Page 6 of 247 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 6

KaterinaE Guest

Hey NoSaladWithoutMeat-

Your intro in regards to PCOS caught my attention. Two months ago I was diagnosed with PCOS by my naturopath (horrible cystic acne, irregular periods, et al), so I'm pretty familiar with what you're going through.

Just thought I'd share with you what has worked for me (I've made tremendous improvement over this time)

I stopped eating fruits and nuts,

I use castor oil and coconut oil on my face

I do castor oil packs on my abdomen every night (google it :] )

And I use botanical Saw Palmetto (recently I've added more botanic medicines to my protocol, but the Saw Palmetto gave me the bulk of my improvement)

If you haven't already, I strongly suggest you see a naturopath!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

Hey, no blood, no foul NSwoM. I was being silly.

Besides, the reason I live here in NYC is because I'm unfriendly. No one seems to notice.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

@KatarinaE

Hmmm, saw palmetto ... interesting. My PCOS was mentioned by a gynecologist, but no treatment was offered. Probably just as well -- he was the guy who prescribed the artificial progesterone from hell.

Age fixes most of these things, but of course one doesn't want to wait. I've read that PCOS is one more complication of Metabolic Syndrome, so maybe Primal might offer relief as you get further into it.

@NoSalad

I'm not saying that you should be one size or another, just that for me, when I see someone 5'10" complaining about being 150, way down under a size 10, it seems ---- well, it sort of boggles my mind. You know, it comes down to this: 150 pounds of WHAT? If the proportion of muscle is right, you would probably look really great and not feel at all like a whale at 150.

I'm 5'8", and I consider my ideal weight to be 190, which I haven't seen in almost twenty years. I'm now in the process of moving from 286 down to 240 for the third time. I get stuck at 240, usually, and then come apart at the seams and fly back up again, because I've lost too much lean mass and am too exhausted to continue. Not this time, Primal is very different, and how I'm doing it is different as well. In six or eight months, I might finally get past the glass floor, so to speak.

Admittedly, I carry quite a bit of muscle even underneath the layers of marshmallow. It certainly aches enough. My work gives me good upper body strength. The last low carb low calorie fiasco (2006) I could tell matters were going from bad to worse the more I lost -- the piano lids were getting heavier, plus my walking was worse and worse as my knees seized up.

I always had some muscle going for me. I remember back in my twenties a nurse was weighing me in a doctor&#39;s office, and she looked at me and at the scale, and said, "My, you&#39;re dense." <grin>

I&#39;m not particularly big-boned, but they are pretty well mineralized from all the work they have to do and all the weight they have to carry. I had a bone scan when I was 52 and was taking a little bit of thyroid, just in case. Sacroiliac, and the neck of the femur. It came back: "You have 113% of the bone density of a normal young person." Admittedly, this was pre-menopausal, but I decided I didn&#39;t need to get another bone scan. The consolation prize for being too heavy and still trying to do active things.

I think what I&#39;m trying to say is, I hope you realize that in the whole gamut of normal human variations you are really not all that bad a size, and at 21 you have a long path in front of you. In middle age things get really hairy. Best to build up your condition and let the weight go away on its own, so that your body is not primed to fight dieting tooth and nail later on ... not a good place to be, and these days so many women end up there.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Katerina, I can&#39;t wait to go to a Naturopath but I&#39;m always quite afraid they&#39;ll give me idiotic recommendations like eating whole grains and no fat (it&#39;s been done). Nevertheless, I will got when I can afford it :P

I definitely have problems with nuts, but I don&#39;t know about fruit... when I eat a lot of fruit my skin gets really clear ^_^

I don&#39;t know, I&#39;ll figure things through I guess...

But I&#39;ll definitely try your oil advise-recipe-thingamajigs :P

PDL, heh, I always get annoyed at advice like "Oh, your period will regulate when you have kids". What if I don&#39;t want kids?... What if I don&#39;t want to wait that long? Besides there isn&#39;t a chance for me to have kids without a period, not to mention regulating something I simply don&#39;t have. No period. For YEARS.

YEARS!!!!!

I&#39;m counting on PB, I really bloody am.

Haha, anyone wants to knock me up and solve my PCOS problem?

Beware, the kids might turn out exactly like me: spoiled brats masquerading as innocent doe-eyed angels.

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

@NoSalad

I think I can say one thing to you ... point out one thing which you really don&#39;t need to worry about, that is.

You talk about ego and being a spoiled brat, and once you mentioned self-hatred.

And you&#39;re 21.

These things go together. They are not an integral and eternal part of your personality. They are an artifact of your time of life. People your age are working on developing their egos. I did too. After awhile the work is done, and the psychological issues just fade away. It&#39;s completely normal.

