Page 100 of 584 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5837

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 100

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    loved your rant --- and I fully concur! The "foods" that modern society calls healthy are making us sick!

I have family members who work for a genetically alterted seed company that coats the seed with a weed killer! They claim the seed will genetically alter after 2 or 3 generations and have this "natural" ability to ward off weeds on its own. I cringe everytime I think about it!

We'll all be dead in a couple hundred years at the rate we're going! The funny part of it is - I heard a "conspiracy theory" that its all being done purposefully by the rich and controlling forces of the world --- reduce the population so it can more easily be controlled!

Whatever.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    hahahaha that's a funny theory, Tomi! I don't think it's that. I think it's money. It's all money driven. Weed free crops means more nutrients for the crops, which means higher yield, which mean more money for the farmers who sell their corn. The farmers want this stuff... and the biotech firms just keep pumping it out b/c we have a world to feed, you know!

There was a question on the Whole30 thread about whether or not companies know the products they're producing (consumer products, I mean) are poisoning people or if they're just as clueless as we were before we discovered Primal/Paleo. Surely they've seen the research and know the problem exists, but because the government hasn't stepped in, they're continuing on their merry little way of making money off of our sick people who are now addicted to unnatural foods.

It's nice to see the trend of those moving to Paleo/Primal though. The grocery stores are getting more "natural" foods and produce sections are getting larger (at least in our small little grocery where I live it is). But I think it'll be another 100 years or more before processed foods are less prevalent. Processed is just too convenient and people seem to always put convenience above health (hence taking pills rather than changing things in your life to fix the problem - bandaid on a gusher, so to speak).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I see you found the story of cole on paleo parents site, I wanted to point it out as it reminded me of you and your little boy! And love your rant. I posted a link about paleo (article from a Dutch paleo journalist about a study proving man boobs are caused ny wheat) and got a reaction from someone that she doesn't believe in 'this paleo stuff'. She thinks it's not for her...i'll tell you it IS! She's severely obese, she's always ill or tired. But she doesn't even want to try to give up grains, it's not for her *sigh*. I gave up...
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I love it when people will comment like that. If they're not interested, why not just pass over the post and let it be??? After I got home from work last night, Brad and I talked about the post and he's like "I wonder how long it'll be before someone tells you to shut the hell up". I said "If they don't like my posts, they can delete me. It's my facebook wall, I can post what I want on it. whether it offends them or not is up to them."

I post all the time about Paleo. It's the only way to get the word out.

My post on the W30 thread this morning:

I am on day 15 and I haven't lost a single effing pound... this is unusual. With my first two attempts at W30 (June for 23 days and July for 25 days) I lost 10 lbs each. To go 15 days and not lose a single pound has me baffled. Especially when I'm doing exactly as I did with the other two. I even went into ketosis at the beginning of this one when I cut fruit and haven't seen ANY results on the scale.

I'm not lifting so it's not weight loss = muscle gain, thus no sign of change on the scale... I'm literally doing nothing different than I did with the first two. This boggles my mind. Surely, this is the start of a plateau...

So, I guess that means I have to change things up... in most cases, when Paleo, people will say "bust a plateau with a Whole30", but when you're already doing one... Literally, the only things in my diet are meats, veggies, fruits (minimal), coconut milk, coconut oil, and bacon grease (cooking eggs and green beans only). Seriously! What else is there to do? I don't want to be at 189 forever, even if I am only 7 lbs heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight and wearing pre-pregnancy pants.

I'm going to the gym today. Going to start doing HIIT and weights BFL style. That better work. On August 31, I had better weigh less than I do today. I'm aiming for a body fat in the 20's and that's not going to happen if the scale doesn't budge...

And this whole no weight loss thing isn't helping my W30 become any easier. This has been the most difficult W30 yet. I've wanted to break it many times, but haven't simply because my SIL is doing her first and I want to be there to help her through it, while following the same rules. It would be uncool of me to coach her about how the W30 is all a mindset thing while munching on a dark chocolate bar... ya know? And of course, she's on day 13 so she's still going through some withdrawal stuff and experiencing the blues that come with that. The psychological aspect of the W30 is so difficult, and then to have zero weight loss with it is just draining!!

I know this is why they tell us to avoid the scale b/c so many other things are likely going on regardless of weight loss or not, but seriously! How do you explain two 10 lb losses back to back and then zero lbs of loss with the 3rd. Makes no sense.

Hopefully some gym time will help.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    I hear you, girl. Weight loss is so frustrating and mysterious even when you think you know the answers/reasons. Over the last few weeks I've been letting it go. Making it smaller in my mind and less important. I think having no scale helps in this case, but I've had to make myself stop trying on pants that are too small. Now I can go days without even thinking of those pants. It's hard, but maybe try letting go of it, too.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

It's just so frustrating when you're sailing right along and then all of a sudden you stop dead in the water for no apparent reason.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Jenn - I've read that some women need to keep the carbs up a bit in order to lose. Maybe cutting the fruit this time has your carbs too low. Maybe try adding a sweet potato several times a week???

