Page 146 of 555 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 5547

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 146

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    There's always fromsad2happy, as well. I don't like replacing stuff with numbers unless it's a username, but it might be easier for people to remember if you tell them about it in passing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I think I might just go with something completely different for the title. The subtitle will remain "A Mother's Perspective on Behavioral Changes Eating Whole and Unprocessed Foods, but the first part is going to change.

I thought about The Snack Attack - as in attacking snacks - because really, snacks are the problem for our kids. We don't prepare foods at home with gluten in them b/c of my diet preferences, but everywhere else we go there are gluten filled snacks (school, after-school program, daycare, Grandmas's house (any grandma's house fits), every single freaking grocery store we go to, etc).

But, I want this to be a blog about the changes in behavior witnessed in my kids, not a recipe blog. I plan to include some recipes for gluten-free snacks, etc, but I don't want that to be the main focus.

Someone else chimed in with HappyGoPaleo when I mentioned calling it "My Paleo Family" and finding it was taken (and hasn't been updated since 2009)... I like HappyGoPaleo a lot, but I don't know if it fits with my subtitle...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Snackattack and thesnackattack are already taken...

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Attack of the Snacks?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Have my blog name

One Mom Against the Grain - A Mother's Perspective on Behavior Change Eating Whole and Unprocessed Foods

Eventually Blogger.com will work properly and I'll be able to create the blog... it'll be www.onemomagainstthegrain.blogspot.com.

Longer than I wanted it to be, but it is available, it works with the scope of my blog and with the vision of eventually expanding to include the changes in my daughter and my husband once this truly becomes a whole family affair.

And it works b/c I am one mom against the grain of our family and the schools and the daycare, etc... it works. I think it's perfect... if only Blogger would let me CREATE it! UGH... lol

If it's not one thing, it's another.

SUCCESS!!!! Blog has been created.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    That is a great name.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Me like! Its a perfect name! Can't wait to start reading it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

It's ready, Tomi. I've posted our story, a few recipes, Brady's 1st quarter Kindergarten evaluation, and his behavior color chart. I think this is going to be an interesting project.

One Mom Against the Grain

Found a guy at work who is Paleo. I was shocked! We were talking about Greatest Grains and how it's a vegan store and that I have to have meat and they don't sell meat (not that I've noticed anyway) so I don't shop there. He chimed in with "I'm Paleo". I was floored! I love finding people of our kind!! He offered to share recipes if I was interested. Think I might add him on Facebook.

Been working on the blog. I've linked a few articles, a few websites, mentioned a few books, reviewed on article (well, kind of - gave my opinion on the subject matter and linked the article), posted a few recipes, etc. Hopefully it'll take off before too long. Already have one "member" - our dear friend Nameless Wonder. If you go to the blog, do me a favor and click on an ad or two... I try to make it a point to do this for both Nameless and Naiadknight. It doesn't generate much money, but some is better than none.

Food yesterday was swell. I did very well. Same with today. Still trying to decide what I want to make for dinner - spaghetti or chicken scampy... leaning toward the scampy b/c it just sounds divine.

I really really REALLY need to get back on track with movement. I think today I'll run - without a pace in mind. I will just run around the track for 15 minutes. Who cares how far I go, right? Pace doesn't matter, distance doesn't matter. Just moving is what matters. I need to make a better effort to lift weights too. Need to reimplement the Body For Life strength program. Badly. Gotta shrink those arms!!