Also, there&#39;s a physical component. Have you noticed that the auto insurance rates for young men in particular are sky-high? And then about age 25 they start to taper off a little bit? This is because until age 25 your brain is still "myelinizing". That is, the nerves are still building their myelin sheaths, their insulation, so to speak. Everything really does settle down and get better once that work is done.

Keep on keeping on ............... you&#39;ll do fine, you are doing fine. And I&#39;m sure that with PB eating and lifestyle, and maybe a few liver herbs or (who knows?) saw palmetto?, your period will come right back and salute every month. Hey, mine was cockeyed (though never completely absent, admittedly) for over 30 years! A few doses of liver tea, and it just clicked into synch, like it was punching a time clock, and STAYED THERE. I still shake my head in amazement over that.

While you&#39;re gathering herbs, you might try a little milk thistle. It can&#39;t hurt, it&#39;s very good for the liver.

A really good practitioner (naturopath or herbalist) would no doubt ease your way and speed your progress no end -- but finding out which one? Ah, that&#39;s pretty hard. If you try them, allow yourself to admit it if you have chosen badly, and move on to another one. I didn&#39;t in 2006, just soldiered on, and I&#39;m still paying the price.

PDL, are you an actual doctor? You sound like it!

I&#39;m so glad you&#39;re on my journal

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Double-A is offline Junior Member

This journal is experiencing some explosive growth - y&#39;all some voluminous writers up in here. Alas, today I am too tired to match.

Want to say welcome to the community, Meat.

Before I facedesk from a very un-Primal sugar crash: Do you have a food co-op in your area? These are about 10^n -> n = A Very Significant Number times better than Whole Foods, which is a soulless corporate-American spirit crushing entity that undoubtedly wants to devour Canada&#39;s children in their sleep.

Looking back to your intro, I see you&#39;ve tried a number of alternate diets already - pardon the question (if the answer is in there - as mentioned before, I can barely stay awake [and am at work >.>]), but have you completely eliminated processed foods in those diets? If so, how long have you been Frankenfood free or eating Only Real Foods?

Very interested in your journey and can&#39;t wait to see how it goes

PDR - so sometime in the next year brain will settle the hell down and stop exploding? I&#39;m hopin&#39; so. Social anxiety is getting old.

This just in, my skin looks 40% better. Maybe it&#39;s the baking soda mask? I didn&#39;t use any oil, like I usually do, at night even though I felt dry.

I NEED coconut oil!

I was looking for it today at the grocery store, and probably been standing at the oil section for a really long time, and a cute stock-guy came up to me and asked if I needed help. I flipped out and stared at him for like 10 minutes. Then I said no. Then I stuttered something. He left.

I&#39;m such a loser :/

I&#39;ve been having incredibly strange dreams, about Fox Mulder.

Too much X-files.

:<

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Aaron, thanks ^_^

Yes, I suppose you&#39;re right about Whole Foods. Those *censured* of *censured* are really *censured* and expensive. But living in the big city I had to resort to shopping there, at the risk of some children being eaten. And I will not feel bad about it! (mainly because I don&#39;t like children.)

In Montreal, I am safe away from such an evil corporation and do have the possibility of buying farm produce. I just haven&#39;t had the funding/ will power to go there, with the snow storms and my unwillingness to die.

To your other question, my lame attempts at dieting did include momentary abstinence from frankenfood (such an Atkins term!) unless I was low-carbing. Because I didn&#39;t realize eating pounds of cured bacon every day wasn&#39;t a good idea. But then again when I started bingeing again, I would inhale anything in sight, so it&#39;s not lie I have been drug fr... ahem, processed-food free for a while.

From that I concluded, that no matter what diet I was on it only worked because I abstained from yucky, cardboard, fake food.

Weather I felt great on the diet in question was another story.

Why do you ask?

My sugar cravings are gone. Entirely. I can&#39;t explain it.

I think there was a time where I allowed myself to eat EVERYTHING and at that point I got bored of these "exciting, forbidden foods". And boredom, my friend, is the thing I loathe most.

Oh another thing that helped, I was on that &#39;nothing cooked diet&#39; that made me feel like a starving Somalian kid, and after that I felt so grateful to be able to eat steak that I didn&#39;t feel like I was missing out on anything not eating bread.

Hope I helped and you didn&#39;t shoot yourself from reading all this.

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hey NoSalad,

Just wanted to say that my period came back and it&#39;s now regular like clockwork, comes every 29 days. Stick to this diet. Eat only real food and don&#39;t be too strict.

Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Page 6 of 247 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast