Page 141 of 585 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 141

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Eleanor486, you can buzz off...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I always wonder if the spamming these bots do ever works?
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Got some feedback from my professor regarding my paper. He told me to focus on what the boss SAID, not the program he has in place... okie... that makes it easier. Now, hopefully I can get 7-10 pages out of what he said...

Last 2 days were 100% primal, but not low carb. I think I'm going to change the focus of my 90 experiment. The remainder of the first 30 days will be to focus on 100% primal. The 2nd 30 days will be Primal low carb. The final 30 days will be Whole30. I think I will see this out thru Christmas. I can't really think of any one thing that I MUST have over Christmas that would violate the rules. Of course, though, I could make allowances for one treat or something on specific days. I haven't decided if I'm going to go that route or not. I have a very serious problem with sugar and would like to break the addiction. I just don't know how committed I am yet.

Today I am attempting to fast through breakfast again. Last night I had some fruit (strawberries, pineapple and banana) with some coconut at like 9. I was craving something sweet... *sigh* At least I went for the fruit and not the chocolate rice chex cereal. So, right now, I'm nearly 12 hours fasted. If I wait til noon, that'll put me at a 15 hour fast.

Scale still read 185 today... dastardly thing...

Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    I always wonder if the spamming these bots do ever works?
    It's weird b/c their links don't show up unless you "quote" them, so I don't see how it can work... but, I'm sure the first time someone encounters one, they click the links to see where it goes. I've clicked, but never browsed. And I clicked from the work computer, so any viruses would be snuffed out on the spot.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on that paper........ I'm sure you'll do great on it - as you have on all the others. You'll have that masters degree in no time!

As for the food planning I say do what Judg always suggests - plan a treat for times when you know they are going to be available - but stay clean on the other days. You can do this! Be careful of the fruit ---- high sugar content and it will spike your insulin - stopping any weight loss that would otherwise happen.

Look at your success thus far --- what were you doing that resulted in good weight loss? I think the whole30 is the best route for you -- so why wait? Just dive into another whole30 right now! Go for it, Jenn!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

What actually worked for my weight loss thus far is simply cleaning up my diet, I think. I truly think the 37 lbs I lost was simply due to cleaning it up. Now, I think it's time to tweek - reduce calories, go low carb, something other than just eat primally, but I don't know what yet.

Low carb worked for the last 5 lbs and for breaking my plateau, but I feel like it just landed me on another plateau. Also, I need to ensure my thyroid is ok for low carb, per Primal Body Primal Mind, which requires me to get a fasting blood draw (well, thyroid doesn't, but cholesterol does). I keep forgetting about it until after I've already eaten on the weekend - or just don't feel like going to Muscatine to get it done. I should have done it on Monday when I was off, but forgot about it until the afternoon.

I've written the "story" part of my paper. Now I'm into the "analyzing" part. This is where I have to incorporate source documents and what not. This part will take longer... booo.

And for the TMI portion... something must be in the air that causes constipation... 500 mg of magnesium and 1000 mg of vitamin C plus probiotic no longer does the trick for "regularity". It's been since Sunday when my gut revolted against the crappy food from this weekend. Needing to go #2 has always caused anxiety - especially if I ignore it for any period of time, so whenever I feel especially anxious, I ask myself if I have to use the restroom. I'm only moderately anxious right now, and I feel the slight need to use the restroom, but no urge and I know it'll feel like an unproductive effort if I attempt. At a loss as to what to do... This is kinda sucking... maybe my fats are too low... I should log and see.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I had my gall bladder removed in 2007 - you'd think eating high fat would be causing me fits - but I actually think my bm's are better when I'm eating high fat. Weird huh? Yesterday I hit 70% fat! Today my weight was down......... go figure.

Try a nice warm cup of water with a spoon of Epsom Salts. Its salty and nasty - but should do the do the trick in a couple hours. Read the label for exact dosing. You don't want to overdo it. I've heard of some people putting a sprinkle of epsom salts in the their morning coffee to keep the pipes clear.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

My fats are too low. They are about matched with protein... not ideal. Gotta work on that.

