Page 177 of 584 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 5837

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 177

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I only thought to do that so that he can see what I'm dealing with her and realize that I'm not pissing money away or paying on stupid shit, but rather paying on things that are much more important than a race car. I'm doing my best to fit his wishes and activities into the budget, but sometimes those extra-curriculars have to take a back seat to the more pressing financial issues.

Currently, his debt with Bud is slated to be paid off in two payments during the month of December thanks to suspending the debt snowball I had in place (a debt payoff method taught by Dave Ramsey) and the overtime he earned last week. If the overtime amounts to what I think it will amount to (I calculated his wage times the hours he worked, then subtracted $180 for taxes), then there should be no problem paying him off by the end of December - but I won't tell him that.

This issue is only compounded by the fact that our dogs are both due for rabies vaccines. If it was a matter of just taking them in and getting them a shot, I would have no problem with it b/c the shots are only about $15 each... BUT, it's the $60 examination that comes with that damned shot that is making it impossible to do. We argued a little about it this morning. Our chocolate lab managed to hurt himself while playing fetch yesterday. We think it's muscular, but Brad was going to take him in to be looked at anyway and get him his shot... today, when I let the dog out, he was running around - indicating to me that it is indeed muscular and he's fine - but more importantly, that the dr would look at him, say it's muscular, tell us to let him rest, and then stick a $60 bill in our face for doing nothing... So I told Brad I didn't think he needed to go to the vet. He disagreed b/c he still needs his vaccine. I told him that we don't have the money to get the shots and they've gone without them before and turned out fine, so that's not a high priority for me. He shot back with it being unnecessary to go to the chiropractor this week for "nothing". I fired right back with "I have insurace. It's $3 to see the chiropractor versus $150 for the dogs to get their shots". He didn't seem to like that answer.

Normally I wouldn't get so snippy with him about it, but I was already 20 minutes late leaving the house and still had to drop the kids off at the daycare/school. I didn't have time to talk about the dogs and their stupid shots at that time. But if he wants me to put any money toward Bud in 2 weeks, the dogs shots are going to have to wait. With the season moving into winter, they're very rarely outside and any animals that would be of a great threat to them are also not out and about as much. If one of them were to get bitten by something and contracted rabies, we'd worry about getting them treated but right now there are more important thing to worry about, I think - like keeping our house, keeping our utilities turned on, and keeping our credit cards in check/payment status so that we don't end up losing our asses over something stupid we bought 5 years ago...

I have yet to hear back from him regarding the $25 in his pocket... it's been 45 minutes... either he got pulled away at work or he sees my point and is giving in. Either way, the silence is nice.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I know in the larger cities in TX, there are ASPCA/ Humane Society clinics that will do shots and such at reduced rates and not charge an exam fee if you don't ask for an exam. You might see if there's a shot clinic (I think that's what they're called) within driving distanceof y'all.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I googled it and found that the humane society in the county next to us offers rabies clinics with $7.50 shots, but it's only available to people in that county... so I called our humane society, but they don't offer any such services. She said they don't even give shelter animals rabies vaccines because they have no way to print the certificates or punch the tags required by the county... so... it's looking like no vaccines for my mutts anytime soon.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    UGH Husbands and money...I know that I would be better off financially without him.

Called the vet - $89 to get them caught up on their shots... really? They only have a 10 year lifespan and one is already 9... should we even bother? lol ok, I'm kidding... seriously, just kidding... ok, maybe not. That's a lot of freaking money. That's more than it costs to put diesel fuel in Brad's truck!! Why the hell does it have to cost so much?!?!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Money is always a source of marital strife! have you showed the actual numbers so he knows where the money is going? let him manipulate things a bit to see if he can find a better combination........ but just on paper!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    UGH Husbands and money...I know that I would be better off financially without him.
    I can't really say the same b/c he makes a great deal of money... but I would be much better off without that damned race car!! UGH! Seriously! He and his dad owe Bud $1500 for shit they bought at the end of the season to keep the car on the track, even though he wasn't placing in the points standing! And THEN they went and BORROWED $5,000 on a short term loan from the bank to cut apart and rebuild the car this winter... so after we pay our $750 of the Bud bill, we get to find $1750 to pay back the bank (they're expecting 1500 or something in sponsorship money come this spring to pay off the rest). I've already told Brad we are not paying a dime more than $1750 for that loan. Racing is a hobby... it isn't NECESSARY! Running is a hobby to me and I don't spend that kind of money! I don't spend that kind of money on scrapbooking or reading either.

This race car has been a thorn in my side for more than just financial reasons. If I didn't love him so much, I wouldn't even go to the damn races to watch... but he's my husband and for some unbelievable reason, I love him and find it necessary to support him at the races.

Not to change the subject or anything, but I'm seriously craving some cornbread after seeing this recipe on someone's journal - Tomi's I think... Paleo Cornbread Muffins (Cornless Cornbread!) - Empowered Sustenance

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Money is always a source of marital strife! have you showed the actual numbers so he knows where the money is going? let him manipulate things a bit to see if he can find a better combination........ but just on paper!
    I have sent it to him, but not recently. I think he's overwhelmed by my spreadsheet b/c it literally goes out through 2015, what bills get paid with what paycheck, etc. I've spent a LOT of damn time on this spreadsheet/debt payoff plan and it would work just fine if we would stop spending money on stupid shit, stop buying in on loans for things that don't make our life better, etc.

Hot Co-worker and I were just talking about what we'd do if we won the powerball this week. It's up to 400 million or something. Ugh, that would probably create so many more problems for two people who have problematic spending habits.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I wonder if hubby might feel calmer about the finances if you make him feel included in those decisions. Maybe he's not making the best choices, but maybe there's something that he can help weigh. "Hubs, we've got these bills to pay, we can't afford to pay them all. I think we should pay this one first because xyz. What do you think?" I think Boyfriend would be pretty pissed if I didn't include him in the decision making for a joint-finance. I guess some married couples have separate accounts because they can't make a joint one work, and that's fine for them. I have no idea what I'd want to do at this point, but nothing something I have to worry about yet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nameless, I cant help but wonder how having separate checking accounts would screw things up even worse for us... might have to play with it and see. I'm sure shit would end up getting repo'ed...