Page 7 of 247 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 7

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

How long was it missing for? How long did it take you to get it back?

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member

I don't know, my period was very irregular. It would go missing for several months, then come back with a crazy schedule, either very strong or very weak, then it would go missing again.

When I started this diet, I was bleeding a little every day, like a few drops. It normalised 2-3 months later.

Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

No such luck.

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Do you count calories? Low-calorie diets and being underweight cause loss of period.

I've never counted calories and I was never on low fat diets for longer than a month(?). I have PCOS and my body is screwed up due to antibiotic use, plus I haven't exercised for 5 years.

Pick your favourite.

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Then give yourself a little more time. I only have PCOS.

Double-A is offline Junior Member

Reason I asked about the real food is that I feel that it is the most important aspect of the diet aspect of our lifestyle - even though vegetarian/vegan is silly, IMO, it can be healthier than SAD if it's done with real food (instead of tofu and other ridiculous shite) in mind.

Did you eat a lot of soy/products with soy in your past life?

In your low-carb/non-low-fat diet cycles, were you eating a lot of fat, and what kinds?

Sorry to be so nosey, just wondering about your dieting specifics before coming here, so there's something to compare to when you're a few months in. PCOS and acne, and many other issues, I feel are issues of diet, and especially the poisons we are fed via "food" and "medicine".

And yes, I am crazy.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

<grin> NoSalad ----

I&#39;m not a doctor, or anything professional except a piano tuner!

This is an effect I have (LOL). I come across as some kind of silly authority, or something.

I suppose it comes about from a lifetime of trying to figure out why my efforts to be well, slender, and healthy have been so frustrating and ineffective. I read a lot, I theorize all the time, and I write a lot every day. After decades go by, it all adds up. I do have a lot of background in many subjects, some by direct experience, but none backed up by rigorous research from original sources. I love to swim in ideas and theories, and to see connections.

I do try to stick to "facts" which seem to be valid, from sources I trust, or especially from my own experience trying something which worked. Other times I pick up odds and ends from here or there. For instance, that bit about brains finishing their "myelinizing" and thus working better after age 25 came from Dr. Daniel G. Amen, who specializes in brain science and brain scanning. I caught him first on a couple of PBS documentaries, and was impressed, so I ordered his books. I haven&#39;t found him coming out with farfetched stuff yet. He seems very well-grounded, and some of his observations ring true to me, explaining things I&#39;ve noticed but not understood.

Anyway, please realize that while I try to share ideas which I do believe in and have considered quite carefully, they have not met any particular standard, like peer-reviewed articles, or something. (Though a lot of tripe sometimes seems to get past peer-reviews, or we wouldn&#39;t be saddled with the cholesterol myths.)

The silliest event this air of authority led to was in a community college art class about twenty years ago. The instructor was kind of a rough diamond, who tended to be pretty severe and authoritarian at times (though fun and original other times ...) He sometimes was out of the classroom, and other students got the habit of asking me exactly what he meant when he gave this or that assignment ... he could be pretty heavy if he thought someone was ignoring what he had said. So of course I explained -- after all, I DID understand what he had said, and they obviously didn&#39;t. And one day a fellow student asked me about the assignment while the teacher was still in the room ..... <BIG GUFFAW>

Sophia Guest

I know you&#39;ve not been on here for long but you are what made me sign up and start taking myself and my health seriously. So thank you.

Underwaterer is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

hey NoSalad,

I&#39;m 5&#39;2&#39;&#39; and used to weigh 150 average, 155 was the most. I would really notice the fat on my body in photos and it made me so upset. I&#39;m pretty curvy and have that hourglass thing going on so it just made it worse. I have been trying to follow the primal diet. I weigh about 141 now and gosh 9 pounds has made such a difference. My goal weight is 130. My face looks a whole lot different. Instead of looking round girlish, it now has a more womanly shape. I&#39;m so envious of my boyfriend who has (almost) effortlessly gone from 215 to 170. He looks like a whole new man. He changed his diet dramatically and started cycling. I wish the weight would fall off of me like it did on him.

Page 7 of 247 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast