Page 174 of 554 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 5532

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 174

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm different, I guess. As soon as it comes out of the dryer, it goes on the futon to wait for me to start the next load. After I start the next load, I go to the futon and start folding. I try to dig out the button ups first, so I don't hafta iron them. beyond that, it's grab, hang or fold, put in sorted piles/ racks (his shirts, my slacks, and my shirts on the racks; his jeans, my jeans, my sweaters, my camis, his underwear, my underwear, sheets, bath towels, hand towels, kitchen towels, and washrags in the piles.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Naiad, that's how I USED to do laundry... before kids. Everything changes once kids come along - including how you do laundry... lol

PS don't say anything on facebook yet about Brad getting the promotion to B Level Mechanic. We have like 4 facebook friends who put in for the same position and it hasn't been announced yet at the plant that Brad was offered the job... so... ssssshhh!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I didn't realize he had. Congratulations to him! (And unless indicated otherwise, things don't cross from here to there unless you bring it up there first.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Naiad, that's how I USED to do laundry... before kids. Everything changes once kids come along - including how you do laundry... lol

PS don't say anything on facebook yet about Brad getting the promotion to B Level Mechanic. We have like 4 facebook friends who put in for the same position and it hasn't been announced yet at the plant that Brad was offered the job... so... ssssshhh!
    Oh, I know. Just remembering from growing up tells me all my nicely made plans and routines will fall to shit when podlings arrive. I'm ok with that.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations to Brad. That will be wonderful to be working the same shifts so that you get some more time together.

One thing I changed about our clothes that really helped me is hanging almost everything. Panties, bras, and socks go into their own bins- no need to fold. All shirts, skirts, pants: hanging up. Yes, even t-shirts. It is much quicker for me to put something on a hanger than it is to fold it. Pajamas, and exercise clothes still get folded, but that's about it. Also, it is easier to see what you have when it is hanging(color-coded!) rather than stacked in a drawer.

Hope Makenna is feeling better.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to do that, Sabine, but we already had one rod fall in our closet b/c of the clothes we hung, so our hang space is reduced by 50% now til we get it rehung. The sheer number of tshirts in this house is staggering - so staggering they don't all fit in the dressers... I should go back to hanging the kids' stuff though - was definitely faster.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    when my kids were younger and I still did ALL the laundry I would set out each childs clothes basket and as the clothes came out of the dryer they were sorted into the appropriate basket -- then get folded to be put away. Now that the kids are grown and gone or doing their own I only have to deal with hubby's and mine. I put up a hanging rack in the laundry room. When I take the basket of clothes from the bedroom to the laundry room, I gather up all the empty hangers from the closet and take them with. Everything gets hung up as it comes out of the dryer - with the exception of his work T's, our socks and under things - they all get put in dresser drawers. It sure makes it go faster - and no wrinkles. The towels are a different story. I hate folding towels!

First on the "honey do" list........... Fix that closet rod!

Purging is an absolute necessity when kids are growing! If they have so many toys that the house is cluttered with them - then they have too many toys! Same goes for the clothes. Keep a box in the laundry room or garage if its close to the laundry. If an item is damaged it goes in the trash, or too small it goes in the box. When the box is full it goes in a bag to be taken to charity. Put the bag in the car and stop at the charity drop site on the way to work or home.

It takes 2 minutes to sort mail and a daily basis. Junk mail goes in the recycle bin (if your area has that) or, keep the shredder in a handy place --- shred it as soon as it comes into the house. You can also notify the post office that you don't want ANY 3rd class mail. Nothing that isn't specifically addressed to you. No more "current occupant" junk mail will come to you.

I don't mean to sound flippant about it all......... its just dang hard when you're raising a family. But there are small things you can do on a daily basis that helps keep your world a little more managable and tidy. You just have to get serious about it and be dedicated to it - then it will become just a normal part of life.

I HATE filing! I would let the paperwork for the boatshop pile up until I had 6 months worth of bill stubs, deposit slips, and work orders to file! So at the start of this year I made filing my new years resolution. It is now November and I have NO piles! Everything is filed away. And come tax time I will know where everything is to take to the accountant

Baby steps. Pick ONE thing and make it your mission. Say the laundry -- NO MORE piling the laundry onto the table - it gets washed and put away the same day. Or whatever........

there.......... thats my take on it. Are you tired of all the advice yet?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You can also notify the post office that you don't want ANY 3rd class mail. Nothing that isn't specifically addressed to you. No more "current occupant" junk mail will come to you.
    I didn't know that. Cool!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    podlings! great description! Laundry, I hate laundry!

You can also notify the post office that you don't want ANY 3rd class mail. Nothing that isn't specifically addressed to you. No more "current occupant" junk mail will come to you.
    Holy crap! I now need to look up the process for that. Well, that and reinforce that the previous occupants no longer live here. Half of what we get is theirs because they forwarded NOTHING. Every six months, we go through it all with a "No known occupant" stamp and give it to the post office to send back, with a request that anything to those people get routed back. Hasn't happened yet.
    My Primal Battle Tome