Page 184 of 590 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 184

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I hate it when I forget to take meat out for dinner! and nuking it always ruins it! Those are the nights I convince hubby its a good night to go to the steak house! Luckily for the budget - those nights are few and far between
    I don't know if it is still made, but they used to sell this thing on TV where you put meat on it, and it defrosted much faster than normal. It seemed to work. It was like a block.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I've seen that, PP. I was always amazed by it, but never bought one. Since we won't need leftovers for lunch tomorrow, I will probably just toss some chicken breasts into the oven and do mashed potatoes (for the fam) and green beans.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

As I get closer and closer to having my first annual review at this job, I feel less and less confident about my ability to DO my job. It's been a year and 3 months. I don't feel like I'm any better at my job than I was when I started. I don't feel like a part of the team - like I've been accepted into the social circle at ALL. For instance, everyone in my office participates in a fantasy football league. I was not invited to join. I didn't even hear anything about it until right before the draft. Everyone in my office went to a bowling fundraiser. I was in the room when they decided to do it. Everyone was included on the team except me. I wasn't even asked if I wanted to play. They all go to lunch, without inviting me. Chances are, because of money restrictions, childcare restrictions, etc, I wouldn't be able to do most of that stuff anyway, but in order to feel like a part of the team, it would be nice to have been asked... I don't feel like I belong... and that's fine. I've felt like that most of my life. I bounced from one friend circle to another frequently because after a while I would just feel like an outsider who was trying too hard to fit in.

By not feeling like a part of the team, I feel like I'm just kind of missed when information is shared or put out. I see the commander and deputy going to the xo (the super hot guy, remember him?) to do things that should technically be my job. And I find myself being less and less busy. Today was a different story b/c I had some routine stuff to take care of (birthday cards, etc), but because I'm passed over a lot of the time, I feel like I'm not trusted. And quite honestly, I don't feel trustworthy as a result. And I don't think it's just a case of not being here long enough for them to get to know me, etc... two new XO's have come on board and they were "in the circle" immediately. I feel like I'm still trying to prove myself... and it makes me very distant from them - both professionally and socially. Like I don't share much with my bosses b/c I don't feel like I'm welcome to tell them about Brady doing awesome at school, or about Makenna doing something super cute. I could at my last job. They ASKED about my kids, Brad, me, what I did over the weekend, etc. These guys don't. So I don't know if it's just that they don't like me or what. I don't think it's b/c they're not like that b/c the ask others. Just not me.

I feel intimidated by my boss and deputy. For instance, with this Christmas party... I don't feel confident telling them that the committee doesn't want to do something, and as such, the committee ends up doing that exact thing b/c I can't find myself telling the Colonel that his idea is not accepted. I feel like I'm always trying to fix things I've screwed up, and I feel like the bosses take note of this. I feel like I mess up more than I get right.

I feel uncomfortable here... and I don't know what to do about it. I'm dreading my review. I can pretty much guarantee I'm not going to get a performance award. I'm in charge of trafficing the appraisals and performance awards. I see who gets them and who doesn't. I know the work ethic of these people, the skill set they have and how the boss feels about them. I think I fit in the same category as those who aren't getting performance awards.

There is one guy in our organization who seems pretty clueless and distracted and unable to do his job the way they see fit. They are always asking him to clarify something or redo something. I hear how they talk about him. And then I see how they address me. They address me in the same tone they address him. This guy used to be a Lieutenant Colonel in the army... He didn't get there by being worthless... but they act as if he is. I feel like this guy around them. I would HATE to hear what they say about me when I'm not around... it would probably crush me.

when I submitted this guy's appraisal to the deputy for award approval, she said "there is no way he's getting an award. He can barely do his job." I don't think the guy is clueless or a dipshit or unable to do his job. I think he's got a job that's not right for his skillset. I feel the same way about myself. I feel like this job is not a good fit for my skillset. I need to be analyzing data somewhere... or counting beans and bullets like I did in the Army - not sitting behind a desk trying to guess what I need to do to keep the boss on task, on schedule and in the right place at the right time. I get too distracted for that.

Try as I might, I am NOT a good administrative assistant. I wish I was still at my last job. I miss the people. I miss the atmosphere and I miss the energy. I heard a rumor that a couple of slots might be opening up over there... I'm going to email the supervisor to see if the rumor is true. I think I'd like to put in for one of them - if I'm eligible. As a GS-08 (that's my 'rank') I'm only eligible for GS-09 jobs. If they're GS-11 jobs, like is the trend around here, I'll be stuck where I'm at... I hope they're GS-09 jobs... I want to move on. I'm not the right person for this job...
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-30-2012 at 12:09 PM.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Jenn - I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy about your job and all things tied to it. By all means - MOVE ON! You seem to me to be a VERY responsible, well organized and capable person. Attention to detail is your strong suit if that budget is any indication of your skills! Life is too short to be stuck in a place where you are not content - so go for it! Maybe you could even find a job closer to home so your commute is shorter? Or closer to where Brad works and maybe you could car pool? There are always options. I have faith in you........ Here's to job hunting! Go get 'em, girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Nope... they're GS 12 and GS 13 jobs... not even in the ballpark on this one... *sigh*