Sorry you aren't having the same results this time - how frustrating! but - you are doing great staying focused and strong even though you're not seeing the results on the scale! So give yourself credit for that. The weight will start to move again, maybe your body needs time to adjust to being the weight it is right now before it will give up any more?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Jenn - I've read that some women need to keep the carbs up a bit in order to lose. Maybe cutting the fruit this time has your carbs too low. Maybe try adding a sweet potato several times a week???

Sorry you aren't having the same results this time - how frustrating! but - you are doing great staying focused and strong even though you're not seeing the results on the scale! So give yourself credit for that. The weight will start to move again, maybe your body needs time to adjust to being the weight it is right now before it will give up any more?
    I eat sweet potatoes like 3x per week and I added the fruit back in at like day 8 or something b/c I was so dumpy and blue. Scratch that... counting leftovers that I eat for lunch, I eat sweet potatoes easily 5x per week.

I just did intervals on the track in my socks. Walking to the gym in my runners (Asics 1260's) made my hip hurt (last week when I walked in them my hip hurt too). So I asked the trainer at the gym if I could use a treadmill in my socks. She said I could but to be very careful not to slip... well, then as I'm walking to the treadmill, I thought - why don't I just run around the track? Then I can run my own pace and not worry about numbers... b/c I worry too much about numbers. Money, weight, miles, too many numbers... so I ran the track. 1 min run, 1 min walk. I ran 10 times. It felt AWESOME! I think I'll keep doing it. It felt easy! EASY! Running has NEVER felt easy for me! It's always hurt. Or something was always tired/sore/worn out/fatigued. But today, it felt EASY. LOVE IT!

So, the Asics 1260's are being retired. Officially. As of right now. Because I put them on to walk back to my office from the gym, and 2 blocks later, I took them off and walked in my socks the rest of the way to my office. I'm sure my socks were quite the conversation piece for passersby, if they even noticed.

Now i just have to figure out what I'm going to walk in this winter. Socks just won't do with snow on the ground...

Today is my son's first day with his new foods at daycamp. Remember, our first order of business is gluten and red dye #40 elimination. Having said that, he is having Apple Cinnamon Rice Chex for breakfast. Lunch is nitrate/nitrite free ham, colby jack cheese, red dye #40 free gogurt, gluten free chocolate chip cookies (which I found out contain soy milk, so I'll be finding a different cookie for him), grapes and two strawberries. Oh, and his red dye #40 free koolaid pouch. Small changes.

MIL made Brady some gluten free cookies this weekend. She kept him yesterday to take him fishing. I guess he had a McDonald's sausage and egg mcmuffin without the muffin and a hashbrown. I don't know what lunch was. He didn't eat much, if any, dinner. I made boneless chops, pan fried potatoes and steamed cauliflower and broccoli. He complained later of being hungry, but I told him he had dinner waiting for him on the table and he could eat that. He didn't.

I'm happy that she took the effort to make him cookies. I asked her to be sure he was gluten and red dye 40 free and she said she made him cookies. They were peanut butter cookies, but everything can't be perfect, right? I think I'll ask her for the recipe and then make them with almond butter or cashew butter.

Can I just say that I'm a ready to be done with this whole30 nonsense. It's not that it's nonsense, really, just that I'm tired of the restrictions. 8 weeks of restriction is enough for me, I think. I told Brad that I haven't lost a single pound this time around and he was shocked. He said "Maybe it's b/c your body is used to it now... the Whole30 is no longer a shock". Good point. Sure, it's getting me healthy, but losing weight is also a part of getting healthy when you're still technically "obese" (yep... just checked. 32.something was my BMI... still obese. 174 will put me in the "overweight" category - I think that'll be my next weight goal after reaching 183... if I EVER get there).

So, I think this will be my last whole30 for a while and I'll just go back to being primal/paleo and see what happens. The thing is that aside from an occasional allowance, I want to continue to eat the W30 guidelines. I don't want to allow too much sugar back in. I don't want to get all bloated from bringing milk back in... so if that's what I don't want to do, then I'll just be living the W30 over and over and over again, meaning a whole30 will never again have any shock value for my body. I guess the only difference between DOING a W30 and living the W30 guidelines is that there's room for decisions to be made about non-compliant foods, i.e. sweetened chocolate, white potatoes (which will no longer be considered "non-compliant" as I can't find any logical explanation for why they're not allowed), cheese, etc, etc, etc.

A guy named Chuck on the w30 thread said to not make any changes to what we're doing b/c our body will automatically hit a plateau no matter how "good" we're being and it'll just take time for it to adjust and start losing again. Question is, how long is too long in plateau world? Maybe I won't be here long now that I'll be visiting the gym 5x per week (running barefoot 3x).

Speaking of barefoot running... today I feel fantastic! I have some residual soreness/stiffness that can be expected the first time you really work out, but otherwise, I feel great! My quads aren't aching. My hammies aren't aching! My calves are a bit sore and stiff, but I was told this is normal for beginner barefooters, and as long as it's not painful, I'm ok. My feet feel great too. This is exciting for me! Before too long, I'll be running half marathons again, but barefoot this time! So stoked!