Page 103 of 593 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 103

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Kalli's journal made me think of this...

Last night, standing in my undies in front of the mirror, I realized that my butt has definition now, and I think it's b/c my thighs have gotten smaller. You can see an outward curve where the hammie muscle lives, then a curve inward (or rather toward the front), then another outward curve where the butt starts... that inward curve never used to be there. It was a happy momemt for me. Maybe I'll take a picture (in jeans) to illustrate. Maybe.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    No, we want to see the underwear. JK

Running - You make some good points. I was never taught how to run. Running to me means gym class in HS and every year trying to do the presidential fitness mile trial while being 30 lbs overweight and a smoker (from the age of twelve).
    Now that I think about it, every time I have done sprinting sessions a la Sisson, I have felt like Wonder Woman afterwards.

Your project sounds wonderful. We need something similar for new teachers to our district.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I don't know how to run either. Boyfriend said he'd teach me someday, but I really don't like it because of how difficult it is for me right now. Maybe when my cardio is better (from biking), I'll give Couch to 5k a shot.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I also hated running in high school (and in the Army) because I was a smoker. In the Army (for training) they forced us to quit smoking, and running got a hell of a lot easier (I ran 2 miles in 17:13 at one point - I was dying, but I did it), but once I left training, the first thing I did was buy a Hostess Ding Dong, a donut, Burger King and a pack of smokes. Consumed all the food on the 20 minute drive to the airport.

Then I quit smoking again in 2004 when Brad and I moved in together and at some point started back up again. In 2005, I stopped again b/c I refused to smoke in my wedding dress and didn't want cigarettes to be on my mind all day. Then I started again in 2007 after my son was born b/c I was selected to deploy for a year when he was only 3 months old. Then quit again at some point, then became a closet smoker until some point in 2008, at which time I finally kicked the habit for good. Haven't smoked since December 27, 2008.

In the time that I was a closet smoker (2004-2005 - during wedding planning) I was running. In 2007, I was supposed to run a half marathon with a friend, but got a respiratory infection near the end of training, so I didn't finish and didn't run the race. (It was after this time, I think, that I picked up smoking again b/c we were nearing our departure date for deployment - I didn't end up going b/c I didn't clear medical thanks to the mental health issues I was experiencing). In 2008 and 2009 I did a little running. End of 2009, I was pregnant with my daughter and did NO exercise. In 2010, starting in July, I ran and ran and ran and ran and ran. In 2011, I completed 6 half marathons and a 20k (12.4 miles). I also spent all of 2011 with some form of running injury. Stopped running in February 2012 to heal. Now I'm back b/c I want to improve on those races I ran.

Anyhow... that's the backstory, I guess, on my smoking and running history. lol

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I quit something like 10 yrs ago. My college buddy was still a smoker when she was single, so every time I visited her I would smoke all weekend and come home with a cough and a great bar room smell. Ah, the good old days.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Can I ask why you "hate" running?
    *hand raised in earnest* "OH ME ME - PICK ME!!" ............... I hate running because everything jiggles and bounces and because you have to do it out in public where other people are watching everything jiggling and bouncing!!!

thats why I hate running.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm confused........... are you currently serving in the military? Either way - thanks for serving our country - as messed up as it is! I knew you worked on a military base - but I thought you were a civilian employee - didn't realize you had been/are a soldier! You have my gratitude!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I am prior service. I did 9 years. Now I work as a civilian. Thank you.

As for everything jiggling... everyone jiggles. Even the skinny chicks jiggle. There are clothes that reduce jiggle - spandex under your shorts reduces jiggle in the butt and thighs and adds an extra "slick" layer to prevent chaffing. And you can wear tankini type tops under tshirts to reduce jiggle in the upper area.

And honestly, no one will notice your jiggle... do you notice the jiggle when you see girls running?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Umm, yes.
    I notice the jiggle.
    My honey notices the jiggle.
    I'm afraid almost everyone notices the jiggle.
    Because it is jiggly!

Primate is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As a guy, I love to watch women run but not for the reasons you ladies might think. Instead of watching things that jiggle, I love to watch a woman's pony tail do circles as she runs.