Page 5 of 247 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 5

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

What a typically American thing to say, while completely disregarding the context :]

Sorry to disappoint your LA friends, but NYC isn't the centre of the Universe either...

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

What an Atypically Canadian thing to say. I thought you guys excelled at dead pan sarcasm. o_0

We aren't limited to deadpan sarcasm, especially when our main goal isn't to impress/ entertain the Americans but merely to inform them of their imprudent elitism :]

Plus, it isn't very productive to make irrelevant and slightly arrogant comments on someone's journal when you clearly don't take interest in their success.

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

In other news, to those who actually care about what it is I eat/do and weather it's working, I have noticed my jeans are in urgent need of a belt! So it is working!

Awesome!

To celebrate I will make today: sashimi and movie day.

Scrosese better not disappoint with Shutter Island! <3

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

geez, I pull your leg, and it falls off.

Besides I&#39;m AmeriCanadian, gots that dual citizenship.

But you&#39;ve got me all figured out, Arrogant, Irrelevant, Imputent (in the extreme), Elitist, and Imperialist to boot!

Maybe I&#39;ll colonize ya&#39;ll by opening up a Whole Foods in your neighborhood.

I&#39;m as invested in your success as I am in any random internet person. Good luck to you, sorry you had a break out, I haven&#39;t got any advice for that, and I haven&#39;t been doing this any longer than you (Well, except I&#39;m not starting on Monday. I started 10 days ago, which means squat, I&#39;ve probably got alot more work to do on my health than you do.)

Kent Hawley is offline Junior Member

New belts that are smaller than old belts are good.

Athena is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the belt!! I wore a belt for the first time in 6 years the other day! Can we be belt buddies?? :-D haha

Nekurahn is offline Junior Member

Good job! ^^

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

@Kryz, @NoSalad

I have a little experience with irregular periods, so maybe I can tell you what worked for me. It was a surprise.

I was in my mid-forties, had been irregular (PCOS) since starting at age 13. Was on birth control pills for a couple years in grad school, then quit them.

My sister had jaundice, and she found a liver tea recipe which she liked, so I tried it, just for general detox, I thought. You don&#39;t take much at once, it&#39;s very bitter. I&#39;d make a little batch, and have six small doses (2 days worth) from it. Then a couple weeks later I&#39;d do it again. I made it maybe three or four times total ---

My periods got regular for the first time in my life, and even after I stopped making the liver tea, they STAYED regular till menopause! (good grief) Also, menopause was late (56) but easy. I just used a little progesterone cream, then tapered off it, with no trouble.

So, I think that a congested or toxic liver might have a lot to do with irregular periods. It&#39;s the liver which breaks down hormones on time so they don&#39;t hang around too long fouling up rhythmic cycles.

Here&#39;s her recipe for liver tea (Hepatic Formula):

1 part burdock (root)

1 part dandelion (root) (I used chicory instead once)

1/2 part elecampane (root)

1/2 part mugwort (leaf)

1/2 part ginger

1/4 part Oregon grape root

For 2-1/2 cups water, use 1 part = 1 tablespoon. Mix will equal about one ounce. Simmer about twenty minutes for about 2 cups of tea. Or use a coffee grinder and fill capsules, for more economy.

Take 3 capsules 3x a day, or drink 1/2 cup tea 3x a day.

-------------------

Although the ingredients are just herbs, I&#39;d respect the dosage and not go over it. The Oregon grape root is a little bit laxative, but there&#39;s only a little of it.

At first I couldn&#39;t find dandelion root in the health food coop, and didn&#39;t have the initiative to just go out and dig it up, so I used roasted chicory, which also tasted very nice. Also, I couldn&#39;t find elecampane, but the tea worked pretty well without it. Then I found plants at a local herb farm, and just grew it. It&#39;s a very pungent root. Also kind of a fun plant. It has big leaves and grows about four or five feet tall, with yellow daisy-like flowers. Perennial.

Other options for liver troubles: echinacea tincture might help some, and milk thistle is very good. I sometimes take milk thistle capsules or tincture.

By the way, I also once experienced a non-stop period -- very frightening, though I didn&#39;t lose as much blood. It was when I (STOOPIDLY!!!!!) tried to be macrobiotic and depend on tofu for protein. A gynecologist prescribed an artificial progesterone, which stopped the bleeding but made me wake up at 3 a.m. every night and cry for three hours. Later on, after I&#39;d stopped the dratted pills and gone back to eating regular food, it all subsided.

Just a few days ago I read what Lierre Keith had to say about soy in The Vegetarian Myth. MY GOSH, that stuff should be outlawed, not grown as food! My tofu experience was absolutely not a fluke -- more like a foregone conclusion.

