Page 156 of 590 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 156

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I don't know about the conversion from regular flour to coconut flour, but I know the conversion to rice flour is 1:1.

I indulged in some candy last night. Rather disappointed. I went for the Whoppers, which are my FAVORITE candy... or rather I should say *were* b/c they weren't that great. They weren't as good as I remember them being. The chocolate sucked and the malted part wasn't as tasty as I remembered. Plus, they contain gluten... oops. I had some Junior Caramels and Milk Duds as well. Milk Duds suck... Junior Caramels are ok. Butterfinger, however, is the shit. I love that candy bar! Luckily, there aren't many left. And I'm sure Brad will eat the rest of them today.

Since it's November 1, it seems like a logical place to start in regard to stopping sugar again. Then I can see how many days I have gone - EASILY.

I have a chicken breast and baked potato for lunch. There is no way that is going to be enough food, but it's what I had available. After trick or treat last night I was so hungry I cooked up the remaining chicken breasts, a ham steak, a baked potato and some gluten-free mac & cheese (for the kids). I ate one chicken breast, half the ham steak and my potato... lol I was HUNGRY. I cooked 4 chicken breasts, but they were really small so I had to send 2 to work with Brad.

Our checkbook was in the BLACK this week!! YAY! Usually the bank doesn't know we're in the "red", but it can be by a small amount or (gulp) a large amount depending on whether or not we've needed money to get by or not. This week, we were in the black and I'm so thrilled about it! That hasn't happened for probably months. We will also be paying off 7 debts this month. 5 of which are medical debts, 2 of which are revolving credit debts. Feels good. AND we will finish saving for Christmas as well.

Now that Halloween is over, I'm moving into Thanksgiving/Christmas mode. This holiday party planning is getting me pretty excited for Christmas.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I don't know what I'm going to do with the leftover candy (we have a lot). I might just start tossing it. Boyfriend bakes enough as it is, he doesn't need more sugar. He surprised me by not eating much last night, though I woke up to find he had eaten a few slices of the cake he made.

I like Butterfingers, but I hate how they get stuck in your teeth!

I like starting off new "challenges" at the start of a month, it's nice to know exactly how long you've been doing something without having to calculate anything. 3 weeks exactly until Thanksgiving!

I am also moving into Thanksgiving mode. Time to experiment with Primal pies and I REALLY want to make egg nog this year.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judg View Post
    You would be a natural, Jenn. That sounds like a great party. Glad it's not me in charge: I have no gift for that at all.
    ditto --- not a clue how to plan a good party.......... dinners I can do as long as there is no activity planning involved.

My answer to left over halloween candy: don't buy any to begin with! Problem solved!

I started counting how many days I can go sugar, grain and alcohol free........ I'm starting day 4. Want to jump on the wagon with me? I'm recruiting..........
    Last edited by tomi; 11-01-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm kicking off a new plan myself today. While I don't mind starting something new in the middle of the month, it makes life easier to do it on the first.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tomi, there are 11 of us planning the party, so it's not all my brain power doing it. I searched Pinterest for game ideas and decided on one I really liked, but after setting the timeline/agenda, it doesn't fit, so I let it go. The games are all the doing of others.

We have a jack-o-lantern candy bucket sized pile of candy. This is after giving away all the gluten containing candies (less the whoppers) to my cousin. I'm craving candy something fierce today. I'm sad that I don't have any almonds or anything at my desk to curb my craving for crunchy stuff. I wonder if there are any in my book bag (in the car as I have class tonight).

How do you play around with primalizing pies without sampling, thus eating sugar?? I'd like to play around with the fudge recipe I found, but would have to break the no sugar goal to sample it and ensure it tastes good enough to share with others. I wouldn't want to find out the day of that the fudge I brought sucks...

Ah... went to my car. Found some almonds. Definitely curbing my urges b/c I'm technically not hungry and that should keep me from overeating. I hope...

