Page 180 of 593 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 180

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Drink the bouillon peeps!
    Not to be the Grammar Police, but for a minute there, I was hoping that Peeps had a new product: Bouillon Peeps, in Beef, Pork, Chicken, and Lamb! Then I realized the comma was missing, and had my hopes dashed!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sorry. I have often posted in various threads that before people suffer silently with "carb flu" they should try drinking a cup or two of bouillon. Most of the exhaustion is electrolyte related. It does not help, however, with cravings and crankiness.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Paula, define bouillon. The only image I get when I think of bouillon is the Wyler's brand, either powder or cubed. Is that what you use?

Right now, I'm taking 500 mg of maca to build up. My period is already pretty light... and by light, I mean, nearly non-existent. My last shark week, which happened the week of Thanskgiving, amounted to 1 hour of spotting... I'm on the lookout in case that was just ovulation spotting or something, but it came with the crazy cramps and all, so who knows. Last month's was just as weird. Spotting for a day, then nothing for like 2 days, then spotting again, then nothing. Maybe the maca will help get things flowing, if you will.

As far as electrolyte imbalance, I should be good. My labs showed adequate sodium and potassium. I take 500 mg of magnesium daily and we all know there's plenty of sodium in bacon!

I added a zinc and iodine to my pile o' pills today. Now my pile o' pills looks like this:

Vitamin C: 1000 mg
    B12: 500 mg (I think... I'll have to double check the dosage. either way, I take two tablets)
    D3: 15,000 mg
    Zinc: 30 mg
    Cod Liver Oil: 3 capsules
    Maca: 500 mg
    Selenium: 400 mg
    Probiotic: Jarro-dophilus
    Stress-B complex plus Iron (has a full spectrum of b-vitamins)

ALL of this stuff I take for mood stabilization/elevation, but I've noticed that I don't feel any worse without them - like say on the weekends when I forget to take them. However, when I forget, I notice the next morning b/c I wake up with stiffness in my ankles/feet. And I'm probably a bit more pissy, but that could also be from constant exposure to my kids.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I should get a good B-complex, but I don't want to add any more pills to my pile right now. Too many as it is! BTW, how many months have you been off the BC shot now?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I use herb ox cubes. I also take mag and eat bacon, but I still get the exhaustion when 1st getting clean. Not sure why it works, but I notice a difference within 1/2 an hour.

Really... I'll see if I can find those. Thanks, Paula!

Yeeeesh, not sure I like the ingredients. For starters, there's sugar. Secondly, there might not be any MSG, but there's MAG... which is a hidden source of MSG. Third, there's maltodextrin, which is a corn derivative. TBHQ is a preservative that we also don't want. Natural flavoring always leaves me wondering... if it's so natural, tell me what it is...

HERB OX, GRANULATED BOUILLON CHICKEN FLAVOR VERY LOW SODIUM
    INGREDIENTS: Sweetener (Sugar and/or Dextrose), Potassium Chloride, Onion Powder, Maltodextrin, Monoammonium Glutamate, Gelatin, Chicken Fat (Contains Propylene Glycol, TBHQ and Citric Acid), Turmeric Extract, Natural Flavoring, Parsley, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate.

Ingredients source

Maybe I'll shoot for homemade bone broth or something. I'm sure it'll do the same thing.

Please don't take offense. I did a search for Herb Ox and learned by reading reviews at Amazon that it is a Hormel product. Hormel is one of the companies that worked so hard and spent so much money squashing Prop 37, so I had to look at the ingredients. Not only that, but Primal/Paleo has taught me to ALWAYS check ingredients, so it's just something I do now. I hope you're not offended.

Not offended. I never even thought to look. For anyone who might want to use them, use the regular, not low sodium. Maybe I felt better due to all the bad stuff in them. lol I honestly think it is the salt content.

It has 1100mg of sodium. I think I'll just add salt to hot water from now on as the ingredient list is technically not W30 nor Primal. I wonder if a healthier version exists without my having to make bone broth and figure out how to measure sodium levels.

PS I currently have McCormick which has MSG on the label plain as day. Waaaah! No wonder my bad ankle swells up when I use them.

I'll let you know if drinking an equivalent amount of salted water works as well.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-28-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I want to express my excitement over Brad's progress... The other night we were talking about blood sugar and how blood sugar has such a HUGE effect on everything from weight gain, weight loss, cell growth, etc, and how insulin overproduction because of glucose overconsumption screws up all the other hormones in the body - i.e. cortisol (which interferes with estrogen and testosterone production). I told him that high blood sugar doesn't just come from eating sugary foods, but also from eating carbohydrates. I explained to him that carbohydrates, no matter how "complex" they are, break down into sugar. That's why they're generally sweeter and why we crave them so much. He asked about vegetables. I told him that they also get broken down into sugar, but because they contain so many necessary vitamins and nutrients, they're worth consuming. So then he asked about milk... I told him milk is nearly 100% sugar in the form of lactose... He seemed to roll this around in his head.

So while he was rolling, I explained to him how a ketogenic diet helps kill cancer. I told him that the only cells in our body that absolutely NEED glucose to function are our red blood cells. So, we can completely eliminate carbohydrates from our body if we want to (provided we have a healthy choice of meat - non-CAFO - and healthy fats we will survive just fine without any carbs in our body) becuase the amount of glucose that is needed by our red blood cells is so miniscule that our bodies are able to produce that on their own. I told him that while our bodies can run on fat, glucose is easier to use b/c it's roaming free in our bodies b/c of our diets. So, the cells snatch that up first. So do cancer cells. But, cancer cells ONLY live on glucose, they cannot survive on ketones. So I told him, if we find out we have cancer, we stop eating carbs - thus stop bringing glucose into our bodies. This starves the cancer cells, halting their growth and eventually causing their cell death.

So the other night, I was talking about how the school (i.e. Brady's teacher) was too lazy to go back to the classroom and get Brady's juice on Monday so he had milk... this pissed Brad off b/c it's like she's too lazy to help. Anyhow, the conversation continued and I told him that most people have been drinking milk their entire lives (same with grains) and have no idea that they cause them problems b/c they've never experienced anything differently. So, if they have a problem with dairy but don't know it, they might think that feeling that we would describe as bloat, or the skin breakouts, etc, are normal. He said he could see the logic in that. Then we got on the topic of what has dairy - cheese, sour cream, etc. I think this is the first time he actually THOUGHT about it b/c he was like "crap... all that is dairy". I think he realized just how big of a footprint dairy has in our daily lives. Anyhow, a few seconds later he says "Man, cereal is going to taste like shit with water on it." lol

I think he's getting closer to making some radical changes in his diet. Not sure how close, but closer still. And when I posted on Facebook that I was reading the Paleo Solution and it was full of information that could answer so many questions for so many people, he "liked" it. He was the only one... lol I think he's coming around.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hooray for progress! Sounds good
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.