When I found out that progesterone, unlike estrogen, has only one form in the entire animal kingdom, and that human-identical progesterone was used as the feedstock to make these damned patented versions, so that Pharma could charge a lot (progesterone as a natural substance cannot be patented) and that the natural stuff has no side effects, but the artificial varieties have a TON of side effects (like my crying) I got FURIOUS! The Pharma people who planned that little money-grabbing health fiasco should be in jail, IMO. There&#39;s no way that a biochemist designing a progesterone alternative and testing for side effects to get FDA approval could possibly not realize that the new product was inferior to the human-identical version he was making it from. And they did it anyway.

By the way, I&#39;ve had good naturopaths and bad naturopaths. The last one put me on a fancy low-carb diet system from Australia, and tried to sell me little packets of "nutritional supplement" made in New Zealand to take three or four times a day. They turned out to be only powdered milk and Splenda, with just enough trace flavoring to put the name on the packet. They also had two non-sweet varieties, which had grams of salt in them. I returned them, but was *STOOPID* enough to continue the low-carb low fat low calorie starvation diet till my joints began to fail completely. I lost a lot of strength at the same time, plus I was exhausted. Eight months severe unrelieved low carb. Never again!

Four 2-ounce servings of meat or fish or cheese per day, 30 grams carb only allowed, a few teaspoons of unspecified oil (I used olive), drink tons of water, and have a little cider vinegar every day. The vinegar was the only good thing in that whole effort, IMO, since it restored some intestinal flora. Now I make kombucha and sometimes make yoghurt which I culture for a long, long time to eat up most of the lactose.

Good luck -- remember, you&#39;re young. You have a lot of leeway, a lot of flexibility, and many opportunities. Wish I&#39;d found something like Primal when I was your age!!

By the way, size 2 for someone an inch taller than I am ................................. well ................

No doubt she did feel heavy, after being so feather-light before. But it seems to me that people complaining about 150 pounds are seeing things through our cultural blinders. Also, no mistake that the diet didn&#39;t work as well the second time. That&#39;s what they do. You use up lean mass every time you go around that cycle, and teach your body to have a hair-trigger response to the slightest effort to curtail calories. Pretty soon it will not give up fat no matter what stick you beat it with. Crashing out of inadequate diets leads to laying on more weight than you lost, right in the belly where it absolutely doesn&#39;t belong.

Primal luckily won&#39;t do this if you eat plenty of fat and protein calories, and don&#39;t nail the flag to the flagpole. And the Intermittent Fast had better be just that -- very intermittent, to keep the famine alarms from clanging fit to kill.

I&#39;m trying to build up, not whittle down. I want my muscle and cartilage back, so I can walk again without hobbling. The fat can find its own way off, in its own time. I refuse to abuse my body one more time to try to "reduce."

Well, chatter, chatter

Hope the liver tea helps someone, like it did me. It&#39;s something to try, anyway, carefully, as one tries anything.

Hahahahaha!

DarthNotSoFriendly, it was all an elaborate Canadian joke, no hard feelings! :P

Implied arrogance ticks me off because... &#39;dis journal ain&#39;t big enough for the both of us (especially with my ego).

I just tend to be hard on those witty, sarcastic, elitist bastards that remind me of myself (I mentioned my self-loathing already, didn&#39;t I?).

I&#39;m sorry if I contained your multidimensional, duo-national personality in a small red-necked box. Stereotyping is just too darn fun, on these types of forums.

I think if I was a man I would be one of those big, toothless Canadians sitting at bars and trying to pick a fight...

So, bygones? <3

Kent, Athena - thank you, Primal friends!

Nekurahn, random question, do you know where to get raw milk in Montreal?

If you take me there I&#39;ll be your best friend forever

Piano-Doctor-Lady, wow what a story! I enjoy reading your long posts so don&#39;t be shy :P They&#39;re always super informative!

I will write down your recipe and will try it when I get the chance to get all the ingredients! Thank you so much for letting me know!

I appreciate folks who are more concerned about their health than anything else. But being young I have to honestly say, my reasons are pretty vain and simplistic.

Yes, being a size 2 and 5&#39;10, maybe my proportions are out of whack but that seems like pretty spectacular results! Not to mention makes me feel like a whale at 148-150 :0

Right now, I&#39;d be through the roof if I weighed 130! And If my weight would creep below 120 I&#39;d get pretty annoyed because I love my ass, I love my curves and I don&#39;t find exceptionally skinny women attractive!

Not to mention, all the super fit girls I know are smaller than I am yet weigh almost the same as I do. Muscle mass weighs more than fat, and I wish I could finally get that through my thick head and stop weighing myself every 5 minutes!!!!

Off to see Shutter Island,

Cheerios

Page 5 of 247 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast