Page 102 of 593 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 102

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OMG that felt amazing! I had planned on doing 1 min run/1 min walk intervals today, but I felt strong and capable despite the DOMS so I did 2 min run/1 min walk intervals. I stopped after 10 run intervals, but could have kept going. It's so comforting to know I didn't lose all of my 'work' when I took my break that started in February!

The best part is that normally, well, previously, I would have dreaded the end of my 1 min walk. Today I couldn't wait for it to end so I could speed up again. Previously, I would dread the next step on the C25k plan, but now I'm itching to move forward. I don't think it'll take 9 weeks for me to be running 3 miles again. I am so happy to be feeling this way!

I have never felt this good after running before. I used to always be tired, worn out, fatigued and useless. Why do I feel so much better now? Is it because I'm eating the right foods? Is it b/c my body is better at heat regulation? Is it because my body is fat adapted? Really curious b/c running used to REALLY run me down, but I did it anyway b/c it was "good for weight loss". Your thoughts?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    As long as it feels good --- go for it! Just listen to your body! (Isn't that what mark would say?? -- I do believe I'm a convert!)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

The only problem is that with running you can easily overdo it b/c you FEEL like you can but your body isn't really ready for it. it's called overtraining and is a big cause of injuries in those of us who don't know how to reign it in... like me. I spent all of last year starting November 2010 with some sort of running injury. The biggest difference between then and now is footwear and weight. I was never below 190 when I was running all those halves - in fact, with probably all of them, I was at 200 lbs or more.

That might also by why it's so easy now... my muscles are used to running with 200 lbs of weight and now it's running with 189.

But yes, you're right. Listen to your body... which is what I'm doing now. Because my arms are really sore today, and I am afraid to run 2 days in a row even when fully trained, tomorrow will be a walk day.

So then -- I must ask........ why run? That has always been a question of mine when I see someone who is always running. Why?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Because it's liberating. Just me and the road. Me and my thoughts. No one interrupts.

Because it's challenging. Not everyone is a runner b/c it's difficult and challenging. It's a mental struggle with every step. The challenge is fun to tackle. And it floors everyone when you tell them you run 13.1 miles for fun. One day I'll show that I'm fully crazy by running 26.2 for fun.

Because of the endorphins afterwards. Nothing in my world has ever felt better than running further than the day before. Especially if it was a really good run. If it was a bad run, then next time is even more important so that you can undo the bad run. But those good runs... those are great b/c they make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.

there's the weight loss aspect of it...

But mostly, because I can.

okay - i would like the endorphine part of it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I agree tomi, I have always hated running, but am impressed by those people who do. Run Jenn Run!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I hated running too... then I learned I was doing it wrong. Starting out too fast, primarily. Expecting more from myself in the beginning. Once I learned how to slow down to a pace that still allowed me to talk, things got easier. Running got easier and enjoyable. If you can't talk, you're going to fast...

Can I ask why you "hate" running?

Today's numbers

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yesterday's run really helped my legs. They feel amazing today. A little sore, but not anything like they were yesterday! Today is a walk day. No upper body stuff for today. Just reaching back for my seatbelt was a challenge because of the soreness in my tris after Tuesday's workout. Holy moly!

I logged my meals for the last two days in an effort to ensure I'm getting enough protein to repair my muscles. Today's numbers look REALLY good. Low carb, high protein, moderate fat. Perfect. I looks like my calories are rather low, but that's a lot of food on there!

Nothing much planned for today except to start working on my project. I have a class called Work Based Action Project that requires me to find a project at work to start and complete - it's so I get project management experience. They've got me looking for inefficiencies in the inprocessing (what soldiers have to do to get squared away prior to starting a new assignment), outprocessing (what soldiers have to do to get clearance to leave the facility to move on to their next assignment), define a Commander's Critical Incident Report criteria (define what kind of incident is worthy of waking the commander at 2 am and what can wait til the next morning and what information that report is to include), policy letters (sexual harrassment, etc), battle rhythm (defined as "what do we do each day, and when does it happen) - includes a meeting matrix to include all the meetings that take place, who attends them, when they occur, etc, and set the criteria for trip reports (when someone travels to another facility to perform a duty, we expect a trip report of what happened and how it went). I think I'll also include a synopsis of each section regarding what that section does for the Army (because I'm clueless what we do here - even after a year, so likely new soldiers will be clueless too) that can be handed out to incoming soldiers to bring them up to speed about each section and what it's purpose is. All of this will be packaged in one binder known as the DMC Operations Book... It will take a while, and it's going to be difficult and will require me to make appointments with people to learn how things work. It'll be good for me.

I see three benefits:
    1. Busy work. I'm always so bored at work.
    2. Knowledge base - I'll get smarter about what we do here and can answer questions as they arise for newbies.
    3. It'll create something for the soldiers who come on-board. Our organization works WAY differently than any other military facility and that catches a lot of people off-guard when they first come on board.

Anyhow, that's my plan for today. To start that monster.