Page 151 of 593 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 151

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Got the blog updated. Need to research party games that aren't cheesy and stupid for the holiday party for work... need to go to the gym. Need to eat lunch... feel like crap thanks to Shark Week. Cramps are firing up again... *ugh* it's hell being a woman...

On a positive side, though, Brad is being especially sympathetic since I'm only going through this so that my sex drive comes back... he said he's sorry this is happening and he's truly sympathetic b/c now I'm in pain because of him... I should milk this... lmao

Forgot to add... the doctor's office called me back to tell me my thyroid panel looked good - um, didn't you call me yesterday?? Anyhow, I got my T3 uptake and free T3 numbers from her.

Free T3: 2.9 (range 2.2 to 4)
    T3 Uptake: 38 (range 28-41)

I'm not well versed in thyroid stuff, but this tells me I have a low amount of free T3 floating around in my blood, but a relatively high T3 uptake, so this tells me things are working fine... that there's not much free floating around b/c my uptake is working properly... correct? Yes? No?
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-23-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

And the berage of idiodic reply to all emails continues... seriously. These people were made from the fastest swimming sperm... these are the people defending your country... be afraid. Be very afraid!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Hey Jenn-
    I remember reading that Brady was having issues in school if he sees the work as pointless, like coloring worksheets. Working with Niece today kinda gave me an idea on how you might be able to help him with that and work with/ around the teacher. He needs a reason to do it, right? If you can't get the teacher to adjust it where his work is more reason and less coloring, maybe try bribing him, or giving him reason to do the coloring. Maybe set up a calendar chart and sticker set up, usin a similar color scheme to his school's. If he gets however many of the highest color (high "grade") in a week, he gets a small treat, like GF cookies, or time at a particularly cool playground. Scale the treats based on his work, so he can see that there is incentive and reason to do the BS color work, even if he sees no reason to do it for the teacher.
    Just an idea.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Naiad, we already do something similar to this. If he gets 3 yellow's a week and the rest is green, he gets to do something fun - like carve pumpkins. Yesterday he was told if he got yellow today he could carve pumpkins with Grandma tonight... but he lied to me last night so I took carving pumpkins with Grandma away as the consequence for lying. He's never blatently lied to me before so I didn't have another consequence to administer.

There is no penalty for getting green b/c no kid goes every day without being reminded about how to behave. So yellow (best) and green (good) are ideal. We give rewards for those behaviors. Blue or red loses all priviledges - no tv, no computer, no Leapster (LeapFrog's version of a handheld gaming device), and bed at 8.

And what he lied about was nothing major... he drew on a window screen with chalk, but said he didn't do it.

I really need to get myself back on track. My belly is bigger (bloat) and I feel kind of crappy - like I'm starting to run low on energy... like I've had a really busy week and it's finally catching up to me - but I haven't had a busy week.

Made gluten free brownies last night. They are freaking awesome! Don't even taste like gluten free. The batter is MUCH thicker than regular brownies - like super thick - as in needs to be spread with a spatula and then banged on the counter to fill the corners kind of thick... But they are moist, crumbly and abso-freaking-lutely delicious! DANGER DANGER!! lol I sent one with Brady for lunch today.

I really hope he gets yellow or green today, but I don't know that he will. He was in his "annoy mom" mode this morning. Plus, since I took away pumpkin carving with Grandma for lying to me, he really has no incentive for getting yellow today. Hopefully he'll do it simply for the high five he gets when he's done well behaviorally at school.

My brain is completely bored senseless today, and nothing seems even remotely enteraining to me. Probably should go take a walk, but even that sounds boring to me.

I really want to take a few days off and just go somewhere - do something fun. Glad the holidays are on their way. That'll be some time off with lots of activities.

I had planned on taking the kids to trick or treat in the town my dad lives in, but SIL and BIL's son's birthday is that day and they planned his birthday party for 5 pm... Really? Why not 2? Of course, I know why she did it - so all the young kids could get their naps in and be in pleasant moods, but really? It's right over top of trick or treating!! Frustrating. I was really looking forward to trick or treating (and it was planned first, dang it!) Oh well... gotta do the family thing. You know how it is...

Speaking of which, I have to order a gluten free pizza and make up some gluten free cupcakes for me and the wee man. I'll eat with him so that he doesn't feel like he's missing out. It'll be fun. He and I, enjoying our gluten-free foods while everyone else's guts get ravaged by wheat and other grains... in fact, I think my daughter will join us in the gluten-free fare.

It looks like Trick or Treating for Wilton is scheduled for Halloween night from 5:30 to 7:30... I'll have to take some time off work so I can get home in time to get the kiddos ready. Should be fun. My kids are going as an Iowa Hawkeyes football player and an Iowa Hawkeyes cheerleader. They'll be adorable! I can't wait.

We have a Godfather's pizza in Wilton. Godfather's offers gluten free pizza... they top it and freeze it in a gluten free facility and then wrap it so it doesn't get contaminated... however, our Godfather's and the other two surrounding us, don't carry it and won't be able to get any before Saturday. That's just flat out stupid...

Looks like we'll be going to Happy Joe's and paying $10 for a small pizza... *sigh* And I can't just not let him participate in the pizza without having a meltdown, which will be more embarrassing to me than bringing in my own pizza.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I think kids came around not long after I got home on Halloween last year, so as early as 5PM. I know I was out after dark when I went trick-or-treating, but I don't remember the early years. The first Halloween I remember, I think I was around 4 or 5 years old, and I stayed inside at home and watched the trick-or-treaters come to the door. I got to stay up a little later waiting for my sister (2 yrs older) to get home. My parents didn't take me until the next year.

Have you thought about how you'll manage the candy with your son?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I am going to steal an idea from someone on IPMG. She said (I think it was Sara Eye) that she is going to allow her kids to keep 5 pieces of candy each, and they will then trade the rest in for a really cool toy. I think the dentist in our town has a deal where you can trade your trick or treat candy in for cash... I'll have to ask around about that. Maybe we can do that and then I won't have to fork over any money for the "really cool toy"! lol

And I will be picky about which candy he gets to keep to - no kit kats, snickers, etc with peanuts or gluten. He's a big one on things like laffy taffy, so that'll probably be what he picks for his pieces.

Still have to clear this with Brad, of course, but I think he'll be ok with it.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Jenn- Ah, I didn't realize you'd beat me to the punch. Heh.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome