Page 15 of 590 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 15

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah Wednesday... how I do not love thee... You give the illusion that it's almost the weekend, but there's still so much week to go... Oh well... let's work to make it rock.

The demo is still taking place in the bathrooms next door... the reverberations are driving me bonkers!! SO. ANNOYING. I don't know if I can handle 30 days of this noise...

On a happier note, I'm wearing a shirt I had stuffed in the closet to not be worn again for a long time b/c it didn't fit right. The sleeves were so tight I could hardly stand to move in it. Not today!! Sleeves are nice and roomy. Hooray!

I mentioned in my post above that I have some sausage that has sugar in it, but zero sugar is registered on the nutrition info... there is 1 carb accounted for, but nothing else. I wonder if that one carb captures the sugar... seems odd that it would have added sugar, but there's no sugar content listed... hmmmm... maybe it's such a low content of sugar (like less than 1 gram or something) and they don't have to report it? Oh well... I'll keep eating them because they're absolutely delicious!!

Yesterday I skipped dinner. Well, I guess not entirely... I did eat 3 squares of dark chocolate... I left work about 5 and headed to class. I asked the student who was working the desk if there was a microwave available to the students and she said no, which means I would be unable to heat up my pork chop... so I figured I'd eat my boiled eggs and some almonds, but as it turns out, i was never hungry so I didn't eat. I had to stop at the store on the way home to get some night-time diapers for my boy, and hunger started to hit. I picked up some things for home and had a serious sugar craving, so I got some Dove Promises. I ate 3. They were delicious! I never thought the day would EVER come that I would find dark chocolate to be yummy. I've always been a milk chocolate girl.

I skipped my bike ride yesterday b/c I didn't bring my Kindle. Today I have it. Today I will LHT and then ride the bike for a bit. Walk to and from the gym, and then walk tonight with my sister. And since they're demo-ing the bathroom, I have to walk to the other end of the building to pee... so plenty of movement today.

Food looks like this:

3 sausage patties
    3 boiled eggs
    vitamins

2 butterfly pork chops
    BBQ sauce
    Italian blend veggies
    peas (I know, I know... but I have a big bag and want to use them up)

Chicken Cordon Bleu (weight watchers recipe with ham and laughing cow cheese) wrapped in bacon
    Some green veggies - idk what yet

Strawberries with coconut and whipped cream (yuuuuuummmy!)

Nothing stellar happening in my life today. Pretty boring actually... blah! I guess I'll go catch up on the journals now. I hope everyone is having a great day!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh, forgot to mention that the ketostick tried like hell to be pink this morning. Very faint color change. Guessing tomorrow will be the day that I can finally say I have entered ketosis again. Can't wait!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenn, good news on the shirt! Hope the demolition is ended soon, work is hard enough without all that noise
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jenn, I have those Ketosis sticks but since I ended up going back to higher carb I guess they were a waste of money for me. I never did manage to get but the faintest of pink on them even when I went no-carb for a few days!!! I always thought maybe they were not working for me.. Hey are you doing the iodine?? Check out this article I read this morning!!

Seaweed linked to post-menopause cancer risk

What do you think?/

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Hey Jenn, I have those Ketosis sticks but since I ended up going back to higher carb I guess they were a waste of money for me. I never did manage to get but the faintest of pink on them even when I went no-carb for a few days!!! I always thought maybe they were not working for me.. Hey are you doing the iodine?? Check out this article I read this morning!!

Seaweed linked to post-menopause cancer risk

What do you think?/
    I think it's inconclusive. it doesn't say how much they ate or for how many years... just that they ate it daily and there might be a link... Over the course of a 14 year period, you'd think they'd have some idea of how much the ladies were consuming.

I will do more research on this and get back to you. Thank you for the heads up.

Tribal support girlfriend

I do believe that possibly my body is in a ketogenic state (or is making the transition to it) b/c I am soooo lethargic right now. I went to the gym and even the idea of changing clothes was a chore! I did it anyway, and quickly got absorbed into my reading while on the bike, but still. I just wanna be a lump on the couch right now. This is exactly how I felt the last time my body switched. Hopefully this time it'll be quicker!!

Going very low carb/high protein/fat today and tomorrow. I've been eating entirely too much dark chocolate lately. Yesterday at work I had 4 squares... then last night I grabbed a square that I didn't even get to enjoy b/c I had to rush to my daughter (can't remember if she was getting in trouble or doing something unsafe...) and instead of setting it down, I popped the whole thing in my mouth and chewed it up. Normally I would bite a piece off, let it melt in my mouth, and then bite off another chunk. I also indulged in a bunch of dark chocolate chips as a topping on my strawberries and heavy whipping cream... so, taking a couple of days away from the dark chocolate and high "sugar" carbs. Hoping to break the cycle I can see forming - which is usually how it goes... I start allowing little indulgences and then they become more and more frequent until I completely fall off the wagon and lose control again. This year I promised myself *I* would be in control of both my body and my emotions. I've gained that control and I refuse to lose it.

Today's food will look something like this:

3 sausage patties
    4 boiled eggs
    vitamins (all 11 pills +1 antidepressant choked down)

Chicken cordon blue leftovers
    3 sausage links
    bag of sugar snap peas
    2 boiled eggs

Brats
    Saurkraut (sp??)

This is a TON of food. I'm so stuffed just from breakfast that I feel like I could burst... But, I'm going to do this and see what I can come up with. Yesterday I felt really really bloated all day long and today the scale was up 2 lbs. Those nasty sugary carbs have GOT to go... This cycle will NOT start over again. I'm not going back to that way of living.

Today I feel sleepy again. I feel like I only got 2 hours of sleep last night, despite sleeping from 1030 til 430 uninterrupted. After 430 alarm clocks are going off and sleep is disturbed until I finally drag my dead-weight ass out of bed at 6 to rush through the shower and get the kids out the door by 6:30... doesn't happen. I'm going to aim to be out of bed by 5:30 next week. I am tired of getting to work 15-25 minutes late every day. Luckily, my bosses don't seem to care as long as I am here as long as I'm supposed to be (8 hours)... but this has got to stop. It makes me look irresponsible, and I'm not... just super tired and unable to get moving in the morning. Hurry up and get fixed, adrenals! I can't wait til 11 when I finally start to feel alive!

Time to make the trek to the other end of the building to use the potty... I was a little spoiled having a bathroom right outside my office door. lol I hope everyone's having a good day.

I have a had a few of my best non-bloated days and I am up 2 pounds also.. so just goes to show it really doesn't matter.. there is no rhyme or reason for these flunctuations.. *sigh* I would just like to see a downward trend overall.. *Just keep swimming*

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    This year I promised myself *I* would be in control of both my body and my emotions. I've gained that control and I refuse to lose it.

This is a TON of food. I'm so stuffed just from breakfast that I feel like I could burst... But, I'm going to do this and see what I can come up with. Yesterday I felt really really bloated all day long and today the scale was up 2 lbs. Those nasty sugary carbs have GOT to go... This cycle will NOT start over again. I'm not going back to that way of living.

YOU GO GIRL!!! That's the spirit! You can do it
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)