Page 143 of 585 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 143

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Four words: primal granola with cream.

Mmmmm.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Taking 1,000 mcg of B12 today. Primal Body Primal Mind said to err on the side of taking too much than too little, so I'm going to take twice as much as usual and see what happens.

Date night with hubby tonight. Our anniversary is Monday. 7 years already! Crazy.

Tomorrow, if the forecasts are wrong, we're going deer hunting. Fingers crossed that all three of us get our deer the first morning. Getting up at 4 am every day for the next two weekends is not my idea of fun.

Sunday, birthday party for my nephew. He's seven. His birthday was yesterday. Yes, my matron-of-honor had a baby 4 days before my wedding. He was due on my wedding day. It was stressful.

Um... hmmm... I think that's it...

Oh, wait... here's a cute picture of my boy.
    Brady Fire.jpg
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Hahah I bet that gear was HEAVY.

I also am very sensitive to sweets, and did not have that many growing up. I always opted for the sweeter cereal at my friend's houses. I never really got into candy though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Tash, it was hilARIOUs when he would fall over. he was like a turtle on it's back! He couldn't get back up to save his life. Funny shit.

The main staple cereal at our house was either frosted flakes or honey nut cheerios. Sometimes mom would buy a box of cinnamon toast crunch, captain crunch (still my favorite) or cocoa puffs. It wouldn't last very long.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Awwww, he's adorable.
    The only candy I go for is chocolate, and I'm picky there. I've learned Geek has to taste what I cook to adjust it to be sweet enough or salty enough for everyone that's not me. It's bizarre. I'll say "WOW, that's sweet! Holy Fuck!" and everyone else'll look at me like I grew a 5th eye (I wear corrective lenses.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Someone on Gay Panda's journal mentioned Dante's Inferno... that got me wanting to read the Dante trilogy again... started reading on my phone. Why did authors write in prose all the time back then? Why not just talk? Did they talk in prose too???

tomi is offline Senior Member
    CUTE picture of the little guy! You have darling children!

Cereal......... I grew up on Coco Puffs or Chocolate Rice Crispies! A bowl for breakfast and usually a bowl in the evening before bed. I was a picky eater the rest of the time - so needless to say - I was thin and sickly all of my growing up years. I had a nervous stomach, so would be either constipated for weeks, or sick with diarrhea and unable to go to school. I missed at least a day of school each month. I was cheerleading starting in 9th grade --- I missed lots of games due to stomach troubles. I also sang in the jazz group - again, missed several concerts due to illness. My mother had no clue about nutrition.......... mostly no one did in the 60's and 70's.

As for kids........... mine was gifted and bored.......... and also wouldn't do an assignment if he felt it was a waste of his time and energy. It was HELL getting him through school! How you flunk out when you have an IQ of 142? Sheesh!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Boss mentioned something about going to Greatest Grains for lunch. It's our version of the hippy food stores. Sadly, they are like Whole Foods and push veganism as the way to be, so there is very little protein source available at the "deli" that fits the Primal blueprint. Most meat is mixed with beans or grains or has some funky sauce on it. Last time I was there, I settled for the less than awesome salad bar and loaded up on eggs and got a chicken breast to cut up and toss on top. I picked at it mostly. Their "smoothies" are made with soy milk (blech) or soy protein powder (blech). The only good thing is the mass quantities of vitamins available for sale. We happen to be out of tart cherry, but it's $8 cheaper on Amazon... Plus, Amazon Prime membership gives free shipping. Probably go with Amazon on this one. lol I'd much rather go to lunch at the River House or something. At least there I can get fish with peppers and rice. *sigh* I'd almost rather go upstairs to the crappy, wheat bomb, overpriced cafeteria b/c at least THEY serve meat...

This "store" is the same one that I bought nuts at out of the bulk bins and later found a maggot crawling around in the bag of nuts I'd purchased. Super gross. Won't buy ANY nuts there ANY more, unless they're sealed in a manufacturer's bag... speaking of nuts. The best almonds I have found so far are at Aldi's. They're roasted, but no oils. So they have a nice crunch without all that added crap. $3.99 for a 12 oz bag. Appropriate I think. Walmart charges nearly $6 for a 16 oz bag... and they're not roasted.

Interesting read on MDA about "raw" almonds actually being pasteurized. I didn't know that, but he seems to think it's ok b/c raw almonds are guilty of carrying salmonella and e. coli and other gut angering organisms.

I wish the boss's meeting would end so that I know whether or not we're going to lunch. If we're not, I'm going to go walk or maybe hit the gym for a run. But I have to know what the plan is first. I know he had intended on this meeting being over by now, so maybe we won't end up going...

Well, no Greatest Grains. Apparently boss forgot about it. He went there anyway but the rest of us decided to just go upstairs.

I got a salad heaped up with eggs a little cheese and some carrots. Oh, and a few slices of cucumber. I also got some potatoes that were cooked with green peppers, onions and rosemary. Likely tossed in some bad oils, but they looked good and taste good. I hope the egg I piled on my salad is enough protein and fat to cover the carbs... Thought about getting a chicken breast to go with it, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money. What I got alone cost $6.30... adding a chicken breast would have pushed it to $10!! I told you that place was expensive!

Brad picked a mexican restaurant for dinner. He says it's a really good place, but I think he's probably full of it. It's in a mall for Pete's sake! I'll get fajitas without tortillas or something like that. I'll ask about oils, but I bet the waitstaff will know NOTHING about how things are cooked. I'd almost rather go to Texas Roadhouse where I can at least better control what's put on my food. Oh well.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I like places like Texas Roadhouse. Best pork chop in my memory was had there. Appleslices (with sugar added) on the side. Mmmm... If you ask the waitstaff, they should be able to ask the kitchen about oils. When Boyfriend was cooking at Bertucci's (Italian place), he didn't know for sure what they used, but was pretty sure it was soybean oil based on the literature he found.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).