Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those who had only about 15 pounds to lose: page 2

smilingjustalittlebit is online now Senior Member

fb2r9b

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeatrun View Post
    Yeah, it's just frustrating because I had a goal weight of about 145 from 170 before. Now I'm sitting at 140 and I'm just not happy, and I can't seem to get any lower. I've been here since August! I'm thinking my goal is about 125-130. Unfortunately I'm training for a half-marathon and I feel like this is making it difficult.

I'm extremely new to PB but I'm not sure if I'm approaching it correctly and I don't want to get discouraged easily and give up before I see results. I also don't know how to approach how many calories I should be eating...
    Give it some time, don't approach this like it's going to totally transform you in a few weeks. I'm six months in now and still learning, but the more I learn the easier things get. I'm doing my first whole 30 at the minute and am excited to see what difference it will make over the next 4 weeks.

The important thing is to keep going! Don't obsess over what the scales say, try and get your bodyfat done regularly instead.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

smilingjustalittlebit is online now Senior Member
    I want to feel good in a bikini this summer for the first time in my life. It's difficult trying to get there though when it seems like I'm hungry all the time lol
    Fat. Fat. Fat.

EAT MORE FAT.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    When I started primal in July last year, I was ~135lbs (at 5'6"). Nothing horrible, but I grew up being pretty accustomed to being slim and I wasn't feeling good, mentally or physically, about this change. I lost 5 lbs within the first month or two, then a few pounds a month to get me to about 120lbs 8 months later. I don't exercise regularly and I eat strangely. Sometimes super low carb, sometimes fairly high carb. No sugar for the past month+ as much as I've been able, and that's when I saw the last 3lbs go away. Minimal dairy so far this year, that dropped me a couple pounds. But after the initial loss, every change has been a surprise to me because I got used to how I looked by avoiding the scale. I weighed in out of curiousity after not weighing myself for a few months, and at the doctor's, but my goals are more about fitness now. I want to be able to run a few blocks without feeling totally winded!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It took me 18 weeks to go from ~150 to 120 lbs in the "CW" way, and 2+ years of trial and error until I found the right way to lose the vanity pounds of fat without getting sick. I am now down to ~ 113-115 lbs, and the thighs are FINALLY starting to look like something belonging on a woman, not a behemoth. I am 5'6 and 1/2" tall, and I have never felt better in my life! I am ALMOST at the point of looking in the mirror and seeing a a firm, trim, awesome body I deserve at 36 years of age.

What worked for me:

Heavy Lifting + lots of moving slowly and play; 1 or 2 short HIIT/sprint a week
    Diet free of sugars and artificial sweeteners (no fruit), no nuts & observing PB rules otherwise
    Using right fat (animal and coconut oil) & a lot of it
    Intermittent Fasting
    Ultimate Diet 2.0 - calorie and carb cycling regimen coupled with specific excerse schedule (yes, it involves counting calories and macros)
    Last edited by Leida; 03-08-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it's just frustrating because I had a goal weight of about 145 from 170 before. Now I'm sitting at 140 and I'm just not happy, and I can't seem to get any lower.
    Yeah my original goal was 250...

then it went to 220...

then it went to 210...

then it went to 199...

The goalposts are always moving...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Runeatrun is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Fat. Fat. Fat.

EAT MORE FAT.
    When you say eat more fat, do you just mean to add it more to my meals? For example, add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil or butter?

And thanks everyone for your feedback! CW has gotten me to where I am now, but it has also held me here and I want to be sure that I'm doing the right thing by not staying with what is so familiar to me and following PB instead. Sometimes it's hard to know if I'm doing it right if I don't see any changes.

Runeatrun is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Give it some time, don't approach this like it's going to totally transform you in a few weeks. I'm six months in now and still learning, but the more I learn the easier things get. I'm doing my first whole 30 at the minute and am excited to see what difference it will make over the next 4 weeks.

The important thing is to keep going! Don't obsess over what the scales say, try and get your bodyfat done regularly instead.

I'm trying to ditch the scales. Its hard! But I've gone from weighing myself everyday to about once a week.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    When you say eat more fat, do you just mean to add it more to my meals? For example, add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil or butter?
    My advice is to actually go for fattier cuts of meat, keeping skin on the chicken and fish, eating organ meats, etc. I believe I fare much better with the 'included' fats rather than the added ones. "Naturally" I am inclined to low fat diet, and would end up eating fruit with LF dairy & boiled cod (I am not kidding). Adding more fat while cooking basically resulted for me in leaving it in the pan and feeling sick. But when I started eating fat on my porkchops, not draining my ground beef etc, I got fuller fast, and had no adverse reaction to fat. You should have seen me eating chicken with skin for the first time in 10 or so years! I felt like a crack in the earth is going to open up and swallow me (with my chicken). And, oh, gods, that tail part of the roast chicken is a slice of heaven, apparently. I can't believe I used to cut it off before cooking & replacing it with the tiniest drop of "healthful" canola oil (and, even better oil spray!) Sacrilege, I tell ya, pure sacrilege!

Oh, and eating more of it too. I used to eat half the serving of meat my husband ate, because I was a girl. But you know what? I am eating the same one now. 'Cause maybe he is a man, but he is a couch potato, and I am very active, so our calorie intake is ridiculously close. So, there is no reason for me to short-change myself. DUH!
    Last edited by Leida; 03-08-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    When I started primal in July last year, I was ~135lbs (at 5'6"). Nothing horrible, but I grew up being pretty accustomed to being slim and I wasn't feeling good, mentally or physically, about this change. I lost 5 lbs within the first month or two, then a few pounds a month to get me to about 120lbs 8 months later. I don't exercise regularly and I eat strangely. Sometimes super low carb, sometimes fairly high carb. No sugar for the past month+ as much as I've been able, and that's when I saw the last 3lbs go away. Minimal dairy so far this year, that dropped me a couple pounds. But after the initial loss, every change has been a surprise to me because I got used to how I looked by avoiding the scale. I weighed in out of curiousity after not weighing myself for a few months, and at the doctor's, but my goals are more about fitness now. I want to be able to run a few blocks without feeling totally winded!
    And that's key too, because anything below 140 looks just awful on me. On you, it probably looks great. That's why I hate those freaking charts. We're ALL special snowflakes, dammit!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

vnvdvci is offline Member
    I'm only just finishing up my 3rd week Primal, but weight loss has definitely slowed...and I expected it to. I lost from 162 to 157 (goal at 145) in the first two weeks, and I suspect nothing this week (maybe a slight gain?). I lose weight horribly slow though...that's why I'm attracted to this diet, since it's so easy to follow in the long run.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast