything, but Boyfriend isn't going to be able to take time off work for it (he doesn't get PTO to use anyway, since he's temp). I don't know who I'd sit with. I like the customer service team and chat with them sometimes, but I sit by myself (I'm surrounded by empty cubicles), mostly for the view (lots of sunlight), and don't talk to people for most of the day unless I need to actually fix something. It's probably my own fault that I don't have any office "friends".

The party isn't till January, but I need to RSVP by the 14th of Dec. I'm thinking I won't bother if it gives me any anxiety.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).