Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One Month Down and I Feel Like I Have Made NO PROGRESS!!! page

Spinman is offline Member

One Month Down and I Feel Like I Have Made NO PROGRESS!!!

Primal Fuel
    So I'm pretty much exactly a month in and I am getting REALLY frustrated!!! I read through all the Paleo info I could find, applied it pretty darn religiously, have lifted heavy things, have sprinted frequently, started supplementing with Vitamin D and Fish Oil, I haven't touched a grain, dairy, or legume, I practically don't eat fruit, and never even had a nut.....yet, I feel like my body has not only NOT improved, it has gotten worse.

I'm 37, 6'2, 230 lbs, and a former athlete. I have always been able to cut down to at least 220 and put on muscle fairly quickly. Now I feel like my fat is resisting everything. In fact, I'm convinced that the lack of carbs has instructed my body to start burning muscle at a rapid rate. My body is turning into a bowl of Jello!! I have increased my protein to try to fix it but I don't know....I just FEEL LIKE SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!

How is it even humanly possible to cut out so many bad foods and have it not make a damn bit of difference?!?!! I'm at the point where I eliminated my morning coffee because of the Splenda. I cut out gum cause of the artificial sweetener. I used to have pasta 3 or 4 times a week and now I don't touch the stuff. I would even have pizza and crap on weekends. How can I be cutting out all of this GARBAGE from my diet and not lose weight automatically???? I tracked my calories on Fitday for a few days just to check on my portions and my calories are coming in at around 2,300 or 2,400. That's right in line I think!!

Seriously Forum, I need some advice. I'm starting to go crazy. I have started to convince myself that I have too much estrogen in my body. That I'm Leptin resistent. That I'm insulin resistent. Maybe it's Iodine?! Too much stress....ahhhhhhh!!!! I watch these YouTube videos of 70 year old guys with six pack abs. I read all of these blogs where everyone loses insane kinds of weight. I'm not obese or anything, but I have bodyfat.......why is it not burning off??? I read through LeanGains, and Simple Strength, and Body By Science, and all of these intermittant fasting articles. It's information overload.......yet, after all this, and all of these changes, and my body doesn't lose ONE SINGLE POUND?!?!? How is that even human possible?!?!? THIS SHOULDN'T BE THAT DIFFICULT!!!! SOS!!!!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I'm just a girl and not even working out a lot right now........... I don't know, maybe try intermittent fasting and eating more some days and less others:
    PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

Lean Gains might offer some insight/help. Also great but doesn't get quite the same amount of love is Lean Hybrid Reloaded:
    How To Build Muscle Fast With Lean Hybrid Muscle Building

Elliot Hulse is really super smart.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinman View Post
    I'm convinced that the lack of carbs has instructed my body to start burning muscle at a rapid rate.
    Eat more carbs then. You won't die and it's worth the try.

I have been eating sweet potatoes and squash and a ton veggies in my salad for lunch.

Here's my conundrum: I cut out ALL artificial sweetener, ALL sugar, ALL grains, have exchanged my lunch sandwiches for a big salad, cut my meals down from 5 to 3 or 2, and have barely drank any alcohol. And my body responds by doing absolutely nothing? It's illogical. I should be melting away just by eliminating those foods alone.

Has anyone experienced such poor success following this lifestyle? Is there a blood test that I need or something? It's like my metabolism is completely broken??????

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Already try one meal a day? Easy to do once you're keto-adapted. You want at least a pound of protein most days, with lots of saturated fat, and a big side of greens, veggies etc. Eggs are in, and duck, lamb, heart, fish, liver, etc. I do that for eight days in a row, every other week, and it feels amazing. I have energy while burning fat. Try to get lots of medium chain triglycerides, too! Helps the mood and energy.

Took my body over a month to figure out how do digest and use fat. I have done this 1 year and lost 20 pounds. Relax. Take it easy. You don't have that much weight to lose, so your body is just taking its time. Definitely focus on getting that daily PROTEIN. Made all the difference for me.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Already try one meal a day? Easy to do once you're keto-adapted. You want at least a pound of protein most days, with lots of saturated fat, and a big side of greens, veggies etc. Eggs are in, and duck, lamb, heart, fish, liver, etc. I do that for eight days in a row, every other week, and it feels amazing. I have energy while burning fat. Try to get lots of medium chain triglycerides, too! Helps the mood and energy.

Took my body over a month to figure out how do digest and use fat. I have done this 1 year and lost 20 pounds. Relax. Take it easy. You don't have that much weight to lose, so your body is just taking its time. Definitely focus on getting that daily PROTEIN. Made all the difference for me.
    Thanks man. How do I know if I am burning fat for energy? I don't think I am. I think my body has ignored my body fat and went straight for the muscle. How long does it typically take for a body to adapt?

And when u say "keto-adapted", how do u know for sure? I did some IM a couple weeks ago and it seemed to make matters worse. I was doing the 16/8 split but felt like my body was pushing back. This may be the most frustrated that I have been in a long time.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Is it possible you are just eating too many calories? Maybe just on the cusp of maintenance/weight loss? I would give it a couple more weeks, I bet you see a change after 6-7 weeks.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Is it possible you are just eating too many calories? Maybe just on the cusp of maintenance/weight loss? I would give it a couple more weeks, I bet you see a change after 6-7 weeks.
    2300 calories doesn't sustain 230 pounds through LHT and sprinting. OP just isn't burning fat yet. Isn't L-glutamine supposed to help during the transition from sugar burner to fat burner? Or am I confusing that (like I often do) with something that sounds similar, glutathione, or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    That's possible I guess. I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks and then I'm going to trim down the calories a bit. I was looking for a lifestyle where I didn't have to micro-manage my calories and thought maybe that Primal would be it. I guess maybe the calorie counting is unavoibale for some people with sensitive metabolisms. Or maybe I'll just introduce a fasting day into the routine and then perhaps that will trim my weekly calories without having to make too many daily adjustments.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    2300 calories doesn't sustain 230 pounds through LHT and sprinting. OP just isn't burning fat yet. Isn't L-glutamine supposed to help during the transition from sugar burner to fat burner? Or am I confusing that (like I often do) with something that sounds similar, glutathione, or something?
    I just checked my fitday results. I'm anywhere between 2,300 and 2,800/day. That doesn't sound extreme to me either. I feel like any less than that and I'll prevent myself from building any muscle whatsoever.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast