Page 104 of 577 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5761

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 104

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate View Post
    As a guy, I love to watch women run but not for the reasons you ladies might think. Instead of watching things that jiggle, I love to watch a woman's pony tail do circles as she runs.
    That's awesome!

See, Sabine, not everyone notices the jiggle.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Heehee. Ponytails circles ARE pretty awesome.

Frustrated vent:

I know that with weight loss comes plateaus. I accept that. What I don't accept is that I have to 'wait it out'. If I wait it out and it takes months, how do I know that I could have done something to shorten it? On the W30 thread, the group is telling me to be patient and wait it out. I know their intentions are good, but hearing that is annoying at best. I've read (while following CW) that every 4 weeks your body adapts to what you're doing and to continue seeing results you have to change things up.

So, after 5 months of following Primal/Paleo, and completing (almost) two whole30's for a total weight loss of 32 lbs, my body has come to a screeching halt. I know things are still "working" b/c my body is still getting smaller. But I didn't set a size goal... I set a weight goal of 182... at 182, I get to purchase my entry into a half marathon as my reward.

I'm 7 lbs away... 7 lbs away from my pre-baby weight. It has taken 6 years to find a system/way of eating/exercising that works and will get me there... I'm 7 lbs away and STUCK. 7 lbs. Based on the experiences I'd had with my last two w30's, I had expected to lose that and then some this time around and blow that goal out of the water... it's annoying that I'm not going to reach that goal.

What baffles me the most is that weight loss didn't slow... it just STOPPED. Hit a brick wall and stopped. I'd be more accepting of this if it had slowed and allowed for at few pounds lost at least... but it just stopped.

So naturally, I'm scrutinizing my diet and what I am doing differently this time that I wasn't doing during previous W30's. The only difference is the fruit I'm eating. Before I was eating copious amounts of watermelon and now I'm eating strawberries/pineapple and coconut milk "ice cream". I mentioned that I was going to switch back to watermelon since that's the only thing that's changed, and commented that maybe by giving up the watermelon, I reduced my fluid intake too much and that's why I'm not losing. I mentioned that I was going to experiment and see if replacing my "ice cream" with watermelon would make any kind of difference. I mean, everything's an experiment right? Try it out, see what happens. With any luck, the weight will start falling again. If not, no harm, no foul, get back to life.

I'm venting this here b/c I don't think they understand exactly what I'm going for here. Yes, the scale weight is bothering me. But it's not so much the actual number as its the sudden STOPPING of all weight loss. I went from 10 lbs lost in 23 days to 10 more pounds lost in 25 days, to ZERO pounds lost in 19 days. That to me is bothersome because it makes no sense that it would just abruptly stop and not taper or slow a bit. Just stopped.

So, I'm going to recreated the conditions of my first two whole 30's and see if anything changes. If not, ok... hopefully running/LHT will help. The whole30 has always been a weight loss tool for me. I know it's a "health" tool, but I have already converted my diet to be primal so I don't need a "health" tool. I already have one. If this doesn't work, I'll accept that I have plateaued and will keep working to bust through it. But for now, this is the attempt I am going to make and hopefully it works. It's an experiment.

Ok. vent over.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Good vent! Whole30 is generally a conversion tool, IMO, or a way to get on track with health. So you are right that the thread here is probably not going to fully understand your concerns on fat loss right now. I like the sound of your experiment and hope it works out well for you!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Another theory - unrelated to weight loss.

I'm not sure how long it's been now since I quit taking Lexapro (I could probably figure it out, but eh...) - I'm guessing about 6-8 weeks or so. Anyhow, I'm still experiencing withdrawal effects (zaps). Someone told me that Lexapro is fat soluable and once the liver is done with it, the waste is stored in the fat cells. If this is true, then I've come across another theory...

I am noticing a trend... when I'm ketogenic, I zap a lot. When I'm eating carbs, I do not zap as much, if at all. And since I zap when in a ketogenic state, this leads me to believe that what I was told is true.

Which also means that I'll be zapping for a long freaking time.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I didn't even think of the Lexapro. I hope it clears from your system quickly, but safely.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks, Tash, but I've been on some form of antidepressant since 2003 off and on until 2005 when I went on it fulltime. And I've been gaining all of my weight since then as well, so I imagine ALL of my excess fat is riddled with an antidepressant waste product of some sort and will make its appearance as time goes on.

My run today has me all sorts of wired even though the run itself was less than inspiring. I think my body is tired from all the work I've made it do this week between running 3x and lifting once. Plus, I've been in a pretty solid ketogenic state most of the week, so I would imagine my glucose stores are running low. But then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. But seriously, carbs have been roughly 50 mg a day. That's 200 calories worth of carbs a day, and running burns up more than 200 calories (for me anyway), so it's my theory that my legs are draggin' b/c they're low on carbs.

Which begs the question... what's for dinner... hmmm... Not sure. I have some chicken legs in the fridge that need to get cooked up before they go bad. And I have a head of cauliflower, but we just had cauliflower and broccoli last night. hmmm... I suppose we could have potatoes... again... Maybe I'll roast them in the oven this time instead of pan frying or "french frying". I guess it's all still up in the air... and actually, come to think of it, steak sounds REALLY good. I remember walking by the "Outdoor Grille" after my run thinking it smelled like steak and that it smelled damn good. Bone-in pork chops sound good too. Guess I better text Brad and see what he wants. Hopefully it coincides with what I want.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I fully support your right to vent and I understand your frustration with the full stop on weight loss. You have been so "good". I think the gang on the W30 thread want to fix your feelings with encouragement, especially impala who as a man wants to fix stuff.

Sometimes its just important to be able to unload without friends trying to help. I would tap you with my magical weightloss wand if I could.

Hell, if I had a magical weightloss wand I'd be thin myself and filthy rich.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    From Paula's journal...
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Good luck vibes to the hubby! It's be a desire of mine for a long time to be an ER nurse. I even made the decision to go back to school for nursing and got my pre-reqs out of the way, then learned that the nursing programs in our area are "full time" which means you can't hold a job (well, at least not a 1st shift job - and I had a good job being active duty National Guard), and Brad and I couldn't afford for me to leave my job... so I let that dream go to the back burner. It's still there, simmering, so maybe someday I can fulfill that desire. I can retire from here in 18 years, and by that point I'll only be in my early 50's. Never to late to learn a new skill, right?
    My mom is in her mid-50s and started nursing school last year. She's been an MA for over 20 years and has always dreamed of being an RN. She's the oldest student by far. But, she's rocking the program. It's HARD, but she loves it. I'm so proud of her. Anyway, all of that to tell you yes, it's never too late.
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I posted on the above in my own journal, but I'll repeat it here. My husband got his RN 4 months before his 50th birthday. He wanted to be a nurse since he graduated HS, but was discouraged at every turn.