Page 9 of 247 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 9

Double-A is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

MEAT!

As a self-taught guitarist with tiny hands I know your pain!

Keep learning scales and notes (stuff I unfortunately don't have patience for >,>) but don't neglect those easy to learn songs!

I recommend getting a capo and learning Wonderwall

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

LOL Meaty! I love your posts!

I hear ya on the big hip bones. I still have lots of fat around the middle that hides them when I'm standing, but if I lie down, it looks like a saddle. :P

Yeah, I'd cut back on the baking soda a bit. Goat milk soap has been wonderful for me. You seem like the creative type. Why not try making home-made soaps?

lifewithjades is offline Senior Member

Ha, great post!

I'm learning the guitar too, we can grow together. I love, love, love it. I just started learning to play and sing at the same time- coordination :-)

I'm drying out here too! Everyone thinks Mexico is not dry, but Mexico City is about 11-13,000 feet above sea level and I'm SO dry- despite natural lotions, etc.

Let me know if you find something that works!

Double-A is offline Junior Member

I want to mention that since going soap and shampoo free (except for hand washing) my skin and hair have never been softer nor have had less problems.

Call me crazy, but I smell look and feel better for it 3 month experiment that will be ongoing indefinitely.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Tara! Thank you! Your Valentine's post made me smile and weep like a lonely single girl (but I am one, so what's wrong with that?!). You guys are both beautiful and uh, if for some reason things don't work out, be my Valentine and make me chocolate dipped strawberries, okeh? :]

Linds, one body fat percent formula coming right up. Would you like so fries with that? TOO BAD! We'd don't serve fries, we're Primal here!

Aaron, honey, sweety, pumpkin (and other foods that are not as primal as I had hoped) - I had high hopes for you, but now that I know you like Oasis, our friendship must come to an end. I mean, you have access to raw milk, I let this one go, but WONDERWALL?! :P

No, I intend to be a real kick-ass female guitarist who plays by all the rules of the big-boys club, I can't use these fancy shamncy things.

So pray that the Primal Blueprint increases finger length as well as muscle mass!

Danish, been there (not) done that! I was gonna make soap and even lotions, but then I realized that if I wanted my family to live, I probably shouldn't play with lye :] Tomorrow I'm buying soap, I'll try that non-lye soap (though, how is that even soap?!)

Life, I use coconut oil like it's the last day on earth (it made sense in my mind). But soap and water, no matter how gentle, dry the crap out of me... If I do find something I'll let you know, try an oil as a lotion in the meantime!

Aaron, it's you again... :P

It's different if you're a girl. Showering with nice smelling soaps is a whole ritual! If I still had that picture of all the crap I had a year ago, it would leave you googley eyed! But since then I have toned it down to coconut oil and a few 'semi-natural' face masks and scrubs.

Do you just wash with water? Or not at all...?

Oh and my skin is extremely oily and I've trying not washing it but it's get scaly and weird and... I don't wanna go there.

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Okah, so today I'm super proud because I've learned to change from major G to major C, faster than I thought I would! And the scales are sticking in my head after all, as a matter of fact I'm pretty good at this!

It's like, I'm such a cool rocker chick that playing guitar is a given...

No, I'm pushing the envelope here I'm okay-ish.

After all, I still have a major problem, I can't play without my fingers looking like grilled sausage!

Anywho,

Supplements:

Fish oil; I cannot express how truly disgusting the taste is, but I'll try anyways: "bllaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhheeeeeeughhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm pr".

I'm over it.

Multiviatmin, EstroSense, VitD, ProBs. (and this is important because I'm always on the verge of forgetting!)

With all these supplements I feel like a junky.

Breakfast: shake with Canadian Wild Blueberries (they go "eh!" in the blender), strawberries, a tablespoon of coconut oil, a handful of spinach and a glass of homemade coconut oil.

And if this sounds appetizing let me assure you that it tasted slightly better than the cherry flavoured fish oil.

Basically I got creamed coconut and attempted to make coconut milk out of it and as per usual: failed. I started eating the creamed coconut with a spoon (how Primal of me), then the little that was left I mixed with too much water. It basically looked like milky toilet water and tasted nothing like coconut milk.

Nevertheless, I put it in my spinach-laden shake and hoped for a miracle.

This experience made me realize two things: there are no miracles when it comes to spinach (screw you popeye)

but

there IS such a thing as too much fat.

I felt like puking all the colours of the rainbow, if I so much as smelled coconut.

But I didn't learn my lesson and tomorrow I'm getting more creamed coconut and eating it with a spoon.

Dinner: I had a pork chop in egg, with broccoli (I wasn't creative) and I watched my favourite movie A.I, and I sobbed into the pork chop.

My skin is hideous. I don't even wanna talk about it.

But I'm comforted by the memories of when I first went low carb and my skin was hideous for a while and then cleared.

What to do with my enlarged pores, I do not know!

P.S my coconut oil doesn't smell like coconut! I'm so disappointed!!! No longer will I smell like a freshly baked macaroon

Good day friends, may your day be as eventful as I've made my boring day sound! :P

-Raymond Peat, PhD

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

No Salad, oddly enough my skin can get scaly and weird if I have TOO MANY Omega 3 fats! Go figure! It's happened over and over again, over-indulging in walnuts or salmon.

Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa?! I've been gulping that abhorrent cod liver oil like a... carnivorous fish!

My skin is just f'ed-up. And I don't appreciate wishful thinking like "oh, you have oily skin, you'll have less wrinkles when you're 30/40/97".

Yeah, I'll be a wrinkle free middle aged woman with acne. Yay, me!

>:[

This coconut oil better work its magic or people WILL DIE.

Haha.

Oh, tomorrow is sprint day. If I make a video and put it on YouTube, people will cry and laugh. And I will die of sheer embarrassment.

And that is why, mon amis, I don't sprint in public - the casualties.

-Raymond Peat, PhD

"Yeah, I'll be a wrinkle free middle aged woman with acne. Yay, me!"

Been there, done that ...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

"Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa?! I've been gulping that abhorrent cod liver oil like a... carnivorous fish!"

<grin> Try doing without it for a couple of weeks, and having saturated fat but little or no oil, and see what your skin thinks of that. By now you must have tons of A & D from the cod liver oil, enough to have some stored for months to come.

I remember feeling cheated when my body turned out not to follow the rules which seemed to work so well for everyone else -- like how healthy broccoli is, for instance. By now I&#39;m content if I can just figure out what works for me, regardless how illogical it might seem.

By the way, the same thing happens to my brother-in-law if he has too many Omega 3&#39;s -- a crusty oily eczema, starting in the cracks around the noise and behind the ears. Just like mine.

Yours sounds more like general break-outs? I used to get that from eating peanut butter and butter, but later on it stopped happening. Quite a bit later on.

Page 9 of 247 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast