Page 8 of 246 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 8

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Aaron, I have always been intuitively 'smart' enough to stay away from soy. Tofu, has never (ever...) seemed the least bit appealing to me. Even when I binged I'd go for the real thing than some pathetic substitute.

The diets I was more serious about were the Wai diet (nothing cooked) and Low-carb. The first advocated consuming 'real' foods like fruits, oils, some vegetables and raw protein like nuts, egg yolks and sashimi. It wasn't unhealthy, just... intolerable :]

Though when I read the premise a second time (after being aware of PB) I did come across alarming 'advice' such as "putting sugar into your juices" and "juicing instead of blending", not to mention eating 4.4LB of fruits ever day and no vegetables. There was constant sugar-brainwash and not even a distinction between white sugar and fruit sugar.

But you are right, my parents have moved around a lot and each time I would be introduced to more processed food. My downfall was when I started dating and got introduced to Chinese, Italian and Maki roles :P

And I had acne since I was probably 13, and have been fed many drugs that have only made me develop PCOS, more severe acne and food intolerances.

Your nosiness is greatly appreciated :]

PDL, I wish I could play piano! I started learning guitar today and I regret not doing it sooner, not to mention being able to afford a tutor

Sophia, aaaaaw! That is the sweetest thing I've ever hoped to hear! I hope you and I will be healthy and fit in no time! You can always count on me for support on your journey!

Underwaterer, don't sell yourself short, 9 pounds is an incredible achievement! And men, those bastards, lose weight faster because they have more muscle mass; but ask yourself this: do they looks as good as we do naked? I think not :] Keep on doing what you're doing, it's obviously working! And thank you for telling me this, you have inspired me a little

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

PiBdate:

Today was DE DAY. And it was quite productive.

I've done my 30 minute workout, and you should consider yourself lucky for not witnessing such an awkward, kama-sutra-like presentation.

Then I cleaned, and it took me about an hour; I was a lot more sweaty and sore after cleaning than after my workout.

Can you believe it I haven't gotten off my ass for 5 years? For shame!

I feel like my posture is all wrong and either I can't do an exercise or it seems too easy or awkward. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

My starting weight is 147 (weird, less than I expected. must be water weight). And my body fat% is 27, which isn't as horrible as I expected.

I had a strawberry-blubbery smoothie for breakfast with 3-4 tbsp. of oil (I didn't have coconut milk

and it was a serious YUM.

Then I had 2 wild pacific salmon pieces with 5 asparagus thingamajigs (I'd make a very articulate creative writing student). And it was a less of a YUM, but it was serious as well (see what I mean?).

I learned some French ("C'est film est nul!"/ "La fenetre est ouverete"). Be proud.

I&#39;ve played guitar and have discovered I have a problem reciting the alphabet backwards while playing the scales >< damnit. I tried to play Ode to Joy but got as far as the third bar...

My fingers has an OUCH!

I took Vit.D 5,000IU, Multivit, EstroSense (supposedly to balance out my raging hormones) and Women&#39;s Probiotics.

I&#39;m a good girl! :] Mark will be proud. So should you!

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Lindsay0311 Guest

Good job on day 1!!!! I really should get my body fat tested...I am curious as to what it is!! Stay strong!!!!

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Awesome first day. Good job hammering out a workout- body awareness comes quickly with effort, so things will feel less awkward in no time. And numbers and bf% are never as &#39;horrible&#39; as we tend to believe- just means there&#39;s more leeway for change, and it&#39;ll feel great when you see those changes quickly.

Just wondering if you are logging your macronutrient %? You&#39;ve inspired me to kick my ass into gear and evaluate my goals again. The olympics were here for a few weeks, and half my city is hungover. Time to own it, and we&#39;ll be feeling great just in time for summer. Keep at it!

@pianoDL: thanks for the reminder on the brain. I&#39;ve known this and cannot wait till 25. Guess i&#39;ll ride out this wave of internal awkwardness a little longer.

Sophia Guest

Merci petit pois. Si tu as des problemes avec ton francais ou quel-que chose que tu voulais dire mais ne sait pas comment le dire tu peux toujour m&#39;appeller pour des conseils.

Translation:

Thank you pea. If you have any problems with French or if there&#39;s something you would like to know how to say you can always turn to me and I&#39;ll advise you the best I can.

I lived in a French speaking country once upon a time and still remember most of it. I do love the Quebecois when they speak. Their As are beautiful.

Good going on your first day!!

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

What a great day, NoSalad!

I&#39;m wondering what oil you put in the smoothie. Olive?

When it comes to playing piano, it&#39;s never too late to start. If you can&#39;t afford a private teacher, most community colleges (or regular colleges and universities) offer class piano to give you the rudiments. Reading and playing piano music also improves your progress on other instruments, usually. Of course, you do need to own a piano, or have access to one (at a friend&#39;s or sometimes people get permission to practice on a piano at their church, or educational institutions usually have practice rooms.)

You hurt your finger starting guitar? I&#39;m not surprised. Calluses take time to build up and if you make good ones (leathery, not hard as rocks) they&#39;ll hold up to almost any amount of playing. Go at it gradually. If you feel blistered or sore, wrap a bandaid around the finger for a few days, then start slow again. Your skin will toughen up properly with repeated short sessions, not playing through pain.

Hard calluses are bad news: they can crack and then you can get a pinched nerve. Soften them with hand cream if you get them. If you do a steady amount every day, increasing slowly, you probably won&#39;t get them.

How lucky that you never fell for soy. At the moment I could swat the people who wrote enthusiastic books about how wonderful macrobiotic eating was, back in the 1980&#39;s.

Raging hormones -- have you read books or articles about using progesterone cream? It did very well for me through menopause, which was just about a non-event. I don&#39;t know about Estro-sense -- maybe it takes care of that.

I would think that since you&#39;re off grains and never fell for soy your hormones should settle down and fly right quite soon. The only thing I can think of which might still be an issue is if your liver is still congested from past eating styles. And no sign that it is, unless you&#39;ve had blood tests and seen the liver enzymes high. If you do have a sluggish liver too tired to remove hormones at the right time, some herbs could help, but just eating Primal ought to get you there in time. (MHO, YMMV ...)

Linds, I did mine through measurements and calculation. I can give you the formula if you&#39;d like!

Iceskater, I&#39;m not calculating what I eat in Fit.com, if that&#39;s what you meant. I keep myself busy and don&#39;t really think about what I eat. I&#39;m probably not eating as much fat as I should, but I&#39;ve bought coconut cream and oil so it&#39;s all about to change!

Ah, Sophia that was beautiful! I understood some of it, but you totally lost me on the second sentence Y_Y I&#39;m glad that there are some cognates, so I can understand some words here and there (especially &#39;cause I speak Russian as well, so there are twice as many words I can identify). But I&#39;d have to disagree, I think the Quebecois French is a butchered version of the actual thing, and I prefer not learning the appalling Quebecois accent

PDT, no, I don&#39;t have a piano, nor friends

But I do have an electric Les Paul that I bought at 17 with the money from my first job ever (an entire pay check!). And I&#39;ve neglected it for four years! I would get frustrated because my fingers aren&#39;t long enough to form some chords or I would get blisters, not to mention teaching yourself guitar is like having a tutor who doesn&#39;t know anything! It&#39;s probably because I bought a guitar because I fell in love with it, without realizing the neck is too wide for a beginner.

I have all these books and all this time on my hands, I figured I should stop regretting the things I haven&#39;t done, and do them.

Funny, yesterday my fingers were sore but today they&#39;re completely healed... that has never happened before!

And yes, I used olive oil but now I&#39;ve got creamed coconut and I&#39;ll make coconut milk to put in my shakes instead.

^_^

PiBdate: Day #2

*Brunch (cause I woke up so late! NOT PRIMAL): 2 fried eggs and a can of olive oil tuna, and butter! + mint tea

*Dinner: Pork chop (antibiotic, animal by product free!), broccoli and a salad (cucumber, tomato, baby carrots, lettuce leaf, avocado - smothered with grapeseed oil, garlic, lemon and sea salt).

Supplements: Woman&#39;sOneAday, VitD3(5,000), Probiotics, EstroSense and two teaspoons of "cherry flavoured" Norwegian cod liver oil (cherry flavoured MY ASS! eeew!).

I made a cocoa-coffee-kiwi-honey-olive-oil-sugar scrub!

It yummy smelling.

Baggy pants are NOT sexy, all of Montreal got to see my penguin underwear when I went to buy my coconut oil (40 minutes of walking-check!). I look skinnier, and for some reason can feel my but muscles when I walk (huh?). I liked what I saw in the mirror today, that&#39;s a first! But my waist is so small in comparison to my hips it makes me feel like a cartoon! :/ Unfortunately it&#39;s not a factor of fat, my hip bones are just that big, and they&#39;re here to stay...!

I think I look better naked than with clothes on, clothes make me look childish and chubby and I&#39;m not sure if it&#39;s just the ones I have or the way my body is.

Oh, my face is a mess!!! The baking soda worked just that one time, I&#39;ve been washing my face with it for three days and it made me break out with these little zits all over my face and jaw! Aaaaaaugh, and I thought I was unto something!

Maybe it&#39;s drying out my skin because I use too much of it.

But have NO FEAR - COCONUT OIL IS HERE!

Another thing, I get breakouts at the weirdest places like my thighs?! I think it&#39;s because I epilate my legs and my skin is ultra sensitive everywhere.

But I rather be smooth than thigh-breakout-free >:[

I also bought creamed coconut and I&#39;m gonna make some coconut milk tomorrow ^_^

I&#39;m going to read Body By Science but I&#39;m already anxious about exercising at &#39;highest capacity&#39;, not to mention I don&#39;t have gym access. But I would like to be stronger and fitter, so I&#39;ll try it anyways!

Good day, Primal friends!

Tara is offline Senior Member

I just have to say that I love your posts! They crack me up, you have so much character even online! Looks like you are doing great!!

Lindsay0311 Guest

Hey NoSalad!! I would love that calculation if you could give that too me! It sounds like you had a great day...skinnier already!! That is progress!

Page 8 of 246 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast