Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I was used for my diet - a rant page 2

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    That sucks! But it sounds like a "good riddance to that a-hole" is in order. Wow!
    I'm agree with Mouse's assessment.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    If I gained 5lbs because I purely let myself go. I would accept it, whatever. However, with all the other stuff, and honestly its just stress weight on my waist that will be off in a few weeks and I'll go right back down to 120lb. The problem here is that instead of being understanding and sympathetic to the situation it was straight to "well you're not as thin as you were when I first met you". So, it's not man bashing. It's a-hole bashing. Kick'm when they're down types.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    Men say stupid things when they're losing interest.

Seems to me like you've got a lot to offer. Pretty, smart, health conscious. You can do better.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Oh, flippin' horrors, you went to 125#, how terrible. Dude's all compassion. What a keeper. /sarcasm

You're young, you're lovely, you're primal. Push this caveman off a cliff and don't look back.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Dump him.
    He might have SAID, "You're not as attractive to me any more," but here's what you should HEAR:
    "I'm the kind of guy who will take from you, but when you need something (emotional support, cooking a healthy meal for YOU for a change when you're having a hard time, a hug and a good roll in the hay) I'll look for a way to leave, especially if it is a way that makes you feel bad about yourself, instead of seeing me for what I am."
    We all meet 'em. Move on.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    oh dear, unless you look forward to this sort of attitude down the road, dump him ASAP. he lost interest in you because you look slightly bigger, wth is he going to do if something serious happens (even if it's out of your control)?

Drea6681 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Sorry, but I'm going to rant a bit. I give you far warning.

So a few months ago I met this guy. He seemed pretty cool and we started dating. I told him about the primal life style. He has heard about it before, but didn't really know what it was. Anyways, I educated him. Had him read a few books. Cooked for him. Let him borrow my cook book. Etc. I got him lifting heavy things, walking more, got him to join martial arts.

When I met him he wasn't fat, but he wasn't skinny either. Since getting him into the primal life style he has lost about 10lb of fat and gained probably the same in muscle. He now has a six pack and great defined muscles. However, the past month has been very hard on me. I started working a night job (which I had to quit because I found out I was allergic to it), I had a very bad cold (that the boy gave to me). It was the first time I was actually sick sick in a year. My dad was hospitalized etc. basically everything that could go wrong did go wrong. LOTS OF STRESS!! Caused me to gain 5lbs.

The other day I asked the boy way he hasn't been as physical with me as we were in the past. He informed me that due to my weight gain of 5lbs (I know have a little tummy, but still a size 4), he doesn't find me as attractive anymore! Yes, he in fact did say this to me. To my face. Can you be used for your style of living?
    As Dan Savage would say DTMFA (dump the mother f**ker already) . wow what an a hole. 5 pounds???? are you kdding?
    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
    Men say stupid things when they're losing interest.

Seems to me like you've got a lot to offer. Pretty, smart, health conscious. You can do better.
    It could be that he was just answering you honestly, but how did he say it? Was he kind of ashamed, brutally honest or obnoxious/intentionally hurtful?

On the other hand, as denasqu says, when guys are losing interest in a relationship they do and say shitty things, both as a way to get the other person to end the relationship, or react in a way that justifies (in their mind) them ending it, or as a kind of defence mechanism for them so that they are more distanced and less likely to get hurt themselves by any impending break up. None of which are good reasons, but it's the way a lot of guys are.

Any mature, loving, caring man will not be phased by a 5lb weight gain, or even their partner turning into a complete mess and stressed out-basket case when it's due to a period of high stress and/or sickness.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Drea6681 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    It could be that he was just answering you honestly, but how did he say it? Was he kind of ashamed, brutally honest or obnoxious/intentionally hurtful?

On the other hand, as denasqu says, when guys are losing interest in a relationship they do and say shitty things, both as a way to get the other person to end the relationship, or react in a way that justifies (in their mind) them ending it, or as a kind of defence mechanism for them so that they are more distanced and less likely to get hurt themselves by any impending break up. None of which are good reasons, but it's the way a lot of guys are.

Any mature, loving, caring man will not be phased by a 5lb weight gain, or even their partner turning into a complete mess and stressed out-basket case when it's due to a period of high stress and/or sickness.
    Man is that depressing
    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

ackack is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I dont think any of us guys on here can make an informed decision about this matter unless we see some pics of you in either a) a tiny bikini or b) lacy lingerie

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast