Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ealachan Resets Her Leptin And Talks Too Much page 3

Ealachan is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Celebrating with you on the changes! I discovered my hands again the other day they just lost a layer of pudge that had them looking like some other fat persons hands!! My wedding ring suddenly fits much better and I am not worried that I may have to cut it off one day!!!! You are doing great!!! Keep it up. I enjoy reading your journal. It is always so nice to read what others are up to and how it is going for them.
    Yay for rings fitting better! My wedding band definitely fits better lately, too. It's so nice to notice little things like that, isn't it?!
    --
    Half-assed Primal on and off for a couple years. Started back in earnest in January 2012.
    Leptin Reset started 2/29/12
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O
    HW: 410+ SW: 375 CW: 340-ish
    goals acheived thus far: Have ditched high-blood pressure medicine, was able to comfortably fit into a plane seat for my vacation in August 2012.

Leptin Reset Day 12

B: turkey patty, two eggs, bulletproof coffee. I don't know if maybe I was still full from yesterday or something, but breakfast really didn't set well this morning. I thought I was going to barf for a while afterwards, and I had a pretty epic toilet moment about half an hour after eating...O.o Sorry for the TMI, but...yeah. Wondering if I maybe overdid it on the CO in my coffee or something.

L: wasn't planning on any, but ended up having a scoop of whey protein in some water at 1:45 because I was very suddenly OMGHUNGRY. I didn't sleep worth a shit last night and I'm wondering if that might be contributing to the sudden lunchtime hunger fits.

D: steak, onions and mushrooms, spinach sauteed in a bit of bacon fat. Turns out husband WAS home for dinner, but we went the quick and easy route anyway because I'm tired.
    Last edited by Ealachan; 03-12-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    --
    Half-assed Primal on and off for a couple years. Started back in earnest in January 2012.
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O
    goals acheived thus far: Have ditched high-blood pressure medicine, was able to comfortably fit into a plane seat for my vacation in August 2012.

Did my first face-plunge in cold water tonight, right after dinner. I don't have a thermometer so I don't know what temp the water was, but it was COLD, I assure you. Aside from the initial dip, I didn't seem to have much trouble keeping my face in the water for as long as I was able to hold my breath. It wasn't pleasant, mind you...but it was do-able. I did that 4 times, as long as I could hold my breath each time. Not sure if that's long enough or not? My face was definitely cherry red when I finished, and it stayed that way for a couple minutes. I got a rush of giddiness when I was done - I couldn't help but laugh for no apparent reason. I don't know if this is something to do with an endorphin rush or if I'm just a weirdo...
    --
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Now that is something I haven't heard of yet... still new here. What is the cold water on the face thing about? Sounds intriguing! Sounds like fun in a weird kind of way

It's the Cold Thermogenesis part of the Leptin Reset Rx by Dr. Jack Kruse. I suspect I've been leptin-resistant for a long time, so I'm following (well, trying to follow) Dr. Kruse's protocol. There's an ENORMOUS thread about it on the Nutrition board, and there's tons of info about it on Dr. Kruse's blog. CT starts out with face dunks to acclimate one's self, then some people progress to ice packs and/or cold baths.
    --
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Yet another up-side to eating well and being diligent about my D3 supplements: Neither my husband nor I have had a single cold this winter (knock on wood, since I'm in Vermont and winter is definitely NOT over yet for us!). It's worth noting that my husband works in a pretty high-traffic store and is exposed to tons of peoples' germs all winter long, as well. I work in an office and have been in close contact with at least 4 or 5 people with terrible colds this winter.
    --
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and Well Met!
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Hi Quelsen - thanks very much for the welcome.
    --
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Unexpected victory of the week (so far? haha): fitting into a shirt I bought back in October, which didn't even fit back when I bought it! I bought some tops right before we went to Ireland last fall, and this plain white button-down shirt from Lane Bryant not only was sausage-casing-tight on my upper arms, but it was super tight when buttoned. Like, indecently and uncomfortably tight. Not even good for wearing under a sweater tight. I tried it on this morning, and BAZINGA! Totally fits, even on the upper arms! Totally made my day.
    Last edited by Ealachan; 03-13-2012 at 07:45 AM.
    --
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Also, BP was 114 / 78 this morning. hehehehehehe.
    --
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast