Thread: New here and to primal eating page

mandy-case is offline Junior Member

New here and to primal eating

Shop Now
    I am new to Primal eating and to this site. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I don't know where to begin. I have been diagnosed with insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, and polycystic ovary syndrome. That's what brings me here. My dr told me I needed to do something, and soon, because I was headed for full blown diabetes. I am 30 years old with two small children. I NEED to change for myself and them. Please help!

Amanda

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mandy-case View Post
    I am new to Primal eating and to this site. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I don't know where to begin. I have been diagnosed with insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, and polycystic ovary syndrome. That's what brings me here. My dr told me I needed to do something, and soon, because I was headed for full blown diabetes. I am 30 years old with two small children. I NEED to change for myself and them. Please help!

Amanda
    Hi Amanda. Have you read any of Mark's books or the Start Here info? For sure, you need to hold the carbs under 100 grams/day, probably less.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Tom B-D is online now Senior Member
    Amanda,
    It can take a little while to get to know your way
    Around this big forum and site...
    But Start Here, as suggested, will have you
    Well on your way.
    It will be an adjustment--
    But you can do it.
    It works.
    Your kids will thank you.