Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I was used for my diet - a rant page 7

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    So yeah we broke up. Complete douche. I guess it's better to find out now then later. Going to suck though because I still have to teach him martial arts every day. He's in my class. I guess I can always slip up and punch him in the face on 'accident'.
    LOL. I like your style!
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, so THATs why our martial arts instructors were discouraged from dating the students. Hmm, never worked though

Good for you for moving on. Depending on your personality- would it be possible for you to just snap him back into the "student" catagory and carry on as if you'd never dated? No pettiness, no punching him (you know, unless it's part of the class). Kill him with kindness sort of thing. As if he had absolutely no effect on you whatsoever . . .

Mothers . . . well- at least she cares?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Drea6681 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I don't buy this for a minute. Attraction is a biochemical phenomenon that occurs in the brain - it is generally amplified in men through sex. There is just no way that 5 lbs of weight is enough to flip a switch to make her unattractive to him. People frequently maintain physical attraction to their mates through many, many kinds of physical changes.

He is either being manipulative, cruel, or using it as an excuse to get out of the relationship.

People often suck. There is no way around it.
    I would add that if a five pound gain made the absolute difference between attracted and not, he didn't have any real feelings
    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    Yeah... although we started dating before he joined. And no, I probably wouldn't hurt him. I'm a professional. I'll treat him just like everyone else. However, it is still painful to be around him.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_1522 View Post
    What exactly is he supposed to do? LIE?
    That's exactly what the d-bag ex did, actually. No man is capable of noticing a paltry 5 pound weight gain. It was just an excuse. So, good riddance to lying users, and best of luck to you Nix. They say there are more single men in the world than taken ones, odds are there are some good ones left!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Since Saturday I've lost 2lbs
    congrats on the weight loss! I think you've lost more than 2lbs. I'm estimating you've lost about 180 useless lbs that were knocking abut and dragging you down!
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
    Oh that is harsh. I had an ex do that to me once. I think we both knew it was over and I was weaseling to get one last go and she played along and then slammed the door... so to speak.
    I'm actually sorry to hear that. A relationship just not working out is a totally different situation than coming up with a bullshit criticism.

Oh.... hey, Nix, out of curiosity would you say he was more distant and judgmental after you started teaching him? Not that it matters because you're well rid of him, but I'm wondering if this was actually a power play because he was feeling inferior in the martial arts class.

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    I'm actually sorry to hear that. A relationship just not working out is a totally different situation than coming up with a bullshit criticism.

Oh.... hey, Nix, out of curiosity would you say he was more distant and judgmental after you started teaching him? Not that it matters because you're well rid of him, but I'm wondering if this was actually a power play because he was feeling inferior in the martial arts class.
    I don't think so. I am definitely a little more stern and professional while I teach. I didn't act very familiar with him because we happened to be dating or gave him any special treatment. It could have made him feel inferior. Nothing like having your girlfriend telling you everything you are doing wrong and correcting you, albeit nicely, but still. Especially because he is new. Maybe it was too much for him. When it come to martial arts I leave my personal life at the door as much as possible. All in all, probably never know what his real problem was.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    He he - some men like women who are a little stern with them. (these smilies are rubbish )

Primal Bob is offline Member
    He sounds gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567