Page 111 of 593 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 111

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Nothing like a visit to the doc to get us back on track! Hope the ankle is feeling better soon! LC W30 sounds like a great idea.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Let me know what you think of PBPM, that's on my wish list.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tash, I've been sharing a lot of exerpts from the book on Facebook. They appear as links if you want to go through my page and see what I've posted so far. I learned I can copy text on my kindle and share it... Look out Facebook! This reader will be sharing a LOT of useful Paleo information!!

Today I have a paper to write for class. I didn't get the materials read so I'm going to just skim through and pick out some stuff to write about. I also have to make a trip to Greatest Grains (the vegan health food joint near work) to pick up another bottle of Tart Cherry and see if I can find some l-glutamine (is that what it is). I read online (on the International Paleo Movement Group) that l-glutamine cna help with sugar withdrawals. I want to tackle the sugar before I move on to VLC... I expect some VLC to occur simply by cutting sugar itself, but before I go full blown 10% carbs, I want to ensure I've got this sugar thing licked or it's going to create problems, I'll fail at keeping myself at 10% and that'll just stress me out to the point of binging.

So this weekend, I ate whatever sugary thing I wanted so that I could get any possible cravings out of my system before starting. I had Cinnamon Chex, a whole box of vanilla ice cream and 3 cans of Mt. Dew. I think I might have had a couple of Hunts Snack Paks too (pudding packs)... Honestly, I think that's the brunt of it... I can't seem to remember much of anything else.

My ankle is still significantly sore. Doing a calf stretch is IMPOSSIBLE right now due to the tightness in my ankle. It's swollen too - except the swollen part isn't squishy like if it was fluid retention - it's hard and tender to the touch. Spoke with Dr. Lake on Facebook about it and she thinks it's 100% diet related and not a running injury. She asked me what kind of food choices I'd been making and whether or not I'd been staying true to Paleo. I admitted that I had not been and she believes that if I cut the sugar - and all the things that come with sugar - I should see a marked improvement in the way my ankle feels in just a couple of days. I hope so b/c it really truly hurts. Walking is ok... standing is what bothers it the most. And crossing my feet. That hurts too. And occasionally it throbs. And I know she's right. It's diet related. The pain started about 2 days after I started cheating on my whole30 and had my little free-for-alls that I got scolded for by Primegal on the Whole30 page (you know, being insensitive to those who are really trying to stick to the rules by talking about my failures... *eye roll*).

Anyhow, today is Day 1 sugar free. I want to do at least 14 days sugar free before I attempt VLC. I wonder how L-glutamine works on sugar withdrawals and the mood aspect of it. I heard it helps with the moodiness. Guess I have some research to do, huh?

Once I'm 14 days sugar free, I'll start looking at VLC, high fat and moderate protein. Might even consider how to reintroduce berries as my choice of fruit... but berry season is quickly coming to an end, so they'll get too expensive before too long.

One last thing - I found the coveted Kerry Gold butter at my HyVee last night. Someone said Walmart also carries it, so I'm going to look in the bigger walmarts around here b/c I know my itty bitty super walmart doesn't carry it. They have the tiniest gluten free section and I haven't found any other Paleo-esque items there except coconut oil in the baking section (refined only). Our walmart just isn't grasping that niche... probably because it's a small niche in relationship to it's general population and our HyVee has been doing a REALLY good job of covering down on that niche for us by offering uncured bacon, a HUGE gluten free/organic processed foods section (I know, not ideal, but it serves its purpose for many), and now, KERRY GOLD BUTTER. But it's EXPENSIVE! $6 for an 8 oz block!! I tried to find it cheaper online, but it's not to be found based on my research... so unless Walmart has it, the KG might have to be a special "sometimes" treat. But I love my HyVee b/c I asked for Creamed Coconut and recently I discovered it has been stocked, and the price is competitive to the Vegan store I'd been getting it at. They even carry grass-fed lamb and grass-fed ground beef - again, at a premium price, but it's there. They're expanding the store and according to one of the gentlemen in the meat department, the grass-fed meat options will also be expanding. I'm excited to see what plans they have for the store and us in our little niche here.

Anyhow, better work on my paper. Have a great day all!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on VLC. I am doing essentially the same. Staying under 50g C.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Maybe it's inadequate sleep (both kids were up and down all night long making it impossible to sleep for longer than an hour at a time), maybe it's poor diet, maybe it's stress produced by personal issues and external factors, or maybe it's a combination of it all, but I feel positively depressed today. I have no ambition, no desires to accomplish anything, no enthusiasm for even breathing today. I know what the primary stressor is and I don't want to get into it for two reasons: 1.) lack of privacy and 2.) I don't want to cry at work <-- this one being the biggest reason so please don't PM me about it. I appreciate the concern, but really really REALLY don't want to talk about it while at work.

Pumping in the mood boosting supplements in hopes that I can at least fake it today... Considering therapy but scared to take that first step... the whole admiting there's a problem thing...

L-Glutamine & Chromium to reduce Sugar cravings? - PaleoHacks.com

Some clips from how Julia Ross uses L-Glutamine in there. I've been following Gutsense's suggestions in terms of using L-Glutamine for gut health, which means 1 serving (4,500mg in the powder I bought from VitaminShoppe or Vitacost, 1 tsp is 1 serving) mixed into water 30 min before a meal in the morning. I also take it with vitamin C, a tsp of raw ACV, and a couple of Acidophilus capsules. I repeat after work (at least 2 hrs after I've last eaten), before dinner. So that's 9,000mg a day, but for sugar cravings, it's generally recommended to dissolve a small amount under the tongue every few hours.

And in response to what you just posted, yes the first step sucks. Think it over, it's always your choice. I hope your day improves!

Cupcake4248 is offline Member
    Jen...Walmart doesn't carry Kerrygold (I work there) I get Organic Valley's Pasture butter from Hyvee...It's moderately priced at about 3.50 in the Silvis Hyvee (I know you probably shop in Dport). Btw I'm not stalking you lol I just know where you live from posts about the arsenal and from Spark
    Striving to be a better, healthier, Stronger me!
    SW:176
    SPW: 125
    CW: 121
    GW:

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Jenn --- I'm wondering if you're sugar binge is now causing a crash! Maybe that has a little to do with feelings of depression and stuff? It might take a couple days for your body to clean out all that sugar and balance out again?

Hope you get it sorted out..........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake4248 View Post
    Jen...Walmart doesn't carry Kerrygold (I work there) I get Organic Valley's Pasture butter from Hyvee...It's moderately priced at about 3.50 in the Silvis Hyvee (I know you probably shop in Dport). Btw I'm not stalking you lol I just know where you live from posts about the arsenal and from Spark
    I know... lol I shop at the Muscatine HyVee. I've gotten the Organic Valley's Pastured butter but found the Kerry Gold and wanted to know what the fuss was about b/c it seems like anybody who is anybody in the paleo world uses KG. lol I was considering the Walmart on Elmore since it's big and in that Bettendorf neighborhood, and because the KG website says Sam's on Elmore carries it. I figured if Sam's carries it, the nearby Walmart might as well...