Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yoga page

Drea6681 is offline Senior Member

Yoga

Anyone else in here do it regularly? I love it, and it's definitely making a difference in my physique, just wondering if I should add anything else. I can't do sprints because my foot was run over by a car last summer
    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Lift something heavy once in a while.
    Move slowly if you can by walking or biking.
    You may be able to do sprints in a bike if that does not hurt your foot.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    If I didn't do yoga regularly I couldn't lift heavy things due to shoulder issues. Yoga keeps my shoulder strong!

If you are able to definitely add SOME FORM of 'sprinting' - i.e. it does not have to be "Run like a maniac as fast as you can for X seconds" - jumping jacks, mountain climbers, biking, spinning, whatever works - just push it hard and fast for some nice bursts.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    I adore yoga (as is obvious from my avatar pose )! It makes me feel amazing and does awesome things for my body. I definitely thrive on lifting and sprinting too, but I could never give up my yoga. I think it fits in beautifully with a Primal lifestyle (body weight exercise and moving slowly).
    You could try sprints on a stationary bike. I do that often during the winter.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

patski is offline Senior Member
    I heart yoga, and found bikram hot yoga about a year ago. Love it. Extremely challenging, but you go through 26 poses slowly, and two amazing breathing exercises. I swore up and down I'd NEVER do hot yoga again after one bad experience (years ago), but bikram turned me right around.

I really want to go back, but since my car accident, I'm afraid my back will freak out with inflammation, what with holding poses, and a hot room and all :-\

Yoga is amazing for finding your stillness. All you can do it shut the f*ck up, hold that pose, and stare at yourself intensely in the mirror. You lose yourself. The stillness of Being you feel after is indescribable.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

PrimalBaker is offline Member
    I enjoy yoga. I only do a couple short sessions each week right now. In my dream world I would have a private place in a tropical locale to practice yoga in peace with no interruptions from the kiddos or the husband. Or my cats who seem to love joining in. I think yoga is totally Primal, especially if it is something you love. It is great for strength and for stress-reduction.

You got some great recommendations for sprints; I would add rowing as a way to keep off your foot. Plus rowing works nearly every muscle in your body. I love my indoor rower, perhaps a bit too much. Heck, even my kids love to use it. Buying it was one of the best investments I've ever made for myself.
    I NEED Sunshine! And a beach would be nice too!
    Started Primal living February 14, 2011

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordBlade View Post
    If you are able to definitely add SOME FORM of 'sprinting' - i.e. it does not have to be "Run like a maniac as fast as you can for X seconds" - jumping jacks, mountain climbers, biking, spinning, whatever works - just push it hard and fast for some nice bursts.
    I second that! I have a titanium rod in my left leg, so I can't run, either. I can, however, sprint on the stair climber or do HIIT in the pool, depending on my mood and which one is available to use when I go to the gym.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

cline is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Real View Post
    I second that! I have a titanium rod in my left leg, so I can't run, either. I can, however, sprint on the stair climber or do HIIT in the pool, depending on my mood and which one is available to use when I go to the gym.
    I also have hardware. I totally HIIT on bike and do tabata squats etc.

Am regular yogi. It's really good for your body and mind. Keeps you limber, builds strength, might allow for moving meditation, etc. I do warm yoga (room is 80-90). Love it.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Used to LOVE Yoga back when I could do it. No more...

If II ever can again I definitely WILL. Yoga is good stuff... I always did basic beginners yoga, not sure how "fit" it made me but it was good for the soul.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think Yoga qualifies as "lift heavy things" as much or more than just about anything. Even if you're a female, 90 lbs soaking wet, you're lifting heavy when you do many of the advanced poses. I think anyone who says Yoga is just relaxation, not a work out, has never done it and would have their ass kicked by anything beyond the most basic class.

One of my childhood friends is a yoga instructor, and there's NO female here who wouldn't kill for her body. Well, except maybe those that like bodybuilding. But if long and lean with an incredible core is what you're after, Yoga 5 days a week will do it for you.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast