Page 101 of 555 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5549

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 101

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Forgot to mention that I'm rubbing off on Brad... a friend of his on facebook commented that she wasn't feeling good and complained of ulcers or something. Brad said his first thought was "I wonder what her diet is like." He said second thought was "I bet her ulcers would go away if she changed her diet." hehehehehe I love it when a plan comes together!! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You make me giggle at your excitement for running.......... I've always wanted to be a runner - but never had the stamina for it. And at my age - I don't think I'll be giving it a try.

I think the advice on the whole30 is probably right on. Our bodies do get used to things and they don't respond the same after a bit. I'm wondering if throwing in some new foods might help shake things up? Try a meat that you've never had or change up your veggies? I don't know - maybe you already have a wide variety and it wouldn't make any difference. It sounds like you're getting enough carbs though.

It'll happen -- let your body adjust to this new weight and then I'm sure it will start to drop again.
    Last edited by tomi; 08-14-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I need a longer lunch break. Right now, it's 30 minutes plus two 10 min breaks, making it 50 minutes long. When I was half marathon training, I used an hour easy, then switched employers (while still working in the same location) and earned the priviledge of skipping my morning and afternoon breaks to add to lunch to use only for wellness/fitness activities. So I got used to that 80 minute lunch... then I stopped half marathon training (and quit going to the gym all together) when I started Primal and gave up 30 minutes by coming in a half hour later. I think I need to readjust my work hours so I can have that 30 minutes back...

I did tris, bis, shoulders and chest today. Ran out of time or I would have done back too. My upper body is rather jello-y. Time for some protein.

Tomorrow is another run day. I'm so excited. My legs feel so good right now. I have to remember NOT to push it or I'll end up screwing up what ease in running I currently have.

HOLY second day DOMS. Lower hammies are talking today... yowza. Still planning to run today - but lightly. It's been my experience that when the DOMS get serious (like are now) it's best to go for a short jog and work them out. I've been stretching the muscles periodically to keep them loosened, but any amount of sitting I do causes them to seize up. Definitely a good idea to go for a slow run today to loosen things again.

Arms are sore as hell too after yesterday's upper body workout. My tris have never been so sore! Lots of protein on the agenda to repair those muscles. Might go VLC today and only eat meat tonight to make room for more protein. Muscle repair is definitely underway in this body.

Whole30 hell... well... scale is still evil. I'm so tempted to just call it off and go back to Primal, but I still haven't completed a full 30 days of Whole30. I'm on Day 17 now. I've allowed white potatoes back in despite the rules. But sugar and all that other garbage is still out.

Fruit - I think fruit is making me gassy. I read somewhere that gut bacteria gobble up sugar and then produce gas. It's the only thing that could be contributing to it. Or the coconut cream. I guess that could be doing it too. Don't know for sure. Just know it's unusual and unappreciated.

High protein day. Eggs and bacon for breakfast, two burgers with bacon and some sweet potato fries for lunch, then probably meatloaf "balls" for dinner. Was going to make chicken legs but don't feel like chicken tonight. Oh wait! I can do grilled chicken breast... that would be ok. Yeah, I'll do that. Chicken breasts for dinner. Probably very little veggie since I need to be repairing some muscles. maybe 2 chicken breasts and some green beans or something. In fact, I think I'll go log this in MFP and see how the macros workout.

Here's how today will look

Protein is good! Carbs are good! Fat... well, fat looks ok too. Calories aren't out of line, either, if you ask me.

Todays Meals.jpg

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, thanks for the encouraging words on my journal.

I think two Whole 30s with weight loss, and then one without is probably completely normal. Our bodies need time to readjust to weright loss AND they get used to a routine. So this could be a combination of both.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I can't believe that you are doing W30 and running too. Wow.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I've only run once so far, Paula... I have a history of distance running and really want to get back to it. Mark says I can do it and still be primal, so why not try?

I'm getting really anxious b/c it's 10 minutes til 11, which means it's almost time to take lunch, which means it's almost time to run. I'm so excited!! Like giddy school girl about to go on a date with the cutest boy in school excited!!

And nervous too... b/c my calves are tight. Hoping the walk to the gym will loosen them up. I'll do a quick stretch or two and then go low and slow around the track in my socks... but nervous about whether or not they'll loosen up enough to enjoy it. I guess I'll just have to try it and see.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    White potatoes are pretty much pure starch....... not good for weight lose as they turn to sugar pretty quickly after savoring that wonderful flavor! Especially drenched in butter.......... I stick with sweet potatoes, and opt for cauliflower for my white veggie!

You're on a role with the whole30 - I say stick with it just for the sake of saying you didn't quit. only 15 to get to the end of August and then you can go back to primal.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

That's pretty much what I'm thining Tomi... stick it out just to stick it out. It's easy at this point, just annoying to still be passing up stuff that would be Primal-approved.