I can apply as an "outside applicant" and use my veteran's status to qualify for a 12 position, but I'll be competing against hundreds of people - if they even get to a place where they have to fill it publicly... most jobs are filled in house.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    That sucks, Jenn. It's so hard to thrive and do well at a job if you feel like an outsider all the time. Do look for something else. I learned the hard way that stagnation leads to burn-out which leads to iffy performance. In an environment like that I wouldn't risk it. Not that I'm saying you'll do your job badly, but you might be perceived to be doing it badly and any excuse to cut you is one they'll take if they haven't warmed to you.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Getting fired from a government position is REALLY REALLY hard. I've seen it happen only one time and that person just flat out stopped coming to work...

Even without Primal, I was happier at my other job. But I left b/c it was temporary and this is permanent. I did a lot of mulling over whether or not to come to this job. I talked to my supervisor, deputy and director at the last job - all three - telling them I didn't want to go, and them telling me I was a fool if I didn't b/c of the permanence factor. I asked to be invited back if the secretary ever left, that's who got fired, but they said they didn't want to see me come back in that capacity b/c a secretary position on the island is pretty dead-end (wouldn't you know it, that's the position I took to get this job - and they're absolutely right). But now they're opening those two positions, so I want to go back. I hear from numerous sources that people are jumping ship b/c the happiness factor went to hell about 3 months after I left when they reorganized the duties. But I'm hearing this from the girl who got fired and a guy who left. Not people who are still there and might actually enjoy their jobs, ya know? I just know I miss the bosses and the people I worked with. When I see them around, I get sad b/c I'm not still working with them.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What a rough situation. You need chemistry with a job just like you do with people, and it sure is a tough slog without it. Hope something better comes along SOON.

About Power Layouts, it is more a method than a product (though they tried to make products for it).

You grab a stack of pictures, enough for 4-6 pages, and sort them out into which pictures go together. Then decide which paper you want to go with each page, any memorabilia, decorations, info that you need to journal about them, etc. Then you stack them by pages, with a piece of cardboard or the like between them, and when you have 15 minutes, grab the top page and start your cropping, putting the group back into the stack when you're done.

When all the cropping is done, you do any mounting. Then prep your memorabilia. And so on, until you start sticking stuff down. It keeps it easy to work on it, without pulling out everything and thinking, 'hmmm, where was I?'

I can get all the stuff together for 24 pages in about two hours. Then I am set for weeks of occasional work.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm so sorry Jenn. The job situation must really wear on you on a daily basis. I hope you get a chance to move on.

Thanks, Paula.

Sabine, I will have to see what I can come up with. Right now I just have my pics (partially) sorted out. Papers are by theme, color, etc, and then I have scraps and mounting paper and all that stuff just tossed about in a few organizer drawers. I don't know that I'm organized enough to do Power Layout stuff. lol I'll have to take a picture of my horribly organized scrapbooking mess some day. I can't leave any of it out b/c my kids get into it, so it's all crammed into a small area on a desk that is (hopefully) out of their reach. I could probably trust Brady around it, but not Makenna yet.

I'd like to get a smaller profile tv for our bedroom (or find a different home for the tv all together) so that I can have the desk that it sits on to scrap... I'll take a pic and let you see what I'm working with... it ain't much. I have dreams. Blossoming dreams of what it COULD be... but without money and time, it will never be what I want it to be.

Ideally, I could build a room off of our bedroom to store all my stuff... or build a room that's half toyroom/tv room and half scrapbooking area for me and the kids. Then they could be watching tv and playing, and I could be scrapping. I might dig some pics out tonight and start cropping... see if I can get the creative (desire) juices flowing again. Maybe it'll keep me off facebook - and be that productive hobby I said I wanted on your journal. I used to sit in front of the tv with my corner rounder/scalloper and do pictures while watching tv when Brady was littler.

I'm so looking forward to the days when I'm done with school so I can do that kind of stuff again and not think about school or spend all night procrastinating on facebook. Yep... that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to get out my picture sorter box (CM) and my 250 some pictures that were developed at Walgreens forever ago (I'm talking like 2 years ago) and sort through them. That's my project for tonight... and while that's going, I'll be transferring pictures to Photobucket from my external harddrive for safe(r) keeping.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated topic - Mr. Brady got Yellow today. That's 3 yellows and 2 greens in one week... NEVER has that happened before! NEVER! No blues and no reds. I am a proud mama right now and I can't help but wonder if it's b/c of the milk exclusion... we'll have to see how next week goes.