Had parent teacher conference yesterday. She said Brady lacks impulse control, a desire to apply himself, fails to follow rules, and needs constant reminders to stay on task... I can feel his self-esteem shrinking just writing that... ugh... she asked how the gluten free diet was going and I confessed that we had let it slip. She suggested we give it another shot. Apparently she noticed a difference in his behavior. I feel so bad for the little guy. She has agreed to let me bring fruit and cookies in for his snack instead of the fruit snacks - she mentioned they only give him one pack a day b/c of the red-40 and how it has been implicated for causing behavior issues. When school first started she had told me whatever I brought in for him had to be shelf stable b/c she had no way to refrigerate. Now they do. They have another child in class who is allergic to casein, so he has to have special milk (almond milk, I believe) so the lunch room stores his drink. She said she would have them store Brady's snacks too if they needed refrigerated. I'm glad she's on board regarding diet. That makes it easier.

So, parent teacher conferences didn't go well, but at least we're getting somewhere regarding the diet. I also learned that the afterschool program provides a snack... Ugh... another gluten feast. So I have to provide snacks for school AND for after school. I'll probably give the afterschool program a box of go-gurt. I will probably make some special cookies for him for during school periodically. MIL has a great recipe for peanut butter cookies (I'll substitute with cashew butter or something) and a great chocolate chip recipe. I'll get those from her (or, since she's unemployed, maybe she'll make them for him! There's a NOVEL idea...). One week I think we'll send grapes, one week bananas, one week oranges, one week pineapple, etc. I'll mix it up. Oh and string cheese for a protein punch. We'll get it all worked out. And hopefully it'll improve his behavior. Yesterday he got a red mark on his calendar. He's not had a red mark yet this year. I was really disappointed and told him that was unacceptable behavior and he needed to get yellow today. I hope he does.

Anyhow, I need to continue working on my paper, so I'll be MIA most of today.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Knowing his teacher is on board with diet changes is a win, to me. Do you think you'll eventually try him off dairy too? I know it's not usually linked to behavioral stuff, but once you have one dietary sensitivity, I think the likelihood of having others increases.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

In Primal Body Primal Mind she says that casein sensitivity and gluten sensitivity usually go hand in hand - if you're sensitive to one, you're likely sensitive to the other. It'll be somethinig to try if gluten and red-40 doesn't do it. i know that the Paleo Parents gave up dairy and, obviously gluten and red-40, and their son's mind-body connection improved. He stopped tackling friends, getting angry easily, was more focused, and his hyperactivity decreased. Their son sounds just like my son - over-aggressive, thinks that what his arm does is not controlled by him, etc.

She told us that the kids had a coloring assignment. She told Brady that she thought he could do better b/c there was still a lot of white space left on the page. He said "No, I'm done. I don't want to do more". This tells me two possible things. 1.) he's lazy/unable to apply himself, and 2.) he's bored. Coloring is not exciting to him. He gave up coloring at home a LONG time ago. He prefers writing. He's always writing strings of numbers on a sheet of paper (calls them "race lineups), is always asking me to add numbers together for him (Mom, what's 18 plus 18?), is always adding what he already knows (Mom, did you know 2 plus 3 equals 5?). He's a numbers kid... not a coloring kid.

I asked her if she thought he might be bored and she said the pace of her classroom typically prevents boredom and they educate to all levels. Some kids are higher learners than others so they give challenging stuff to the class for everyone to tackle even though some kids may not be there yet. Stuff like that. Idk... if I thought it would work, I'd attend one of his classes and see what he's doing, but I know I would just be a distraction for him and I'd try to step in with the discipline and all that...

What worries me is 1st grade. Our school doesn't have enough teachers to have a separate 1st and 2nd grade. They are combined. When the 2nd grade is having their lessons, the 1st grade is expected to sit quitely and work independently on their lesson work. I'm worried he won't sit quietly or get his stuff done or won't excel because his attention span is short... hopefully we can nip this in the bud now, with diet, so that he does well in 1st and 2nd grades.