Lunch today was egg salad (not primal) over lettuce with tomatoes and onions and pepper. Pretty dang tasty lunch if you ask me. I need to make the primal egg salad in Eat Like a Dinosaur, but that requires me to make my own mayo and I'm scared of that yet... I like things easy and mayo seems hard...

I have more flyers to work on (Thanksgiving Potluck so we can hold a Pie in the Face fundraiser for our Holiday Party). Have a nice Thursday!

I love it when people come into my office, comment that it smells like bacon and I say "It's me. I eat bacon every morning" and they comment on how that's not good for you and I can reply with "My cholesterol dropped a LOT since I started eating bacon every morning. I'm good with it." They're always like "Really???" lol I love it.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I was very lucky with my first mayonnaise making venture. It came out perfect. I put everything in a mason jar and mixed it with my stick blender.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I hope Brady's lunch worked out ok... we ran our of lunchmeat and I completely forgot and had no way to acquire any before he went to school... so, I took a page out of Oscar Mayer's book and flopped a few chicken nuggets into a dish and sent them. They were frozen when I put them in the bowl, but they're precooked. I figure if kids will eat the Oscar Mayer ones cold, he'll eat the Applegate ones cold, too, right? I just hope they got thawed out for him... If not, I hope someone was willing to pop them into a microwave for him. The kindergarten class eats at like 10:45 before the big kids eat at 11:15 or whatever, so the kitchen staff might have been able to thaw them for him. I hope so. But just in case, I sent an extra string cheese with him. Today was nugget day at school and I hope to hell they didn't just send him through the lunch line for hot nuggets... his are gluten free. I'm going to check his lunch account and see how much was spent today... ok... the system isn't updated yet. Only shows milk for yesterday (snack). Hopefully it's a live system and having no transactions for today means he didn't eat hot lunch. I'll check later.

Lunch for me today is 2 egg salad "unsandwiches". All the fixin's, minus the bread. I'm loving it. Definitely going to try to find the time to make some egg salad this weekend. Except, I'll use leaf lettuce and stuff so I can make wraps out of it instead of using the shredded lettuce as a bed.

Potty training Miss Makenna this weekend. She does pretty good right now when we put her on the potty. She'll usually pee for me and give me this big "I'm so proud of me" grin when she goes. It's so damn cute. Making the switch to little Dora panties tomorrow. Hopeful that we can get her trained this weekend. Brady trained in a day. I plan to set a timer to go off ever 20 minutes or so to help me remember to put her on the potty. HOPEFULLY we can catch a poo too b/c she's never done that on the potty that I've seen. Supposedly she did one time at the daycare. I always knew when Brady was getting ready to poo b/c he'd run and hide... Makenna shows no indication that she's going - but tells us when she's done. lol Goofy kid. I look forward to no more pull ups! Hopefully night time potty training hits soon. Brady still wears a diaper to bed b/c he just doesn't wake up unless it leaks and his bed gets wet... maybe I need to just put him in underwear at night... maybe that'll help... But I REALLY don't want to get up to change sheets EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT, possibly multiple times, ya know? Suggestions?

Anyhow... off to eat my unsandwich and do some catching up. This Holiday Party has kept me occupied so I haven't been keeping up with everyone. Happy Friday, All.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I'm glad you're having fun with the holiday party planning. I'd love to go to your holiday party, haha! I'm on the fence about attending mine. It's pushed back to January so that it doesn't interfere with other parties and some big projects the company is working on.

Try not to worry too much (haha I know how stupid that sounds) about the lunch thing. Even if they do send him through the lunch line, there's nothing you can do about it right now. Might as well wait to find out, right?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

If they send him through the lunch line, though, our gluten free "study" will be cut short. Today will be day 15 and I'm starting to notice some changes in his aggressiveness and his hyperactivity. he's not so rammy anymore. The other night he gently set the groceries in the car instead of tossing them. He is even putting his shoes away at night without being asked or reminded. Things are changing and I don't want a school lunch to ruin it.