Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Those who had only about 15 pounds to lose: page 4

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeatrun View Post
    Did it take time to learn how to listen to your hunger cues? I find it hard to know when I'm hungry or when I just want to eat. I also find it hard to stop eating when my stomach feels satisfied, but I'm really enjoying the food in front of me. I can't seem to break free from the clean plate mentality.
    Yes, it took time. A high protein/fat breakfast really helped.

I find that for me, staying around 60g (total) carbs feels best. If I let it get close to 100 I stop being able to hear my hunger and I get hungry all the time and cranky. If I keep my carbs low I'm happy, calm and can trust my appetite. I have more energy and feel more vital. That's just me though. There's a huge drumbeat right now to get everybody to eat more carbs. I tried it and it doesn't agree with me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Nikki86 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    We're ALL special snowflakes, dammit!
    This made my day.

Paleofan is offline Senior Member
    I started at 5' 3" and around 137 lbs. Over a year later I am at 133 lbs. But the amazing thing is that I started lifting heavy things and my waist went from 33" to 29" in 6-8 weeks. I have great waste line, a bit more tummy than I want, but I get so many comments on how good I look and how much weight I have lost and how tiny I am, that I struggle with working at this harder. I eat 90% primal, get some cardio in, LHT 2x per week, and feel great. More lean is overrated...pass me some wine and chocolate now!

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    I can honestly say, that I don't know what I weigh. I know I weighed 148lb in january (I'm 5'4" in my late 30s) and started primal eating in February. My scale needs new batteries, I haven't replaced them so I'm going by how my clothes fit. My goal was to get back into the skinny jeans, pre-pregancy weight I guess. It took me almost 4 months to reach that goal and along the way I've really toned my arms and the celulite on my legs has reduced a lot. I've tried on my pre-pregnancy bikinis and they don't look to shabby either. so, I'm happy.

I am curious to see how much I weigh. Twice I've jumped on the scale in shipping and receiving but, it was all over the place. Honestly, I wanted to get to 130 but, I'm thinking if I keep up this muscle growth I may end up in the upper 130s and being in the best shape of my life.

Background: In my 20s I reached my highest weight at 195. I lost it all 12years ago by eating 1 meal a day and lot of walking. A CW meal but, whatever. I started more vigilant exercising for years after and lost even more weight getting to my lowest at 125lb (b/f I got pregnant in '08). So my body knows being fat and it knows being skinny. I developed a natual way of knowing how much to eat by first tracking everything I ate. I know how much to eat if I want to be in the 1300-1400 calorie range but, it took a good month eating primal for my body to know it's hunger cues. I was always on the edge of being hungry the CW way. Now, I know when I'm full and when I'm hungery and I F'in love it!
    Last edited by labmonkey; 06-21-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Loulou is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your post. Its good to hear how long it took you to loose inches from your tummy as that is my problem area. I don't have any scale lbs to loose but I need to loose some stubborn fat, firm up and gain muscle.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yes, it took time. A high protein/fat breakfast really helped.

I find that for me, staying around 60g (total) carbs feels best. If I let it get close to 100 I stop being able to hear my hunger and I get hungry all the time and cranky. If I keep my carbs low I'm happy, calm and can trust my appetite. I have more energy and feel more vital. That's just me though. There's a huge drumbeat right now to get everybody to eat more carbs. I tried it and it doesn't agree with me.

Yes, isn't it interesting how the pendulum of fashion swings on this question? Now you get accused of having "disordered eating" behaviors if you are not scarfing down pounds of sweet potatoes.

Grok n Roll is offline Junior Member
    My situation is a little bit different I suspect. I have lost about 18-20lbs over the last 4 months in order to make it into a lower weight class for a large brazillian jiu jitsu tournament.

I started out fairly lean on a wheat free diet that was already pretty low carb.
    I then went completely primal for the first month.
    I added 16/8 IF for the last 3 months.

I have only upped the training volume slightly, and I eat around 3500 calories in the 8 hours I do eat.

End result I weigh exactly what I need to for the tournament (205lbs) and my body fat went from what I would guess was low teens to 5% according to the bod pod (+/- 3%)

The results came suprisingly easy. Much easier than a previous diet down to 205lbs years ago with "healthy" whole grains and a higher carb ratio.

So Yay me I guess.

Good luck.

lynn is offline Junior Member
    It was easy for me. I started at about 135, went down to 120 in six weeks. Eating basically meat/poultry/eggs and vegetables. I decided that was a bit too skinny for me, so I added in fruit and went up to about 125. Have been able to maintain that weight for over two years now without thinking about it too much, by basically eating primal foods. I'm a woman in my mid-40s.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234