Page 11 of 585 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 11

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I remember those crappy nights with small children. It does get better, Jenn, if it's any consolation . And then it gets worse again, when they start going out (my oldest son went out all by himself for the first time on Friday evening! He was home by 2 am like we said, which is awesome 'cause he's always late!).
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Wow... a 2 am curfew... you're generous! lol Mine was midnight, even after I moved to college and would come home for a visit.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how it is over there, but here in Belgium (Western Europe in general) the 'places to go' are just empty until 10 - 11 pm .
    And one of his friend's mom was picking them up by car, so I knew he would be home safely .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Yay!!! My first spam bot!!!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    LOL @ Jenn and the spambot Hope you are having a terrific day.. Just stopping in to say hey

I have decided on dinner. Coconut Chicken Nuggets (you can find them here: Coconut Chicken Nuggets with Paleo “BBQ” Sauce : Multiply Delicious- The Food)

They look absolutely scrumptious!! If you're counting calories, though, 1 of 4 servings is 555 calories... I know calories don't count when you're dining in Primal, but I'm having a tough time letting them go...

I'm hoping my son will like them. He's really picky about chicken nuggets. I have tried many variations before with little to no luck. Hoping these prove differently for him. I will probably grind the coconut in the food processor though so that it's fine instead of flakey b/c I think that will bother his texture palate (sp?). He's such a texture phobe... Not sure what to serve on the side b/c, again, he's a picky little cuss.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    those sound great!! Did you know you could buy Coconut Flour? Its kinda expensive but if you like coconut you would probably like it. I don't care for the taste...but then I don't like coconut. Coconut oil tho is yummy cause it doesn't taste like coconut!!! Hope he likes them!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    You always remember your first.

I have coconut flour at home, actually. I use it in my cream cheese pancakes to give them less of an eggy texture and more of a pancakey texture. I will try coconut flour instead. Then I won't have to get the food processor out - it's REALLY loud and entirely too small for my needs.

Holy dead arms! I did some sprints on the treadie (1 min at 7 mph, 1 min at 3.5 mph, alternating for 2 miles), then decided I'd LHT. That HT was me... I did inclined pushups using a barbell at waist height, then did some back extensions b/c I absolutely abhor planks, and then did some pullups on the assisted pullup machine. Holy shit I'm dead! My arms are soooo tired now. I don't normally LHT on the same day that I do sprints, but decided to today. I wanted to feel strong and I wanted to sprint, so that's what I did. Aye yai yai... I don't think I'll be able to lift up my wee-est one tonight... I didn't do my yogi stretches though and I know I'm going to completely regret that in like 2 more hours... that piriformis muscle is going to tighten right up and squeeze on that sciatic nerve and I'll be a hurtin unit... maybe I'll get down on the floor in my office and get a couple of stretches in...

brb

Ok, I'm back... Not feeling much better b/c I was interrupted by work... grrr. Dang work gets in the way ALL the time!

I seriously think I need to work out in the mornings b/c I always feel so great after I finish a workout. And I'm always so wide awake the rest of the day - which is why I cannot workout at night... bad deal. Me be up all night long!! lol

ANNNNNYhow... I have a paper to write for class tomorrow night, so I think I better get on it. Have a fantastic Monday afternoon.

Change of plans... no chicken nuggets for dinner. The grocery was out of ground chicken, so that one's gonna have to wait til another day. Instead we had brats (kids had hot dogs) and sauerkraut. Yum! Skipped lunch. Ate entirely too much early in the day to be hungry for lunch so I had an unplanned IF of like 11 hours or so. Started to get hungry as the afternoon went on, so I drank some tea to temporarily satisfy my tummy.

I really can't believe how well this lifestyle works for me.