Page 178 of 557 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 5569

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 178

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The more vindictive part of me says, "Well, that's what you get!" (to hubby) Sounds like he has a hard time being patient when it comes to stuff like that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Even though Geek and I have 3 checking accounts between us (his, mine, bill pay), there's still an implicit line at $100, not matter which account it comes out of. If whatever it is costs more than $100 and it's not necessary (groceries, medical, etc), we don't buy it until we consult with the other. (Gifts are obviously in a different category.) I think that's what's kept money troubles to a minimum between us. That and a shared belief that very little debt is necessary or warranted, and any debt is to be paid off ASAP. I think in y'all's case, it's a matter of actually getting on the same page. Y'all are in the same book right now, mostly, but he needs to be gotten up to date. Walk him through the spreadsheet. Get his input. Maybe actually seeing and understanding what's earmarked for what will wake him up. If that doesn't, maybe an agreement on what constitutes a viable loan (hint: none unnecessary to survival) and how much disposable income each of ya'll gets per month would work. (Make sure it's a true agreement, not a "yes, mother" agreement.)
    I know, I'm young. Take what I said at face value and what'll work for y'all's situation.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Just playing here... my personal debts (as in credit cards, etc in my name) for the month of December alone totals up to be half of what is in his name - actually owned by him, used by him, etc - trailer, truck, that sort of stuff.

Our joint bills are enormous - daycare, groceries, fuel, mortgage, etc.

If we each paid off our bills with what we make ourselves, I would end up floating the most of the joint bills b/c as it stands, with my VA benefits, I make more than he does each month. A LOT of our expenses are racing related - truck, trailer, Bud, race car loan, Turn 3 Graphics loan (remember the business he sold? Yeah, we're still paying for its loan), credit cards (2) that got racked up to pay off other higher interest rate cards that got racked up because of Turn 3 Graphics...

So when he gives me grief for buying new Christmas lights or buying kindle books I just want to remind him that if it wasn't for his racing habit, we wouldn't have a combined total of $1050 going out each month to pay for stuff related to racing... not to mention the two aforemention debts... but I don't. I carry the burden of those loans just like he does, except I think I carry the burden more than him b/c I make sure they're paid each month and I am the one who deals with the stress of how we're going to make ends meet each week b/c one or both of us spent too much "fun money" the weekend prior and our checkbook is technically overdrawn, although not known by the bank b/c there are still checks outstanding.

Our Christmas club took a hit recently. I haven't found the source of the problem, but according to my spreadsheet, we should have $200 more than we do... Maybe I've done the math wrong or something and what we've spent so far on Christmas adds up to that $200, idk... I'd have to recheck my work... but the fact of the matter is that whatever we PLAN to save for always gets hijacked for one reason or another. This is why the Bud bill keeps getting pushed aside. B/c it's not a priority.

Anyhow... 1st world problems...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm hungry... as in stomach is growling hungry. No food in sight. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The more vindictive part of me says, "Well, that's what you get!" (to hubby) Sounds like he has a hard time being patient when it comes to stuff like that.
    patience is not one of his better virtues...

Brad just told me that his dad has paid off his half of the Bud bill... the statement that arrived this week says $1200 is still owed... if our half is 1200 when this whole time I was told 750, Imma blow a gasket!!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That sucks.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Some feed stores sell do-it-yourself rabies vaccinations. Around $5, and it is really not hard to give, as it is intramuscular. It comes with a tag, too.

Good luck with the money. How frustrating.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Maybe it would be easier for Brad if you simplify the spread sheet - just for his benefit. Make out a simple "this is our total income" ........ and "this is our total expenditure" .......... maybe that will help him see that one isn't matching the other.

Good luck, Jenn - I know this is a huge thorn in your side and you keep trying to get things right. Maybe telling him sincerely that you really need his help to get the finances in order.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

PrimalCon New York
    I think every once in a while we just have to vent how badly our situation sucks to get it out of our system. We vent and blame each other then agree that it's not just one person's fault, agree to stop spending and then things get better for a while. I told him no more race car debts. I'm sure that'll last til next winter... :S

We know what needs to be done, and we typically follow our plan, but occasionally, things don't go according to plan and then we both get irritated by it. Then we vent, then we get over it.

Right now, my head hurts, and we're out of ibuprofen so it's time for bed.