Page 149 of 577 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5761

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 149

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It took me all day but I finally got the crap with my boss's credit card figured out... He was charged twice by a hotel he stayed at. They are refunding. But, I filled out a travel voucher for expenses incurred while on travel that overpaid him by $66. With the hotel refund, his credit card will have a $35.99 overpayment. So, in the end, he'll owe the government $30.01. That's not much money, really... but it's a debt that he incurred at my hand. I screwed up (kind of... I didn't have the right receipts for flights) and now he has to pay the government $30. Of course, for a guy who makes $150,000+ a year, that's nothing major... for me right now, it would break me.

This effing sucks. B/c the easiest way to take care of it would be for him to pay the government $66 and next time he travels, for me to pull $35.99 off his next voucher to correct the overpayment to the card...

Bottom line - it's attention to detail and I severely lack in that department... I'm big picture, not detailed. I can't see the big picture through all the details... but I'm anal... so it's weird to me to be like this. And it results in a lot of screw-ups. *sigh*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Jenn - if you can plan and pull off a wedding for 300 -- you must have a bit of detail in you! And if your office has entrusted you with the task of planning the holiday party then they must see some detail in you as well. Purhaps you need to believe in your own abilities for them to fully develope.

See what you're doing with Brady's diet? THAT takes a mind for details! Good luck with your teacher talk.......... I'm sure you'll be able to get her on the same page. Maybe a list of okay foods - and a list of absolutely NOT foods?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Tomi, I was thinking along those same lines regarding the teacher. I put a note in Brady's folder today that reminds her that we don't want Brady having any wheat based/flour based treats unless it is something brought from home on someone's birthday and that if she has any questions, she is more than welcome to email me to clarify any instructions. I told her cupcakes, muffins, cookies, brownies, crackers, etc, all contain gluten and we would rather he not be given these treats, unless a student brings them in on his or her birthday. And since she has birthday's written on the snack calendar that comes home with him every day, I can plan accordingly - send a gluten free cookie, cupcake, etc, with him. Idk, I think we'll get it figure out at some point, but unfortunately, and most likely, it'll happen just as we get ready to transition to a new grade with a new teacher...

I want to vent a bit here... I'm pretty much over it, but I have to illustrate just how shitty of a day I have had so far this morning.

This morning, while getting Brady's breakfast going, trying to get two kids dressed, etc, I let the dogs out to do their business before closing them up in the hallway for the day (it was going to rain and for whatever reason, Brad felt they needed to be in the house - nevermind the fact that they're LABS and LABS swim in FREEZING COLD WATER during duck season... or at least, they're built for it). I hollered out for them, but they didn't come. and didn't come, and didn't come, and didn't come... and then the cat snuck out and took off while I was hollering for the dogs. Great... there was a storm coming and all three of our effing animals are MIA.

I get the kids dressed, which was a hassle b/c Brady was preoccupied b/c of the mutts. I had to shut the tv off, which made Makenna mad...

I get the kids ready to go and we're headed out the door. Of course, still no dogs and no cat. Oh well. I gotta go and I refuse to be late for work b/c those three pea brained animals can't come back when they're called. I opened the garage door about 18 inches and left. I sent a text to my neighbor asking her to put them in the garage if she sees them and it's not raining. I wasn't going to ask her to go out in the rain.

I told Brad that I'd left the garage door open for the dogs and he gets angry b/c our muzzleloaders are in the garage. Really? That's effing stupid! Our garage doesn't LOCK!!! (because he still hasn't installed the garage door openers that have been sitting on the floor by the wall for the last 5 years!! If they don't work, we're screwed b/c any kind of warranty they had is shot now - but that's a discussion for a different day).

As I'm dropping Brady off at the school, Brad calls me and tells me that a friend of ours saw our dogs in the park (dogs aren't allowed in the park! They obviously didn't read the signs!!!), so I go back home knowing my MIL doesn't have a vehicle today (FIL's truck broke down so he's got MIL's truck). I walk to the park (which is one block from our house) and they're 2 blocks north. I call to them, they look at me and take off. Seriously? You worthless piles of excrement!! I walk back home (they were headed east, home is to the east of the park). I see MIL walking over with leashes. Of course, our dogs don't have collars on - don't ask me why... Brad's decision. She and I start walking north toward where I spotted the dogs. Decide it'd be best to get in the car and drive around looking for them. Finally find them at 7:45 and get them home.

I get them in the house - WITH THE GUNS - and lock up. Still no sign of the cat. Storm is not far off b/c it's starting to sprinkle and there's lightning all over the place. Oh well, kitty. Don't climb up a tree - it won't protect you...

I get to work a half hour late and because I have a terrible feeling that shark week has started, I headed straight for the bathroom... Yep... sure enough. And of course, it was bad enough to get on my pants... No, I have no spare clothes at work. Awesome. This is shaping up to be an awesome fucking day.

But shark week explains a lot of mood variabilities, namely shortened fuse - to a millisecond long - and terrible cravings. Stress cravings, mostly. Sugar sugar sugar!! I want sugar! The slightest thing stresses me out right now. But, shark week is also a good sign that hormones are regulating quickly - I was supposed to get my last shot on the 23rd... it's only the 22, which means it took 30 days for my body to produce a period after 2 1/2 years on the shot. I expected it to take longer.

