Page 152 of 584 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5832

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 152

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Brady got blue yesterday... and he spent all three of his recesses in the principal's office. Turns out the school has a rule that if you break the rules 3x in a trimester, you lose the next three recesses and have to spend them with the principal. We got a letter from the school showing us that Brady broke a rule in August, September and October, which resulted in him spending 3 recesses with the principal yesterday. At first I was like "WTF kid?" Then I saw how spaced out his "infractions" were and relaxed. One per month? That's not so bad. And he was punished for those 3 rules infractions by losing his recesses, during which he probably cried the entire time - which was probably more of a punishment for the principal than for Brady. lol We decided to let this one go. He was punished for breaking the rules. He only broke one rule per month, which is pretty good for that kid. Plus, we're still working on the whole gluten-free thing, so there's still plenty of opportunity for improvement. We'll see how it goes...

Last night he did something that angered me and cost me money. He was taking his bath and poured an entire bottle of baby shampoo into the tub... granted, it only cost me $1.50 for the shampoo, but STILL! It was an ENTIRE bottle of shampoo! What the hell ya doin' kid?? Looking back, it wasn't such a bad night, but he's been warned about the soap before (he did this once before with more expensive Johnson's Vaporizing soap - smells like vick's for kids with colds) and knows better than to do that.

He also failed to dry off before leaving the bathroom and tracked water all through the house - another thing he knows better than. He says it's "too hard" to dry off... whatev. Get back in there and dry off! And dry the floor on your way back too! Goofy kid.

Anyhow, so we're still working on him. FIL told us not to worry about the note from the principal. Just keep working with him and he'll come around. I hope he's right.

Tomorrow there is no school. He will spend the whole day with the Latchkey Program. They are having a "halloween party" of sorts and asked us to bring some snacks. I'll make up the box of gluten free cupcakes and send some with him. I reminded the director that he can only have gluten free goodies. She said she's bringing popcorn and asked if he could have some of that. I said yes.

I'm going to start scrutinizing the ingredients in stuff he's eating a little more closely once we hit the 14 days gluten free point. I've read it can take up to 6 weeks gluten free to really see a difference in behavior. I hope it doesn't take that long. Hopefully 14 days will be long enough. Today is day 7 gluten free. One week in... seems like forever!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

TMI WARNING

My shark week is weird... I cramped all weekend long. Monday, I bled for about 4 hours - lightly. Then nothing on Tuesday or Wednesday, but had cramps on Tuesday, no cramps Wednesday. Today, I started bleeding again, but no cramps. I don't get it...

END TMI WARNING

tomi is online now Senior Member
    don't be too concerned about the weirdness of the period flow or the cramping - its totally normal for it to be a bit out of whack for a while until your hormones get back into sinc.

I don't think that school's rules are very reasonable for such young kids. I mean....... it should be in a month - not a semester. UNLESS the infractions where something really bad - like hurting another kid - or damaging school property - or being downright disrespectful to a teacher. But - he took his punishment and will learn from it. You did right by not punishing him again and letting it go.

I think the bathtub story is amusing! Once my 12 year old neice (will visiting at her other aunts house) decided the baby oil sitting on the bathtub must be a great hair conditioner and poured a handful onto to her hair.......... then couldn't get it rinsed out and proceeded to cry for an hour while her mom tried to wash it out.......... it didn't help that the entire house was laughing and she was embarrased. Kids do dumb things! Its those things that we will look back in 20 years and smile.........

How are YOU doing? getting that sugar monster off your back and keeping your diet clean? Did you watch the video I suggested? I strongly suggest you watch since sugar is your main stumbling block. Its amazing the things you will learn.

Here's hoping today is sugar free and primal friendly!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I haven't gotten it under control yet and I haven't watched the video. I will though. Maybe I can put it on in the background and listen to it while at work this afternoon.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Brady's actually doing really well. The school has a screwy system. (per TRIMESTER?! Holy mother of god, these are kids, not automatons.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oh, and Shark Week was like this prior to getting pregnant with my daughter. It's weird.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Jenn - excellent idea to put on the video on listen. He's pretty easy to listen too - and not so bad too look at either (from a middle aged womans point of view ) .......... just listen carefully cuz there is tons of really good info in there! Until you get to the bio-chem part - but if your a science geek you'll love it. I sorta am so I watched most of it.

I'm pulling for you! I know how bad you want to get this weight off and get healthy and fit! Let me encourage you to get it under control now when you're still under 40 --- cuz AFTER 40 everything is more difficult to control! The body has an agenda all its own and its fight fight fight to get the weight off and the muscles built up!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Ok, I'm pretty sure that I posted already today, but it's not showing up... maybe I posted on someone else's thread what should be on my thread??? who knows.

Anyhow, my head is itching incessantly. Has been for a couple weeks. DRIVING ME NUTS! With as greasy as my hair gets, I wouldn't think it's dry scalp... i wonder if sugar can cause itchy scalp...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Ok, I'm pretty sure that I posted already today, but it's not showing up... maybe I posted on someone else's thread what should be on my thread??? who knows.

Anyhow, my head is itching incessantly. Has been for a couple weeks. DRIVING ME NUTS! With as greasy as my hair gets, I wouldn't think it's dry scalp... i wonder if sugar can cause itchy scalp...
    Tea tree oil shampoo. I'm not even kidding. Grab the Yes to Carrots dandruff one, if you can. That crap'll cure what ails your hair and scalp. I almost swear it's like a hair panacea, but seeing as I don't believe in panaceas, I'll stick with "this shit works!"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Where does one find "Yes to Carrots"?