Page 10 of 579 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 10

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I only ate half of my lunch... it just wasn't that appealing to me. it was a LARGE helping anyway. Seriously - an entire 8 oz squash (which surprisingly was only 88 calories!!!). I picked the meat out after a while and tossed the rest. I just wasn't feeling it. Didn't feel satisfied by it, so I had a second square of chocolate.

I'm playing around with the food log on MyFitnessPal.com and finding that I'm a WAY low on everything today... I was playing and trying to get the numbers where they needed to be and I still can't get my protein where it should be... but then I remembered... it doesn't have to be. Everything I ate and/or planned to eat with the exception of the chocolate was a perfectly primal meal. So what if I didn't reach 128 gms of protein today or 100 gms of fat... I also didn't reach 75 gms of carbs... so what? It's one day. Tomorrow will probably be different.

Here are my logs for today. I added some scrambled eggs and bacon for dinner tonight. Might make my kids some breakfast for dinner! I think they'll like that. Smelling the bacon cook is going to entice me so I'll probably snack on a couple of pieces of bacon... and just in case I added eggs as well. it makes me wish I hadn't eaten that lunch.

Todays Meals.jpg
    Todays Exercise.jpg
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

212 baby!!!

Today has been a great day thus far. Scale was nice and showed me 212 today! So excited about that. That's 9 lbs off from my highest, 5 lbs down since I started my Primal journey.

My jeans went on without a hitch this morning. Straight from the dryer! No sucking in the gut to get them fastened, no dancing to get them up my legs, no readjusting as the day went on because they were digging uncomfortably. They fit perfectly (if not a little loosely). So happy!!

I love this program. Straight up, flat out. 4 weeks in and I'm not bored. I'm not feeling deprived. I can eat foods I used to have to avoid b/c they were high in calories or high in fat. I can eat foods I love (with the exception of cake and cookies, that is - oh how I wanted the soft crunch of a cookie in my mouth this morning... *drool*) *Shaking image out of head*

I'm very happy with my progress. It might be slow, but I'm thrilled just the same.

Now... if I could just get my kids to sleep through the night so I can get a decent night of restorative sleep!!

This weekend's plans will be a wrench for my primal journey. We're not doing anything tonight that I'm aware of, but tomorrow night we're going racing for the first time this season. It's going to be a cold cold night! The food selection is going to suck... to be honest, I'd probably be better off going to McDonald's for dinner. I don't want to betray my body, so I'll try to think of something that I can take up with us that will satisfy my need for food without going off plan. I won't have access to a microwave or stove or anything like that, so I have to find something portable and edible raw/cold. Maybe a BAS with some chicken... OH WAIT!! I could cook up some ribs in a crockpot! We have a generator so I'll have access to electricity... or pulled pork or something - the guys can have it in sandwiches and I'll just nosh on the meat. Oh, dolllar! I think I have a plan!!!

I think I want to have cream cheese pancakes for breakfast again tomorrow. With homemade whipped cream and strawberries. Yummo!! mmmm... makes my mouth water! lol Brad is probably so tired of them! (PS, Brad is my husband). Add some bacon and you've got a scrumptuous meal!!

Today I feel really good. Really happy and exhuberant... almost giddy. Like I'm hopped up on speed or something. It's like I'm taking Adderall again, but I'm not. I'm being productive at work. Got a few things done already today. I'm hoping I can be this productive at home tonight too b/c my house REALLY needs it. My kitchen is a wreck!

Dinner tonight is going to be Iowa Cut Pork Chops - super thick pork chops... oh yum! lol And grilled potatoes. Yes... I'm going to have white potatoes for dinner. And I'm not sure about the veggie, but I'll whip something up to go with all that. Probably broccoli. That seems to be our (my) favorite.

I hope everyone is having a good day. I'm exceptionally happy today and it feels great! Enjoy your Friday everyone! I'm half tempted to sneak out an hour or two early to get a head start on my house cleaning... we'll see.

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    great journal, thanks for sharing!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    jenn I could feel your energy thru the 'puter screen!!! lol I remember those feelings the first month I had gone primal. It was great & I need to get those back!!

Great job girl!! Who cares if its slow as long as it's a slow downward trend! you're doing great! & good luck on the weekend!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Congrats to you Jenn~I love days when I am feeling this good! And PC is right your excitement jumps off the page.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Well done Jenn! Enjoy the energy
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I'm bored senseless so I'm going home for the day. I can get a headstart on cleaning up my kitchen before picking up my kiddos.

I'll try to check in this weekend (see no reason why I can't). I hope everyone enjoys their weekends.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Jenn~ just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for your caring and concern. It makes such a difference to have so much support on this journey. I am back down to my start weight of 203 so I guess it was a huge water gain. Sheesh, freaked me out pretty bad. I am pysched for our April destressing!! And looking forward to just relaxing this month!!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenn, how was your weekend?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Hi all.

I had a pretty nice weekend. I didn't do much by way of activity, but I did a lot of visiting with friends and family.

I'm having some GI issues today. I indulged in some potato salad on Saturday and then polished it off on Sunday. I'm not sure which ingredient would be causing me so much trouble... potatoes and eggs are accepted by my gut... only thing I can think of is the mayonnaise or whatever was in it (it was purchased at a deli). Note to self - avoid the potato salad.

The rest of the weekend was full of primal eats. I'm pretty proud of myself for maintaining some form of control this weekend. The scale was only up 1 lb, which I consider to be a tremendous success!

I'm sleepy today though. My son has GOT to start sleeping in his own bed! He starts out there, but the first time he wakes up, he climbs into our bed. Sometimes I catch him, sometimes I don't. By the time I do catch him, I have to carry him back to bed, which is no fun b/c he's 65 lbs. And in most cases, even if I do take him back to his bed, a couple of hours later, he's back with us. Daughter has been waking some too. Not sure why. She's been sleeping through the night since 2 months of age and now at the age of (almost) 2, she's waking up at least once in the night. It's really quite annoying.

On the menu for today:

2 boiled eggs, 4 sausage links
    Deer/pork burger, American cheese, homemade french fries fried in coconut oil
    dinner??? No clue.

Fitness? Not sure yet. I brought clothes with me to work to hit the gym, but I haven't decided if I want to do cardio or strength. I'm pretty sure my sister and sister-in-law are going to want to walk tonight (we walk about a mile). It would not be advised to ask me to make any significant decisions right now b/c I am mentally still asleep.

I suppose. I'm starting to feel a bit hungry, so I think I'll make the trek upstairs to the cafeteria to secure my boiled eggs. Or maybe I'll just have him fry me a couple. Same price either way - too much! $1.32 for 2 eggs is ridiculous.

Damn I'm tired!! I hate being tired! I must have slept like total crap last night b/c I didn't go to bed any later than usual. *sigh* I hope everyone is having a good day.