Page 126 of 593 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 126

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Check out my nutritionally perfect day!! I LOVE IT!!

Todays Meals.jpg
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Just saw my runnin' doc... she says I can increase to three 10 minute runs a week. Sweet!!

On a side note, though, I am really a sad panda today. THE Quad Cities Marathon (THE is all caps on purpose - that's how the organizers spell it) is this weekend. Last year I signed up for the half marathon, and sadly had to walk it because my calf was giving me fits. This year, I'm in no shape to even WALK it, so I have to take a pass. I haven't done a single half marathon this year and it's sad to me. Anyhow, the run travels across the island that I work on so there are pink and blue directional markings and mile markers all over the place. I am a really sad panda b/c I'm seeing these markings and really remorseful that I am not trained. I know that taking this break from running was necessary to help me lose weight and fix running related injuries/preinjuries, but this really sucks. It's the 15th anniversary one too, so there's a really cool medal. I've missed out on a LOT of really cool medals this year... Sad panda...

But, after completing two 10 minute miles this week, I am hopeful that my running injury days may be coming to a close and I'll be able to compete (not that I was much competition) again next year. I am desperately seeking that sub-3 hour half marathon finish. And would REALLY like to complete a full marathon as well, but that is further off in the future...

Skipped the protein at lunch today. Had a Steamfresh bag of green beans with some kerrygold and now I'm hungry again...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    At least your Q is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    At least your Q is good.
    haha it went back up 2 lbs... I think my lowest was a fluke deal - dehydrated or something.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You'll get back to those marathons! Just be patient. This is only one year - even if it is an especially good one medal wise. There will be other special ones to come.

Keep up that planning and implementing - you can do it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Why's it got to be so cold this morning!?! 48 degrees. I'm NOT ready for winter.

Just got the holiday calendar for the next year. We get 10 holidays and 2 mandatory days off work over the next year. Sweet. The mandatory days off kind of suck b/c as a civilian, I have to take leave for those days, but at least I know my leave won't be denied... The military get 20 days off this year (holidays and the day before as a "training holiday"). Never in my 9 years of service to the Army did I get a "training" holiday prior to a holiday... I think our branch of the army screwed us... lol

Last night there was lots of play. At least an hour. We were at MIL's house. The kids found a tennis ball and started playing catch with FIL, then a football and soccer ball got added to the mix. In between football passes with Brad, I was chasing Makenna around. She had the tennis ball and thought that someone needed to be chasing her. She'll be my football player, whereas I think Brady will be my soccer player... so basically, neither will get to play sports b/c soccer's not offered in our school and girls aren't allowed to play football (well, maybe they are but it's not commonplace, so we'd probably ahve to fight the school board on it).

I'm really thinking 184 was a fluke dehydration deal. I can't seem to shake 186. Probably time to tighten up the diet again. Go zero sugar again. This last week I've allowed some sugar in... some almonds with roasted coconut with cane syrup or something as the binder (I was uber pissed b/c I got these from a bulk bin at the health food store and later found a fly larva crawling around in the bag. Of course, grossed out I was done eating them, and planned to return the bag and the creature to the store, but I haven't yet and probably won't. I just won't buy anything in bulk from them again... I'll make my own roasted coconut almonds - which were amazing by the way). And last night 4 gluten free cookies that MIL made. They were delicious. Sad that the baking mix included cornstarch. Gonna have to concoct my own baking mix I think. But then again, having cookies at the house is probably a bad idea...

Got up at 6 this morning. It's a step in the right direction. Showered, coated myself in coconut oil, made my breakfast (bacon and overhard eggs) and whipped up a breakfast for Brady - sausage links and 2 over easy eggs. He ate the sausage and part of his eggs before saying he was full. Both kids got up at 6 as well. They watched cartoons while I showered. We didn't get out the door any earlier, but it was nice knowing Brady went to school with a paleo breakfast in him.

Only working a half day today so I can donate blood at 1230 and there's some work to do before then, so I better get to it. I hope everyone has a great Friday. I can't believe how quickly the week went by!

Oh, and probably no run for me today. Dr. Lake said I could bump up to 3x per week 10 minutes max, but since I'm leaving early, I won't have lunch to use, and after I donate they'll tell me no strenuous activity, so probably no run for today. Which makes me sad, but my legs are still a bit talkative after my last run. Might be good to rest them a bit more. Maybe I'll get out for a run tomorrow.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Nice work with your morning!

Your holiday schedule is confusing to me. Are those 10 holidays scheduled, or floating? What are those 2 mandatory days?

I wonder when we'll get next year's schedule. Probably not till closer to November, I can't remember when we got it last year. I've heard whispers about us getting a few floating holidays next year. We have 10 company holidays.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats on a morning that worked!
    Our holiday schedule is in the employee manual, but I don't know how they handle weekend holidays.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome