Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sports bra recc's page

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Okay, I need a sports bra recommendation. I am a very large chested gal with a narrow ribcage. Bra makers seem to be operating under a few delusions:

1) Gals larger than a c-cup have no need to minimize bounce

2) Just make the dimensions of the b-cup size bigger. There's no need to pay for a redesign.

3) Big chested girls are fat right?

4) Just stuff their boobs up into their clavicles. Workouts are supposed to be painful.

5) Girls with big chests want granny-bras

So does anyone out in cyberland know a good place to get sports bras for girls with large breasts? I mean 34H big, not a piddly "D" or "DD." UnderArmor, Champion, and Reebok are out. I tried those on already and they weren't acceptable. Price isn't a concern - I'm used to paying a lot for bras (you have to when you need engineering-by-boeing).

Back in my rugby days I'd end up using sports wrap and duct tape to secure things during matches. I'd just as soon not do that again.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I got mine (32 I) at figleaves.com. Bought a bunch and returned all but one. That one was great. Will have to look up the specific model when I am at home. Hard to do on my phone.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

LX

Thanks!

animalcule is offline Senior Member

Shock Absorber, Royce, and Freya sports bras are great quality brands and come in your current size.

Is 34" close to your actual ribcage measurement, or are you using the 'add 5" to get your band measurement' rule?

Zophie is offline Senior Member

I'm only a DD, but I have had great luck with the bras from teamestrogen.com. I like the ones that are structured like a regular bra. Not only do they keep the girls from moving, they look pretty under a regular shirt. (no uniboob) If I remember right they run about $50, but are worth it.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I used Enell to train for my marathon. They ain't perty but they get the job done. I use the Frog Bra by Title Nine now since I don't do as much running.

www.enell.com

www.titlenine.com

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I have no advice, just here to say I support your boobs... even if your bra doesn't

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

LX

@iniQuity - lolz

Thanks for all the links guys! Mucho appreciated.

all righty. it ain't pretty (but at least you won't have uniboob)... it will make your boobs look like you're wearing a Madonna bullet bra...

But it actually works.

http://www.figleaves.com/us/product.asp?product=Shock-Absorber-Support-Level-4-D+-sports-bra&product_id=BB-109&size=32g&colour=Black

If you do plan on ordering from figleaves, make sure you look at their size chart as UK sizes are different from US sizes (when I was a 32I in US sizes, I ordered a 32G from figleaves).

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

PrimalCon New York

omg DCKMB thank you for linking to title nine. I had a catalog of theirs a LONG time ago and loved their stuff, then lost the catalog and couldn't remember the name of the brand... thanks for re-finding it for me! :-D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast