Page 131 of 578 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 5779

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 131

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am not aiming for 50 gm of protein b/c 50 gm of protein keeps me full for too long. Right now, 3 eggs and 3 slices of bacon keeps me full til well past 4 pm. I eat my breakfast about 8 am when I arrive at work. He says that if you're not hungry when it's time to eat dinner, then you're getting too much protein at breakfast and to scale it back. My breakfast is about 27 gm of protein, half of what he suggests, but it literally keeps me full all day long.

I cannot eat 30 minutes after waking (well, I guess I could, but that would really shake up my morning routine - I'll have to work on it). If I were to eat 30 minute after waking, I'd eat between 6:30 am and 7 am, which would probably require more protein to make it til dinner.

One thing I'm scared of is eating more protein than what my body needs to function as any unused protein turns to glucose and raises insulin levels. Since I'm trying to stay ketogenic, I don't want my glucose/insulin levels going too high.

I have read to eat only 0.8 gm of protein for every pound you want to weigh (for me 140, so my protein goal is no more than 112 gm per day), but I've also read 0.8 gm of protein for every kilogram... not sure which is right, but kilogram would result in WAY less protein. If i went with kilograms, I would only be allowed 50 gm of protein for a day, so I'm pretty sure it's per pound.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    The ranges on protein input I've read are 0.5-1.2 gram/protein per pound of lean body mass, depending on your goals. I shoot for the 1g/lb range since I lift a lot and am pretty active.

I'm not up on the leptin reset details, but I'm curious: are you doing too many things at once (with the leptin an the keto and the trying to run more...)? It seems like when you see improvements or if things aren't working you're going to struggle to figure out which "experiment" caused the positive or negative result. Maybe try one at a time consistently for a month or more to really see the impact?
    Last edited by BeckaSki; 09-26-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Leptin reset can be done in ketosis.

From the FAQ at THE LEPTIN RX…FAQ’s

How do I restore leptin sensitivity? If you’re overweight, eat a low carb version of the paleo or primal diet as outlined in The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf or Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. If you’re really obese, eat a ketogenic version of this diet. If you’re underweight, you need to eat a regular paleo or primal diet using leptin reset principles found in the Leptin Rx. (see The Leptin Reset Protocol)

Exercise can begin after reaching leptin sensitivity. I have most of these symptoms indicating that I'm becoming leptin sensitive by simply following the PB/Paleo diet/Whole30's since March.

Signs it’s working:
    Change in your sweating pattern - check
    Energy levels will rise - check - during the day I'm on fire!!
    Hunger and cravings will become less and eventually disappear - check - having hardly any cravings at all
    When you awaken you will feel refreshed and well rested - yeah, not yet...
    Men: quicker weight loss - not a man, don't care.
    Women: Mood changes (calmer/sleepy), then sleep will improve. Clothes will fit differently and weight loss will occur if you continue the program - Since this is basically the PB or 100% paleo, I feel my progress qualifies since I've been following the rules since march with few deviations from the course. I sleep like a rock, I've lost 37 lbs and I've dropped 2 pants sizes. I think I show this sign as well.

And even though he says not to do HIIT during the reset if you're leptin resistant, he says in response to the first comment on the FAQ page that you can be leptin sensitive (based on the signs that it's working) and still have jacked up cortisol. Cortisol is my main complaint. I want it to surge in the morning like it is supposed to.

So, I do 10 minutes 3x per week of running - in essence, sprinting per Mark's fitness recommendations. Right now, that's all the exercise I am doing - 30 minutes of "sprinting" per week. Not much, so I think it's right in line with the leptin reset. The time in which I do it might be wrong because I think Dr. Kruse only recommends working out after 5 pm, but I can't do that b/c of family obligations, so I run over lunch.

I might be doing it wrong, but based on the stuff above, I think I'm on track with what Dr. Kruse recommends.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 09-26-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I might be doing it wrong, but based on the stuff above, I think I'm on track with what Dr. Kruse recommends.
    I'm glad it's going well! I didn't mean to come across that I was criticizing or anything. It just struck me that you were doing a lot at once. I was thinking it would make me feel pretty overwhelmed, but you've got it under control.

I didn't feel criticized, so don't think that. Heck, I could be doing it wrong... only time will tell.

They joy of n=1 experimentation, hey?

Yes ma'am! I even considered getting the journal to keep track... but then I figured I could just use a notebook and it would be cheaper. We'll see. I might change my mind b/c that journal looks pretty kick ass.

You know what? It's only $16 on Amazon... I might go ahead and get it.

Ok... ordered it. Got free 2 day shipping with a free trial of Amazon Prime, and then upgraded shipping to 1 day shipping for $3.99. So for 19.80 I will have the 90 Day Journal tomorrow when I get home from work - provided the hubby checks the mail like I will ask him to do.

Now I just have to remember to cancel my prime membership before I get charged for it!! EEK!

Wasn't hungry - rather bored and wanted to eat - so I ate lunch. 2 cups romaine with approximately 1/4 cup shredded cheese and a teeny tiny bit of ranch dressing - barely enough to wet the lettuce. And 5 slices of Hormel Natural Choice mesquite turkey breast.

Have my day all mapped out on MFP. I think I'm grossing 27 carbs today...

Oops... inaccurate... 51 gm carbs.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 09-26-2012 at 12:47 PM.