Page 13 of 593 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 13

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    hey jenn...remember April is no stress month!! Don't worry about those calories right now!! Glad to hear stepmom doesn't have MS. That must be a relief. Why don't you check your library & see if they have a copy of Wheat Belly that you could check out for her? Might be worth a shot.

sounds like you're doing good!! keep it up!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    PC, our library is soooo small. The children's section is the big attraction there. The library is half children's books, 1/4 computer area, 1/4 adult books. I can check, but I'm not expecting it to be there. If it is, I will certainly check it out for her!!

I had a big bowl of strawberries tonight with a small handful of dark chocolate chips and a small handful of shredded coconut, covered with homemade whipped cream sweetened with a teaspoon of honey. Soooo freaking yummy! Who needs ice cream when I've got that?

Walked with my sister and our kids tonight. It was windy and the boys were pushing the limits with how far away they were getting on the bike and/or where they were walking. Most of the south end of town has no sidewalks or they're garbage, so we walk in the street. Traffic isn't too bad though so they were ok to wander a little.

It's now 10:30... a little late to still be up, especially since I fully intend to read a bit before sleeping. I purchased the Hunger Games trilogy on my Kindle today. I'm on chapter 6 and plan to keep going. It's a good read so far.

On that note... I'm headed to the comfort of my bed. Hopefully my kids sleep in their own rooms all night like they did last night so I can get a full 6 hours of sleep tonight! G'night, everyone.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jenn, just doing a quickie check in.. I am having the hardest time keeping up with so many journals!! I am trying but like last night I fell asleep and then this morning I got called for help by DH and tonight it was DD that needed help.. *sigh* I refuse to let it be a source of stress. hope all is well and I will catch up soon I hope

No worries, Friend.

Just a quick update... Still 212 on the scale and I'm ok with that.

I just did something I'm probably going to regret. I just emailed a link to my mother-in-law to Tomi's journal (fibromyalgia and fat). Now my secret little world won't be so secret anymore...

I walked for an hour on the treadmill today while reading The Hunger Games. 3 miles were traveled while having never looked where I walked. I love it.

Food so far:

3 boiled eggs
    2 sausage patties
    28 almonds

leftover Iowa chop
    leftover green beans cooked in butter and bacon
    carrots steamed and buttered

Dinner is going to be tacos. Sadly, they'll include CW taco seasoning b/c I haven't had the time to create my own yet... I'm going to look into some of those empty spice bottles and look for spice recipes - probably this weekend.

Looks like I'll be doing my 20 minute 1 mile walk by myself tonight. I think SIL is going to bail again. Sister has to work.

DH will be home tonight. YAY! I miss him when he's on 2nd even though I don't like him much. lol jk

May have brought a new member to the "dark side". I explained the whole concept to her, suggested she read Wheat Belly and Primal Blueprint and directed her to this site. She's a half marathoner like me (like I was) and seemed interested. We'll see if she jumps on board.

Currently looking for supplements to replace my antidepressants. Really tired of taking drugs.

The buzzer on my wrist just said it's time to go home! Enjoy your night folks.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with putting it out there - just don't push it or act all-knowing because of it.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Nothing wrong with putting it out there - just don't push it or act all-knowing because of it.
    I'm more concerned about her finding my journal if she visits here. I talk about stuff here that I don't express to any of them at times. It's a safe place for me and I may have ruined that by sending her the link... we'll see.

I've been looking at a site someone mentioned on my thread about supplements for depression. It appears, according to the tests, that I could have a lower functioning thyroid and adrenal fatigue. Pryoluria (sp?) was unlikely as a cause of depression for me. Still researching, but by reading teh suggestions here on which supplements to take and reading up on my current meds and what to avoid, it looks like I'll be supplementing with Zinc, Fish Oil, a B complex, D3 replete and have to ask the pharmacist about B6. I am to avoid magnesium, 5-HTP and L-tryptophan while still taking Lexapro. The Deplin (l-methylfolate) advised against magnesium as it could hinder the absorption of the l-methylfolate. My boss is giving me a 1 hour pass this afternoon, so I'm going to hit the pharmacy on the way home and see what I can learn.

Over lunch I'm gonna walk to the gym, hop on a bike and ride&read. OH! And LHT.

Down another pound... total lost since 3 Jan is 10 lbs... 6 of those have gone in the last 33 days. Yep. Primal works.

Food today:

3 boiled eggs
    2 sausage links
    28 almonds

Primal meatloaf
    Field greens
    cheese
    lemon juice

dinner? unknown as of yet. We'll either go out for steak (if we can find a sitter) or I'll just grill up some steaks at home. I have a hankering for a ribeye today. And I'll probaby get some more of those green beans and make some more homestyle beans (with bacon and butter... yum!). Maybe carrots too b/c steamed carrots are soooo yummy.

Damn, I love food. lol

Today I'm greatly mouth hungry. I want to eat lunch just to eat. I'm not hungry at all, but want to eat. Damn habits that are so stinking hard to break!!

I guess I'll use this time to go to the gym instead to avoid the food.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Have you mentioned that you journal on the site? Also, it took me about 6 months before I even clued in that there ARE journals. She might be a slow learner, too. If not, maybe you could remove your place info, and/or change your name so that it is less likely she'll connect them with you.

She's pretty technologically slow... lol We have to explain so many things to her all the time.

I already listed my food for today. All that's left is what I did for exercise.

I LHT - push-ups, pull-ups, squats and back extensions/side bends on the roman chair.
    Walk to and from the gym (nearly 1 mile)
    Walk tonight with my sister and kids (1 mile)

In-laws ordered pizza tonight and invited us to some. I told them I had been wheat free for 3 1/2 weeks and wasn't about to break it now, and definitely not on pizza. Told them I lost 6 lbs in 33 days and 2 inches off my midsection. DH even spoke up and was supporting the lifestyle! I was shocked!! He even said that he would pass on pizza for the dinner I was making (ribeyes, steamed carrots with butter, fresh green beans with bacon, garlic and butter). He talked up my homemade french fries in coconut oil! So proud!! THAT is a NSV!!

Picked up some zinc, cod liver oil, B12 and D3 from the pharmacy today. Talked with the pharmacist and he confirmed that all were safe with my current meds, but I should maybe avoid the multi now. That's fine... one less pill. Oh, and he said with the cod liver oil, I won't need the other fish oil I'm taking, so I can eliminate 4 pills, I guess. He asked me why I want to stop taking my antidepressant and I told him I'm tired of being drugged. He said that is fine as long as I think I can get along fine without it. I think I can, just nervous about the withdrawal effects and the transition to no-drugs and learning to deal with the down moments/mood shifts without meds.

Anyhow... today has been a great day. I think in a little bit I'll get a big bowl of strawberries, some whipped cream, and coconut to finish off the night. Such a YUMMY snack!

PS, where does everyone get coconut cream???

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Jenn, go down slowly on your meds, never stop completely from one day to another! Just cut down slowly. This is how I'm doing it with my pain meds too, I'm down now from 3 pills/day (1800mg) to half a pill/day (300mg)! But when I "forgot" my meds a few days some time ago, I felt really dizzy and shaky from withdrawal.
    I've been on cymbalta a few years ago (this is an anti-depressant, but I had it as pain medication) and have really suffered withdrawal from that one, OMG! But then again, I started FEELING things again, I was on an emotional rollercoaster and although it wasn't always a pleasant one I was so happy I had emotions again!
    Hope you can cut down your meds and feel great!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)