Page 130 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 130

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe he will at least give it some thought.

I'm reading this stuff with great interest as my husband has the same issues. Has had depression (no meds though since a bad reaction over 20 years ago) since childhood, carries weight in his stomach/love handle area, and definitely has low T. We did some hormonal testing a few years ago and he was pretty out of whack with his adrenal and cortisol levels. He is completely on board though with the eating. The sad part is, it still isn't making a whole lot of difference.

We keep trying to find answers. He has no zest for life and no sex drive at all. He just has an existence. He works out and that seems to be a driving force for him, but I'm wondering if that may be contributing to some of the issues right now too. He needs to get the hormones more under control.

I hope Brad listens and realizes you are concerned for him and his health. Wishing you guys continued answers and progress. Hoping that you finishing the depo shots makes a difference for you too and you recover from that quickly.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm getting a new bed! I finally got all the information TempurPedic was looking for to make our warranty claim and they said that in 10-14 business days, someone will be at our house to exchange our mattress and box springs. YAY! New bed. I love a new bed.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks KimT. I hope your husband finds the answers he needs too. From what I understand, it's not an overnight process and can take months if not years to fully correct everything, but the author of PBPM makes me optimistic. She also has a chapter on just supplements you can take to help speed the process along. Some I'm already taking, others I'm interested in for sure.

I am really excited and I don't know why... like spazzy excited. Like could go running up and down the halls yelling at the top of my lungs excited. Possibly the mulitple vitamins I take each day have kicked in??? I'm almost hyper... Which supplement could be causing that?

I take

B12
    D3
    Cod Liver
    C
    Selenium
    Stress B complex
    Probiotic
    Magnesium (at night)
    Tart Cherry (at night)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    maybe the stress B??? hey - a little hyper never hurt anyone! Send some my way please!

Hubby will come around - just keep giving him gentle nudges.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Yeah, the hyper went away... I actually forgot I posted that.

A facebook friend of mine learned she has gestational diabetes with her third pregnancy. Her son is on a special diet (very close to paleo) because he was born with congestive heart failure and is autistic. She's certain that changing his diet will assist in progression from the autism. So far, she's seen significant congnitive changes in him. So, because she's got GD, I suggested she eliminate all forms of starchy carbs from her diet for the remainder of her pregnancy b/c she's fearful of needing insulin. I told her eliminating starchy carbs will significantly decrease the amount of glucose flowing through her blood, possibly eliminating the need for insulin and possibly eliminating the GD all together. Since she's so open to changing Tucker's diet, I felt she would be open to this suggestion as well. I also explained to her how horrible canola oil is after she said that's what she cooks Tucker's food in it b/c it's supposed to be so heart healthy. I'm not sure if she's receptive to the idea of eliminating breads, pastas, potatoes, and the like from her diet as she asked if ghee can be used in place of butter on bread. *facepalm* But, it's a step in the right direction, at least.

The best part is that ALL of her friends will see what I wrote and quite possibly they will come to the *dark side* and live the good life with us bacon lovers!!! I love spreading the word.

You go girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Tomi keeps kicking my ass at Words with Friends... this is totally unfair. lol

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jenn, I see you are doing a lower protein intake plan and yet also trying to do the Leptin Reset. One of Kruse's major tenets is a min of 50g protein for breakfast within 30 min of waking. How are you handling that? I was never able to get to 50g and have always resorted to whey protein drinks to round out my breakfast. Right now I am doing 25g whey and 20g in bacon and eggs.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Tomi keeps kicking my ass at Words with Friends... this is totally unfair. lol
    Read post #2626
    my motivation