Of course, since I "shut it down" for 2 1/2 years, it is paying me back for all the missed periods with horrendous cramps. Wait... I have a graphic for y'all...

cold.jpg
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-22-2012 at 07:21 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Awr. I hope the stressful feelings pass quickly!

My brain is all wrapped up around ideas of hormonal imbalances right now. The cramping and irritability sounds like me for the past 3-4 cycles. I got my hormones checked on day 19 of my cycle (around ovulation) and progesterone was confirmed to be low. If those symptoms persist for longer than 3 months (probably starting the count now), I'd see if you could get your hormones tested. Not something to worry about now, but a thought for the future. Hopefully, things will regulate on their own though
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    oh.......... my deepest sympathies for the female problems! Been there - done that - thank GOD for menopause! But having you're period come basically right on schedule is a good sign that your hormones or in good shape! Thats a good thing.

Sorry your day started so aweful -- and I do hope things have turned around. Likely though - with the "shark week" starting you will have a couple days of discomfort and emotional upheaval. Try to be kind to yourself - and extra patient and understanding of the world around you.

I remember thinking the world hated me and was intent on making my life miserable - and then the fog lifted and life was good again. Being a woman certainly has its pitfalls.

{hugs} ................. feel better.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

The most mortifying moment of my day... having to climb a set of stairs with a guy behind me... I'm certain he saw what I have been trying to hide all day long.

And on his first day nonetheless. I get to work with this guy for the next 18 months... and on his first day, I had to climb a set of stairs with him behind me, when shark week started (not so unexpectantly) whilst I was unprepared... My deepest wish right now is that he looked at the stairs as he climbed.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-22-2012 at 11:24 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I've been there I'm sure he won't even remember it, if he even saw anything.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Had labs done yesterday... my cholesterol is 178!!!!! FREAKING ROCK ON!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Triglycerides were 61, LDL is 127 and HDL is 43. I gotta google the ranges for LDL and HDL, but I think I'm spot on...

TSH: .85 (range 0.34 - 4.82)
    T4: 7.4 (.47 - 1.61)
    T4 Free: 0.92 (.77 - 1.61)

The thyroid stuff concerns me a bit b/c even though they're in range, they seem to be on the low side of what is "normal", but since they're "normal", I can safely go VLC and take a thyroid supplement without screwing shit up.

I'm excited to compare these numbers to the numbers I got while eating low fat/high carb.

HAHAHA I'm just loving this b/c everyone's been harping on me for eating bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Had labs done yesterday... my cholesterol is 178!!!!! FREAKING ROCK ON!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Triglycerides were 61, LDL is 127 and HDL is 43. I gotta google the ranges for LDL and HDL, but I think I'm spot on...

TSH: .85 (range 0.34 - 4.82)
    T4: 7.4 (.47 - 1.61)
    T4 Free: 0.92 (.77 - 1.61)

The thyroid stuff concerns me a bit b/c even though they're in range, they seem to be on the low side of what is "normal", but since they're "normal", I can safely go VLC and take a thyroid supplement without screwing shit up.

I'm excited to compare these numbers to the numbers I got while eating low fat/high carb.

HAHAHA I'm just loving this b/c everyone's been harping on me for eating bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast!
    Can you recheck your thyroid numbers? You say they are in range yet your T4 is listed as 7.4 which is way out of range high given the (.47-1.61) range you provided. I also question the lab range accuracy as I have never seen a T4 and FT4 range have the same upper limit (1.61). Did you have free T3 tested?

I am confused by this statement, especially the bold section:
    "The thyroid stuff concerns me a bit b/c even though they're in range, they seem to be on the low side of what is "normal", but since they're "normal", I can safely go VLC and take a thyroid supplement without screwing shit up. "

Could you explain what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Can you recheck your thyroid numbers? You say they are in range yet your T4 is listed as 7.4 which is way out of range high given the (.47-1.61) range you provided. I also question the lab range accuracy as I have never seen a T4 and FT4 range have the same upper limit (1.61). Did you have free T3 tested?

I am confused by this statement, especially the bold section:
    "The thyroid stuff concerns me a bit b/c even though they're in range, they seem to be on the low side of what is "normal", but since they're "normal", I can safely go VLC and take a thyroid supplement without screwing shit up. "

Could you explain what you mean?
    Sorry. I entered the info incorrectly.

T4 is 7.4 with ranges being 4.7-13.3.
    T4 Free is 0.92 with range being 0.77 - 1.61.

I did have T3 taken, but she didn't give me those numbers over the phone. I have to find a way to get to the clinic to pick up the results b/c they won't mail them or give them to my husband. *eye roll* HIPPA is a pain in the ASS!!!

According to Primal Blueprint Primal Mind, as long as my thyroid function is "normal" it is safe to go very low carb and to take a thyroid supplement without having to worry about ruining my thyroid more or causing issues from iodine supplementation. Hashimoto's patients aren't supposed to take idodine b/c it can really screw things up, I guess.

TSH is the only one that bothers me, but in light of the T4 readings being midline to the ranges, I am ok with it. Hopefully T3 will be ok too. I may have to call back and ask for that info tomorrow.