Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I ate an ENTIRE pizza last night page

BuffaloGrok is offline Senior Member

I ate an ENTIRE pizza last night

Shop Now
    minus the 1 slice my gf ate....and I loved every bite and have no regrets. Today, I have no bloating, gas, gluten cravings or any other adverse reactions to the food.

That is all.
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Then you're probably insulin-sensitive and not particularly gluten-sensitive. I actually recommend an experiment like this on your body every now and again. Sometimes it's good to stress the system a little with some toxins and a huge meal. That being said, I would make an occasion like this once or twice in an entire season max. If you start doing this with any type of regularity, you will suffer the consequences.

95% of takeout pizza sucks, anyway, and is totally not worth it. If you go to an Italian brick oven restaurant that uses cold-fermented sourdough pizza crusts with Caputo '00' flour baked at 1000 degrees F, then I can understand going to town on a pizza margherita with fresh basil and buffalo mozzarella. For Pizza Hut or Joey Shmo's pizza down the road with a 2 large for $14 special, it's almost always not worth it. If I ever really want pizza, which is almost never anymore, I'll make it myself because I've never found a takeout pizza place that'll make pizza half as good as me.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 03-07-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Choco, you are in the Philly area so surely you know of some good pizza joints. I'm with you though. If I'm going to eat pizza, its going to be the very best pizza. Much of it is mediocre to be sure. I also agree that its good to indulge on occasion. I don't generally eat a whole pizza though! A couple slices more than works for me these days. It has no apparent ill effects on me either. I don't think that insulin resistance is an issue with me at all. I can go all day without eating and not think much of food and I feel great. I eat usually 2 times a day typically and it works great.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I haven't eaten pizza in years and have no desire for it, but the only reason you should feel guilty or have regrets over having a pizza is if you murdered the delivery guy to get it.

I'm with Choco though. I save my exceptions for special treats that. Standard fare has no attraction for me at all.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    If you go to an Italian brick oven restaurant that uses cold-fermented sourdough pizza crusts with Caputo '00' flour baked at 1000 degrees F, then I can understand going to town on a pizza margherita with fresh basil and buffalo mozzarella.
    OK, thanks.... because yeasty pizza woman made me never want it again... and YOU made me want to go home and make the damn recipe in Bon Appetit that is the cold ferment process. And buffalo mozz is to die for. Maybe when tomatoes are back in season.

Primal Bob is offline Member
    I've been fast and loose with the grains this week in general...my attitude has been 'meh.' I don't make a habit out of it, but last night I went to a Mediterranean restaurant and had hummus and pita bread. I was stuffed and bloated afterward, but really I felt fine otherwise.

My birthday is tomorrow, and I'll probably have cake and beer this weekend. I don't make a habit out of these things, but every now and then, I do forget about it and just enjoy it. My thought is that if you become devoutly paleo and don't enjoy life every now and then, it's kind of pointless.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    you mean you didn't spontaneously combust? hah!

my wife and i do this once a month or so. consider it a carb re-feed and have an awesome workout today. who cares...

i seriously can't wait to make some homemade pizza this summer when my tomatoes start to ripen.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    If you feel like you're not enjoying life or that you're being deprived on this way of eating, you're not in the right mindset yet. It shouldn't feel like you're holding back or abstaining. It should feel like you don't want it because it doesn't appeal to you, because it's not food.

To me, cake is not food. It's sweet, but it's not nourishing, nor helpful to my body. That holds no enjoyment to me.
    Then again, I've severed the need for food in social and entertainment situations. I'm not there to eat a specific food. I'm there to socialize and such.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    I'm finding I only feel any immediate ill effects after eating nasty oils. Once in a while I have some fried fish or chicken wings. These are two of my favorite pre-primal foods, especially buffalo wings(unbreaded). I've only had these things a couple times since going primal and payed for it with bloating, indigestion, and diarrhea. Nothing like burnt rancid veggie oils eh.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    If you feel like you're not enjoying life or that you're being deprived on this way of eating, you're not in the right mindset yet. It shouldn't feel like you're holding back or abstaining. It should feel like you don't want it because it doesn't appeal to you, because it's not food.

To me, cake is not food. It's sweet, but it's not nourishing, nor helpful to my body. That holds no enjoyment to me.
    Then again, I've severed the need for food in social and entertainment situations. I'm not there to eat a specific food. I'm there to socialize and such.
    Cake is just cake and pizza is just pizza. You're giving cake too much power. When you can occasionally have a treat whether it's "real food" or not and not even give it a second thought then you have mastered your dietary choices and discovered the Zen of eating.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast