Page 125 of 590 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 125

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I need to find a way to reduce my protein but keep my fats high. I will continue with low carb. I read on Paleo for Women that protein promotes anxiety in women, and read in Primal Blueprint Primal Mind that too much protein is turned into glucose and spurs and insulin response. Excessive insulin causes insulin resistance, which promotes cortisol production... It seems there is such a delicate balance. So, time to tweek. Like Nameless said, not sure what will be left to eat after I cut protein down... bacon grease and veggies, i guess... lol
    You could try making "crepes" using eggs. Scramble up the eggs, maybe adding in a few extra yolks, pour into the pan and let it sit until you can turn it without it breaking - then turn and cook the other side - you can fill it with cheese and meats and veggies. I made one the other day just with cheese. it was good. Eggs are HIGH in fat, but not so great on protein so they're perfect - and adding extra yolks just adds more fat.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I thought about that, Tomi. I can actually set it to repeat one song... considered. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Jenn, how old are your children?

When my kids were little(6-8 mo) and learning to stand, they would stand up in their cribs at night and not be able to get back down. They would cry out needing help. When this happened several times in one night I spent a lot of time the next few days teaching them how to get back down. After that they didn't cry out.

I say this to suggest teaching your daughter how to cover herself back up after kicking off her blankets. Not sure what to suggest for your son since, except for the standing issues, my kids were great sleepers.

Depending on age, have you considered daytime consequences. Something like-- Nighttime is for sleeping. You can always wake me up if you NEED me because your sick, have a nightmare, it's an emergency or ....

Waking me up just to change the song is not a need. If I'm awakened for things that are not an emergency then you can't do ABC the next day. So, while I'm always here for you and will come if you call I want you to think about if it's worth not being able to have/do ABC the next day.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    OH! I see Tracy476 found you too! Aren't we special!

I wanted to tell you that the supplements that I take from my doc are pretty heavy duty pills. I take 2 pills every morning and here are the ingredients:
    vit. c - 500 mg (I also take an additional 1000 mg)
    b-1 100 mg (6,667%)
    b-2 100 mg (5,882%)
    b-6 100 mg (5,000%)
    b-12 500 mcg (8,333%)
    b-5 100 mg (1,000%)
    folate 400 mcg (100%)
    biotin 100 mcg (33%)
    niacinamide 100 mg (500%)
    lemon bioflavonoids
    choline
    inositol
    PABA
    Adrenal Concentrate

The last ones don't give the %age so I didn't bother to put the mg. It says they don't have a %age established.

I hope I'm not peeing out what my body isn't absorbing ---- that would suck! cuz they cost $36 for a 60 day supply. I need to ask doc how long she wants me taking them.
    Last edited by tomi; 09-19-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I love thrift stores! We have one excellent one near us, and two pretty good ones, so we are lucky in this regard. It has gotten so even the sale clothes at Target seem too expensive to me. And half the time I go in to get a new pack of underwear, they don't have my size/style in any case. Grrr, Target! But they have such good prices on other things, I keep being sucked back.

SO GLAD we don't need to buy snowsuits down here! They just SOUND expensive.

Good job on getting your money situation under control. It is fantastic that you have a Christmas fund all set to go. I'm proud of you.

Correction, Sabine... I have the Christmas PLAN all set and ready to go. The money hasn't been paid to us yet, so it's not in savings... on paper it's there, but in reality, not yet...

I have the same problem with Walmart that you have with Target... never have my size in what I need.

Marcadav, my son is 5, my daughter is 2. She knows how to lay herself down. She knows how to cover herself up. The problem is that when she's fussing that she's cold, she's not actually awake, just whining in her sleep. I had to go to her once last night to cover her back up.

Son slept through the night last night. VERY nice. He woke up at 6, hollered to me, but I wasn't ready to get up yet so I told him to go back to sleep. At 6:15 he saw lights on, hollered to me again, and asked if it was time to get up. I said yes and he said "wow, that was a short night". lol Goofy kid.

I told him no tv til he was dressed, so he got dressed (slowly, but still got dressed). Then he sat down to eat and I told him no cartoons til he was done eating... he told me he was full so I made him eat 4 more spoonfuls of his cereal and turned the tv on. Once cartoons came on, he was less cooperative and responsive to my requests, so we had a talk about it in the car on the way to school about how Mommy doesn't get frustrated and won't feel the need to raise her voice if he would cooperate and do what I ask in the mornings instead of ignoring me. He apologized for 'being bad' and I told him he wasn't bad, just uncooperative and I need him to cooperate.

Anyhow... long story short, I still didn't get up at 5:30, but the kid got breakfast.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Progress.

Plans-so easy to make, somewhat harder to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Plans-so easy to make, somewhat harder to complete.
    Story of my life...

Working on my resume today... I need to submit the resume to a company in a field in which I have zero work experience so I have to reformat it to put my education first and work experience last as work experience is not important in this case. I also took out the descriptions of my job duties b/c since the jobs aren't relevant to the one I'd like to get, the description is just clutter. This takes my resume down to 1 page... which is really weird for me. It's making me realize that I really don't do much of anything outside of work and home... My volunteer work dates back to 2004 when I was on the fire department... nothing more.

man... can't I just fill out an application? It's so much easier than trying to sell myself with a resume...

I put that I was a fundraiser for both the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Miles for Muscles for a short time... that'll at least boost that portion a bit... *sigh*