Page 150 of 593 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 5923

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 150

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Sorry. I entered the info incorrectly.

T4 is 7.4 with ranges being 4.7-13.3.
    T4 Free is 0.92 with range being 0.77 - 1.61.

I did have T3 taken, but she didn't give me those numbers over the phone. I have to find a way to get to the clinic to pick up the results b/c they won't mail them or give them to my husband. *eye roll* HIPPA is a pain in the ASS!!!

According to Primal Blueprint Primal Mind, as long as my thyroid function is "normal" it is safe to go very low carb and to take a thyroid supplement without having to worry about ruining my thyroid more or causing issues from iodine supplementation. Hashimoto's patients aren't supposed to take idodine b/c it can really screw things up, I guess.

TSH is the only one that bothers me, but in light of the T4 readings being midline to the ranges, I am ok with it. Hopefully T3 will be ok too. I may have to call back and ask for that info tomorrow.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not sure why you are bothered by your TSH. Your T4 ( bound and free amount ) is at 31% of its range Your FT4 unbound/usable is 18% of its range. Many people feel best with their frees at midpoint or higher.

I'm not sure what "thyroid supplement" you are referring to, unless you mean iodine. If that is what you are considering as a supplement I think it important to note that none of the tests you have had done determine whether you do or don't have Hashi's.

You can have normal thyroid tests and still have Hashi's. My sister is a good example of this. Her "numbers" were normal but she had a large thyroid nodule that interfered with her swallowing. They removed half of her thyroid, tested it and it came back positive for Hashi's.

The definitive test for Hashi's is a biopsy. The other tests used to look for autoimmune thyroid issues are antibody test- TPOAb, TgAb

Weird that they wont mail your results. They do it here. I would definitely want to see my FT3 and figure out if I'm converting properly before I made the decision to go VLC long term.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Here are my before and after numbers. Please keep in mind, my before numbers come from October of 2008... but, I feel like it is not inaccurate to compare the two b/c my diet pretty much the same from 2008 up until March of this year. If anything, my numbers from earlier this year would probably be worse than they were in 2008 because I weighed more in 2012 than in 2008. Anyhow, for shits and grins:

Before --> After

Total Cholesterol: 211 --> 178
    Triglycerides: 143 --> 61

HDL: 44 --> 43
    LDL: 138 --> 127

Um, Triglycerides dropped A LOT!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Nice numbers! Triglycerides always drop when you cut down carbs - mine did the same - went from 170 (on meds pre-primal) to 81 (OFF meds - primal) That was a good day!

are you going to add a supplement for thyroid? I'm a little confused by what you've said concerning the thyroid stuff....... But it seems your numbers there are a little on the lowish side. But, I agree that you need to know T3 before you decide what to do. What does doc say?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Doc says everything is fine b/c everything is in range. And she's probably right, but that doesn't mean it can't operate a little more optimally.

Thyroid supplement was supposed to be IODINE supplement. Apparently I have thyroid on the brain and not idodine.

Primal Body Primal Mind says not to go very low carb or keto if you have a thyroid condition, which is primarily why I had thyroid function checked b/c I want to do VLC but don't want to destroy my thyroid by doing it, which according to the author only happens if the thyroid is already slow functioning.

I'm going to start taking idodine and the other supplements to take with it (I can't remember which ones right off hand - it's in the book) to boost my thyroid.

But before I do that, I have to get back on track. I'm eating sugar again... blasted! I think it's hormonal since it's shark week. My first one since (maybe second??) since having my daughter and it's ravaging me. Cramps to beat hell. I know eating properly will help the cramps, but I haven't seen any relief this time around... I think it's making up for lost time and laying on the cramps heavily to get me back for shutting things down for so long. Once shark week is gone, I'm considering doing a whole30 - well, whole30-like rules b/c I don't want to give up butter. Idk. Maybe I will. It's only 30 days. And I can get some ghee for $8 at Amazon - if I get it now (or before the 26th) my shipping will be free... Or maybe I can finally use my $10 vitacost gift cert I got by using Nameless's link and just get it from Vitacost. I think I'll have to pay the shipping from there though.

Speaking of Amazon. I'd really like to keep my amazon prime subscription simply for the free shipping, but I don't have $80 right now. Stepmom bailed. She said she doesn't think she'll use it enough to make it worth it to her. That's cool... just sucks. Would have been great for Christmas... but as long as I spend more than $25, I get free shipping anyhow as part of their every day deals thing. Probably best to just ditch the prime membership for now. I can always buy it later. I love Amazon though! LOVE IT!

I need to update the blog... This weekend was rough, yesterday was a blue day, but ok last night. Today was a perfect morning. He did everything I asked him to do. I only had to ask him twice to put on his underwear and twice to put on his pants. He was distracted by the tv... damn tv. But he wasn't being defiant, which was nice. It made for a good morning and an easy trip out the door. Makenna even cooperated. I truly believe she feeds off of his behavior - if he's being a shit, she's gonna be a shit. Shits go hand in hand... lol

I hope everyone's having a good day. I am.

I dripped bacon grease on my shirt... shit. 4 spots. damn. I look like hell now. Might sneak out to my car and grab a sweater. Hopefully it'll cover the spots. - could just go into the bathroom and 'wash' it with some soap and the power blowers! I'll try that first.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Glad you got the $10... I never did! It shows your name and "verifying". If you send me your first order #, I can submit it to customer service and they should be able to process it. Not sure what happened. If you don't mind, anyway
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Tried washing... didn't work. Bummer. Sweater it is.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Glad you got the $10... I never did! It shows your name and "verifying". If you send me your first order #, I can submit it to customer service and they should be able to process it. Not sure what happened. If you don't mind, anyway
    I haven't ordered anything yet, which is probably why you haven't received your $10 yet. I've got a cart full of stuff to order, but haven't had the money to hit that submit button. I'll go in there today and look around and decide on what I'm going to order - probably some ghee - and submit it by this weekend - Brad gets paid Friday. Out of money until then.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Ooo okay. No worries! I thought you had already for some reason. I don't need any Vitacost orders anytime soon, so it's not like I'm desperate for the credit or anything.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OMG, nothing short of hilarity at Rock Island Arsenal today... it never fails. Someone will send an email to a distro list by accident... this distro list will include hundreds of people - sometimes thousands. They will notice the err of their ways and will recall the message, but it's always too late. At least 25% of the idiots it is sent to will send a "Reply to All" message asking to be removed from the distro list or ask what the email is about...

REALLY? REPLY TO ALL?? Why not just ask the SENDER what it's about??? Dumbasses! Seriously!

Some people get funny with it. One of our soldiers sent an email "reply to all" with an attached "counselling statement" form filled out less the employee's personal info. He said "Everyone before you send out a reply all just go ahead and add your personal information to this counseling form and attach it so we can fix this problem in the future. Thanks."

The form is completely filled out stating you'll lose your email priviledges for eternity per the Uniform Code of Military Justice, etc... it's absolutely hysterical!!

Some people really are just flat out dumb. If it doesn't pertain to you, delete the message and move on... idiots.

But, idiots do provide the best form of entertainment.