Page 169 of 580 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 5796

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 169

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, don't worry about it. I honestly see the blog income more as a possible goody, not counted income, anyways.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I know... but if I'm going to be ordering, I might as well do it through you guys.

Wow... why does drama always have to accompany family holidays? My dad and stepmom decided that this year they really wanted to have a big meal and invite the family. So they chose 4 pm on Thursday to make a big meal to feed 22 people. We were going to have it at the fire station b/c no one's house holds 22 people (Dad's the fire chief so we can use the station for free. score!) Apparently my cousin Nate has this girlfriend that no one likes (I've never met her). Supposedly, according to my aunt, Nate's brother and my sister, this girl is nothing but trouble. Causes drama big time, I guess. Supposedly every weekend, Nate ends up calling his mom (Sally) or brother (Michael) to come pick him up and take him to their house because he and this girlfriend have gotten into a knock-down-drag-out fight. So, Aunt and Brother don't want anything to do with them as a "couple". So, Stepmom plans this dinner and Cousin Michael calls stepmom and says "if Nate's girlfriend comes, me and the girls won't be there". Seriously? So then Nate tells stepmom "if girlfriend can't come, I won't come". OMG. This is so dumb.

So last night, stepmom puts out a message that the dinner is going to be at the firestation to accommodate the number of people and tells everyone to leave their drama at home. Brad comments that anyone who brings drama will be hit in the back of the head with a metal folding chair, WWE style, completely joking of course. Apparently, this pissed my aunt off b/c at that point she said she, Michael and Michael's two girls will stay at home and the rest of us can have dinner. WTF? Then Nate chimes in and says that no, they'll stay home and everyone else can have dinner. This continued for about a half hour. Finally, stepmom calls me and says she's canceling the dinner since no one can get along long enough to stuff turkey down their throats. *sigh*

EVERY single time she tries to plan a big family dinner, this is what happens. Those three go on and on and on about some stupid drama and makes the whole event suck. If my grandpa was still around, he'd be knocking heads together over this crap. This is flat out stupid... so, in keeping with my trend as a big mouth, I posted a long rant on facebook about how people can't grow the eff up for 2 hours and get past their differences long enough to eat a meal and it's stupid, it's asinine, and ridiculous. I was pissed. I think I used the f-bomb a total of 6-8 times. It's good stuff. You should go check it out. lol

Anyhow, so instead of 4 dinners, I now have 3... what sucks is the one I was REALLY looking forward to is the one that was canceled.

Stepmom said that once she's over the initial hurt, she'll probably invite me and Brad, our kids, my sister and her kids over for dinner that night but the rest of them can stay home.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-15-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yikes. I'm glad our family is (fairly) drama free. Certainly there's no shouting at Thanksgiving.

Every other side of the family is drama free. The M side, the T side and the H side are all drama free. Well the T side could have some drama, but Brad and I are both adult enough to just let it go. (Brad's cousin's wife used to be married to my uncle. She cheated on my uncle with Brad's cousin. Uncle found out about it, went into a depression, started making jacked up choices, was drinking while riding a motorcycle, wrecked said motorcycle, was in a coma for 2 weeks, and suffered brain damage as a result. Now he's a severe alcoholic and recreational drug user. I know none of that is her fault, but the whole leaving my uncle for my cousin is really bothersome. While cousin and aunt were screwing around, they told everyone aunt and uncle were divorced, which is untrue).

Anyhow, I mean, there's drama everywhere, but it's nothing like the drama these three bring to the table.

And according to my sister, it appears my aunt has deleted me as a friend on facebook as a result of my post... good. Keep the drama to yourselves.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Family, got to love them! I'm down in the South and I always say, there is nothing like a wedding or a funeral to bring out the worst in people. I really should write a book about it. The things I've seen!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I had my own family facebook drama recently. I feel kind of bad because it was my mom's niece that got all fired up and my mom felt hurt about it (even though there's no reason she should, it's not her fault or her fight). Apparently my cousin went to my mom about my sister and my responses. Seriously, woman? Even if she hadn't, I have no inclination to talk to my cousin about her stupidity, but she did, and that just makes me want to ignore her even more. If she felt like she had to go to my mom to talk about something my sister or I said, she clearly does not see us as adults. She's 35, so that's ~10 yrs older than both of us, but still: grow up and contact people directly if you have an issue! I'm glad I never see her (don't even know where in the country she lives), I would not be inclined to be friendly at family gatherings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Now that my grandmother's dead and my middle sister's in jail, there's no real drama anymore. I love them both, but god so help me, they have more drama than Jerry Springer.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Naiad, that's what these three are like. It's like a damn Jerry Springer show... so stupid.

I posted on facebook that it appears my friendship was not strong enough to endure my comments, which goes to show that said person is one who needs to do some growing up and maturing... of course, I used more words than that, but that's the gist of it. She won't see it, but her sons might. They haven't deleted me yet... I think Nate might, but Michael won't. He's the maturest of the bunch.

It just irks me that people can't just ignore that one person in the room and enjoy the other 21 people... you're not there for her. You're there for everyone else. Get over the issue for two freaking hours. Enjoy your dinner and enjoy the rest of the family. It's not that hard to do... I did it with my other aunt (the cheater) and everyone survived. BE THE BIGGER ADULT! It's really not that hard... and even if it IS hard... it's 2 hours of your life. 2 hours... that's not very long.

And besides, if their relationship IS that screwed up, chances are, they'll be broken up before Thanksgiving even comes around and she won't come anyway! I don't understand why this is so hard. Sure, I don't know the girl and I don't know the drama that is caused between these two people, but is it REALLY worth disappointing/disrespecting the rest of your family b/c that ONE PERSON is coming to dinner? Sit at the other end of the table! No one is asking you to HUG the girl... geesh.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hug her, hug her! We might get even MORE drama from it.

Heehee. So easy when it is not my family.

That's funny, Sabine. What would be even better is if Nate were to decide to MARRY this girl. That would send his mom over the cliff. That would just make for amazing holidays for the rest of our lives!! lol

Dad and stepmom already stopped inviting them to Christmas b/c of issues with the number of people (b/c like every other family in the world, ours is getting larger every year). Not sure why she invited them for Thanksgiving - probably b/c most thanksgiving dinners are less intimate than Christmas usually is... who knows. All I know is that now, instead of 430 Facebook friends, I now only have 429... lol