Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barefoot running shoes! Which one fits my narrow foot? page

tovek is offline Junior Member

Barefoot running shoes! Which one fits my narrow foot?

Primal Fuel
    Hello all primals!

I have searched for a forumtread to find answers, but I can't find anything. I am looking for a good barefoot training-shoe(for various types of activities) which gives the ultimate barefoot-feeling, looks like a normal shoe, and is build after the primal foot, but I can't find anyone that fits my foot. I have a very long, narrow and peaky foot(my bigtoe is pretty much more longer than the toe beside.) Because of that, Vibram didn't fit at all. I also tried Merrell Trail Glove, but It seemed to have a little bit to narrow forefoot section.

Do you know a good shoe that might fit my foot? Please, any tips are welcome! I really look forward to start running this spring.

Regards,'
    Tove

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    you think the Merrell Barefoot shoes are too narrow in the forefoot? you crazy, I have an E foot and they're fine.

If you're running out of width in the Merrell's then you don't have a narrow foot.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

RobOK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    you think the Merrell Barefoot shoes are too narrow in the forefoot? you crazy, I have an E foot and they're fine.

If you're running out of width in the Merrell's then you don't have a narrow foot.

My experience was a little different. I ordered Merrell Trail Glove and Vivobarefoot Dharma, both size 11 from Zappos.

The Vivobarefoot fit and are pretty wide up front. The Trail Glove is very narrow and was way too small for me. I am going to try and find a place to get fitted in person. Am open to other suggestions for wide shoes (the opposite of the OP).

What is an E foot?

I don't know about the rest of Merrell's shoes, but I experienced the fore foot section of the Trail glove a bit narrow. My toes couldn't move freely, and my foots are adjusted after regular Convers shoes. I also compared the sole to a classic Vibram, and the difference of the shape is big.

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    New balance mx20. Very narrow. I ended up getting the wide as a I have a narrow foot but a need a little extra room in the toe box. Very comfortable and well built.

Jay_in_TX is offline Junior Member
    new balance minimus - good for a narrow foot, and let your toes spread out in the spacious toe box. my favorite shoes, by far. I run, weight lift, and everything in them. good stuff.

NB Minimus : New Balance

I have some of the first generation - the MT10BO .

Looks like they have the "minimus zero" now which has an even flatter sole. might have to get some of those!

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_in_TX View Post
    new balance minimus - good for a narrow foot, and let your toes spread out in the spacious toe box. my favorite shoes, by far. I run, weight lift, and everything in them. good stuff.

NB Minimus : New Balance

I have some of the first generation - the MT10BO .

Looks like they have the "minimus zero" now which has an even flatter sole. might have to get some of those!

This

I have the second generation Minimus Trail T20 in narrow (B) width and I love it so much I just bought my second pair. I haven't tried zero drop ones yet, but I wear the T20s all the time for everything now, even work.

Tneah is offline Senior Member
    Love my NB, too. My heel part of my foot is narrow. Fits the forefoot perfectly.

Do you know you can tie your laces differently at the top to tighten the shoe to fit your heel better.
    Works for sneakers, too. Have been using this technique for 7 years.

Maybe this would help. I tried to explain it, but failed in writing it out. look it up online. You create a loop with the last two holes. Feels so good when a shoe fits correctly.

Thank you for your answers!

I want to try the minimus zero Trail(or Road). But first, I am going to try the Merrell trail glove again, in the right size this time. Hope it fits!

Do the NZ:s have a good barefoot feeling?

sashen is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I know you want a "normal looking" shoe, but given the conditions you're describing, I'd encourage you to check out Huaraches Barefoot Running Sandals of the Tarahumara Indians | InvisibleShoe.com. And I'd say this even if it weren't my company... because the reason I started my company was that I was looking for something I couldn't find in a "normal looking" minimalist shoe, namely, something that fit and felt truly barefoot.

-Steven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast