Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those who had only about 15 pounds to lose: page 3

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was hoping to loose a few pounds, have lost 10lbs abs really starting to show. At the same time I have gained muscle. so I have no idea what my goal is anymore lol...
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing it for three months now and haven't lost a single pound. Doing everything I can think of to lose it, but no dice. So yes, the last 10-15 pound are very hard.

Runeatrun is offline Junior Member
    This is interesting... It seems to be different for everyone. I really want to get the hang of it and not give up like I did so many times with CW.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I used to eat half the serving of meat my husband ate, because I was a girl. But you know what? I am eating the same one now.
    Heh heh, I eat the bigger serving of meat than my man!

Quote Originally Posted by Runeatrun View Post
    This is interesting... It seems to be different for everyone. I really want to get the hang of it and not give up like I did so many times with CW.
    You can't give up if this is your way of life and not a "diet".

I'm not dieting. I eat as much as I want. This isn't a license to eat like a pig. I don't deprive myself and I don't eat giant bowls of whatever. I just eat. There is no deprivation, no struggle against my hunger.

I sometimes eat to excess but afterwards I go with my non-existent hunger and don't eat the next meal or two. It's not punishment. I just don't feel hungry because I ate a lot before. Before, on CW diets, it would have been my punishment for being a pig and I would have struggled with self-hatred and hunger.

Sometimes I get hungry and dream of what I'm going to eat when I get a chance. I make all kinds of elaborate plans in my head. Then I get there and eat only a little bit. It's like hey, what's happening here? You mean my appetite tells me when to stop eating??? How utterly crazy! I've never been that way before.

Whatever I do, there's no internal struggle and no self-hatred. This way of eating is curing me of disordered eating and making it so I can just eat. It's so amazing. You can't "give up" because it's not a "diet", it's a healing.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Runeatrun is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Heh heh, I eat the bigger serving of meat than my man!

You can't give up if this is your way of life and not a "diet".

I'm not dieting. I eat as much as I want. This isn't a license to eat like a pig. I don't deprive myself and I don't eat giant bowls of whatever. I just eat. There is no deprivation, no struggle against my hunger.

I sometimes eat to excess but afterwards I go with my non-existent hunger and don't eat the next meal or two. It's not punishment. I just don't feel hungry because I ate a lot before. Before, on CW diets, it would have been my punishment for being a pig and I would have struggled with self-hatred and hunger.

Sometimes I get hungry and dream of what I'm going to eat when I get a chance. I make all kinds of elaborate plans in my head. Then I get there and eat only a little bit. It's like hey, what's happening here? You mean my appetite tells me when to stop eating??? How utterly crazy! I've never been that way before.

Whatever I do, there's no internal struggle and no self-hatred. This way of eating is curing me of disordered eating and making it so I can just eat. It's so amazing. You can't "give up" because it's not a "diet", it's a healing.
    I want to make this my way of life, I just want to feel sure that I'm doing the right thing. I've struggled a lot with trying to improve myself and my health and trying to feel better. I want to learn how to do this properly if this is what I really want to do.

Did it take time to learn how to listen to your hunger cues? I find it hard to know when I'm hungry or when I just want to eat. I also find it hard to stop eating when my stomach feels satisfied, but I'm really enjoying the food in front of me. I can't seem to break free from the clean plate mentality.

otzi Guest
    I started at 230ish in Sep 2010. My goal was 190. I hit that in about 6 months and changed my goal to 180. That took another 3 months, then said 170! Finally today weighed in at 168. New goal: 165.

I've probably gained 10-15lbs of muscle along the way. I'd love to get back up to 180 without adding any fat, that will be my goal when I hit 165.

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I started at 230ish in Sep 2010. My goal was 190. I hit that in about 6 months and changed my goal to 180. That took another 3 months, then said 170! Finally today weighed in at 168. New goal: 165.

I've probably gained 10-15lbs of muscle along the way. I'd love to get back up to 180 without adding any fat, that will be my goal when I hit 165.
    This is pretty much the path I am on too, same weight range. Started at 230, 8 weeks in at 219, original goal is 210, but instead of "goal" I am thinking it will be more of a place to evaluate and figure out next steps. The "charts" tell me I should be at 190, that seems really light to me. I am 6'2" btw.
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

perennialpam is offline Senior Member
    I suggest buying the book. And re-reading the rules often as our minds seem to forget some of the important stuff.

I ate loads of calories during my weight loss last year. I lost alot the first 2 weeks and then 1/2 lb per week. Nice and slow since I knew I'd get there. I could have lost more but I chose the slow routine so I'd learn to deal with this new way of life.

I am now adding in the exercise part of the program to my already active lifestyle and I am seeing toned muscles. I can't wait to get wherever this leads me.

My (still) most difficult part of this way of life is staying true to my diet and not letting all my CW friends influence me. I'd like to influence them but it is really hard to do.

Stay with this. You will not be sorry. Don't get on the scale all the time. I only weighed myself every 2 weeks.

Keep track of your food intake. I use FitDay. I don't really like how clumsy it is but it seems to work well for me.

And, lastly, best of luck with finding your health.
    Pam

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I think it also depends what you mean by "last 10-15" and on the body size of the person. For a larger man, shedding 10 pounds is much less of his body weight than it is for a small woman. Also, for some people, that last 10 is the amount they want to lose to get comfortably down to a healthy weight, while for others, that might be to get really lean. It's likely going to be a lot harder to get down to 15% fat for a woman who's at 20% than for another woman with the same starting scale weight to go from 30% to 25%.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I never liked being fat. But I hated being sick and weak far worse. So I conquered those mountains first, and lost weight on the way. I just wanted to be my optimal self, to give me the best chance at a long and happy life. Yeah, I got nice abs in the process. But mostly, I can climb things, do 20 chin-ups, 40 pushups, sprint and FEEL HAPPY for no apparent reason most of the time. Even if I wake up with a little spare tire in two weeks, if I still feel this good and healthy I'm not going to freak out about it. And all of that not freaking out is going to help me win my abs back again!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast