Page 166 of 585 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 166

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I also know someone who kicked cancer's ass (I think it was liver cancer maybe) with chemo and vitamins. His wife had him taking so many vitamins each day that he had to drink a gallon of orange juice to get them all down... but he lived and you'd NEVER know he had cancer. I don't know how I feel about chemo, but I've never had cancer before either... *knock on wood*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm a big vitamin and sunshine proponent. THen again, I'm a HUGE fan of "what works." When it comes to cancer, do your own research on variety, type, and mutation. Some, chemo is one of the best things on earth. Others, it's radiation. Others, it's dietary change. Most, it's a combination of all of the above. Unfortunately, some don't respond to any of that. While I'm a filthy hippie about a lot of things, I'll be fucked if I die because I refuse modern medicine because "it's not natural." Neither are clothes. Get the hell over yourself, do your research, and use the best combination of treatment you can find. If that includes irradiating yourself until you glow green with minimal long term effects, then irradiate yourself.
    Most depression CAN be corrected for with vitamins, sunshine, eating right, and exercising. There are certain kinds that actually ARE serotonin conversion issues and other stuff we haven't found the right combination of food, but drugs do fucking AWESOME. Again, it's finding which one works for you. Don't go so hippie crunchy that you write off all modern medicine.
    Sorry, Jen, this isn't actually directed at you. I just get uppity when people completely ignore one or the other in favor of what they "know." No one "knows" everything, so shut the hell up; do your research with an open mind; and do what WORKS.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yeah, at the end of the show, she was still a hoarder and still not taking treatment for her breast cancer - she said "God is taking care of me". Psht... whatev.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Those hoarding shows make me feel better, because I can say, 'at least I'm not THAT bad'.

They make me feel worse because usually the people are in such a state. Even when they get 'better' it seems all too clear that a year from now, they will most likely be back in the same condition.

I HAVE come to understand that it is really a sickness, though, not laziness. Man, if I ever break from reality, I hope it is not that way.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Okay, I'm super confused by this Amazon referral thing. Does the search box do anything for referral fees? I can't find any clear information in the damn Help section of the Amazon Associates site. You're saying that if I just keep an item from one of your featured product widgets in my shopping cart for 30 days, you get referral fees for that?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Those hoarding shows make me feel better, because I can say, 'at least I'm not THAT bad'.

They make me feel worse because usually the people are in such a state. Even when they get 'better' it seems all too clear that a year from now, they will most likely be back in the same condition.

I HAVE come to understand that it is really a sickness, though, not laziness. Man, if I ever break from reality, I hope it is not that way.
    I think it's definitely linked to mental health. Most of the shows I've seen are of people who were kids during the Great Depression whose parents taught them the Hoarding behaviors of "just in case". But there are those that legitimately think their junk is worth money and they should keep it... Well, if that's the case, open a scrap yard... geesh.

The one gal last night did an AMAZING job of cleaning up her place. It was so bad that her stove caught on fire during the show b/c someone bumped the switch when they set something on the stove. A bag of marshmallows went up next to STACKS UPON STACKS UPON STACKS of newspaper... so scary. I think that is what turned her around. After she cleaned it though, you could see how incredibly dated the house was - she was planning to sell it. I hope she got it sold, but I don't think it would be for much b/c the entire house was filled with 60's and 70's decor. The only updated room was the kitchen, which will help sell and make the buyers happier, but b/c of the fire, the stove doesn't look as nice anymore and would probably need to be swapped out. Anyhow, it was enlightening to see she made progress and was maintaining it. The other couple, the mother (with breast cancer) and son duo didn't do as well. The son was working hard to purge his things but the mother continued to drag her feet. I think they need to do "Where are they now?" update shows.

And then I watched Addicted... that one had tears streaming down my cheeks.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Looking at family history, I know my break from reality would be animal "rescue" (hoarding) or alcoholism. Note my ONE dog and rare alcohol consumption. I refuse to go down either of those paths.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Okay, I'm super confused by this Amazon referral thing. Does the search box do anything for referral fees? I can't find any clear information in the damn Help section of the Amazon Associates site. You're saying that if I just keep an item from one of your featured product widgets in my shopping cart for 30 days, you get referral fees for that?
    As long as you buy it in 30 days. I don't get referral fees simply b/c you went there and looked around and placed stuff in your cart. You have to actually buy it for me to get any referral fees, but the referral expires 30 days after you click the widget.

I placed two things in my cart after clicking your widget, so you should have 1 click. But, when I buy them later this week, you should get 4% of whatever my pre-tax, pre-shipping total is, which right now will be 48.5 cents... but I plan to add stuff to the cart to bring my total up to the free shipping threshold. I will probably click you one more time and click Naiad for the other two things - then I will have bought 3 things from both of you.

If I understand it right, that is what will happen. I'll read up some more on it in a bit.

Yes, from what I'm reading, if someone goes to Amazon b/c of your widgets and they buy something during that session, you get referral credit. If they put it in their cart but don't buy it today, they have 30 days to complete the transaction for you to get credit for referring them. If they don't buy and they don't place anything in their cart before closing the Amazon page, they will have to go back into your website, reclick the Amazon widget to get to Amazon and buy for you to get a referral fee.

Oh, and you will not be penalized for clicking your own widget and buying, but you will not receive a referral fee for your own purchases made through your website. Unlike with Google Adsense where you're booted from the program if you click an ad on your page.